Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 174

Thread: Brainless baby turns 1.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #81
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    It's a Human Husk. Not a Human which is my point.

    The superior intellect, reasoning and problem solving is what makes us human and separates us from the rest of the primate kingdom. Not just having specific organs.
    Hey, I can play this game too. Our advanced cerebrum is what is enabling us with this superior intellect, reasoning and problem solving, thus in fact, it is an organ that separates us.

    No. Period. Wrong. Genetically and biologically it IS human. Whether or not it contains consciousness is irrelevant in determining whether it is a homo sapien. However, as Kuya said earlier, it isn't and never will become more of a person than say... a blade of grass will be.

  2. #82
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Depending on how much it can do on it's own (within reason, as disease or not, it is still a "baby"), I'm not sure if I would even define it as living, much less human.

  3. #83
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    900
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    It's a Human Husk. Not a Human which is my point.

    The superior intellect, reasoning and problem solving is what makes us human and separates us from the rest of the primate kingdom. Not just having specific organs.
    Define husk

    Since when are we separate from the rest of the primate kingdom. I'm pretty sure we are part of the primate kingdom.

    Does a retard not count as a human being? Is their some level of intelligence that you have to reach to human? If I was born without a hand would you not consider me human?

  4. #84
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Hey, I can play this game too. Our advanced cerebrum is what is enabling us with this superior intellect, reasoning and problem solving, thus in fact, it is an organ that separates us.

    No. Period. Wrong. Genetically and biologically it IS human. Whether or not it contains consciousness is irrelevant in determining whether it is a homo sapien. However, as Kuya said earlier, it isn't and never will become more of a person than say... a blade of grass will be.
    Thanks. So you agree its a Husk

  5. #85
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    http://www.websters-online-dictionar...nition/Chicken

    Still waiting on your definition.

    oh and as for Homosapien google it and see what you find.
    Oh will you look at that, I googled homo sapien and the first result is a wikipedia link to human.

  6. #86
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    http://www.websters-online-dictionar...nition/Chicken

    Still waiting on your definition.

    oh and as for Homosapien google it and see what you find.
    Chicken, as per your link:

    A domestic fowl bred for flesh or eggs; believed to have been developed from the red jungle fowl.
    Human, as per this link:


    Humans are bipedal primates belonging to the species Homo sapiens (Latin: "wise man" or "knowing man") in Hominidae, the great ape family.[2][3]
    If you want to call it a human husk, go right ahead. Good luck convincing anyone that it's more than just a subjective matter of taste on your part.

  7. #87
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    Thanks. So you agree its a Husk
    Apparently you need some critical reading skills.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy
    No. Period. Wrong. Genetically and biologically it IS human. Whether or not it contains consciousness is irrelevant in determining whether it is a homo sapien. However, as Kuya said earlier, it isn't and never will become more of a person than say... a blade of grass will be.

  8. #88
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Stilzkin View Post
    Define husk

    Since when are we separate from the rest of the primate kingdom. I'm pretty sure we are part of the primate kingdom.

    Does a retard not count as a human being? Is their some level of intelligence that you have to reach to human? If I was born without a hand would you not consider me human?
    Apples and oranges. Hands =/ Brains.

  9. #89
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Apparently you need some critical reading skills.
    Thanks so you agree its a Husk. a perfect genetically human husk.

  10. #90
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Rhinox's insistence on calling it a human husk is probably some sort of ideological hangup. I would pay it no attention, no more than i would leif's insistence on free market this and free market that.

  11. #91
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Chicken, as per your link:


    Human, as per this link:




    If you want to call it a human husk, go right ahead. Good luck convincing anyone that it's more than just a subjective matter of taste on your part.
    Its what I've been saying from the start. but since you attached emotion to a word it went completely over your head.

  12. #92
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Rhinox's insistence on calling it a human husk is probably some sort of ideological hangup. I would pay it no attention, no more than i would leif's insistence on free market this and free market that.
    Oh, but arguing semantics is something I love to do.

  13. #93
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Rhinox's insistence on calling it a human husk is probably some sort of ideological hangup. I would pay it no attention, no more than i would leif's insistence on free market this and free market that.
    and you attach your emotional ideological idea to what a human is to your definition. How are you any different then me?

  14. #94
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    Apples and oranges. Hands =/ Brains.
    So is a brain dead person no longer a human? Do they suddenly lose their genetic identity and transform into an alien?

  15. #95
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Perhaps someone would like to explain to me how i attached emotion to a word when i was the one saying that one only needs to be genetically identifiable as human, to be a human. As opposed to rhinox who insists on making a distinction between a human who is empty (husk) and a human who is filled with ... something...

  16. #96
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Perhaps someone would like to explain to me how i attached emotion to a word when i was the one saying that one only needs to be genetically identifiable as human, to be a human. As opposed to rhinox who insists on making a distinction between a human who is empty (husk) and a human who is filled with ... something...
    Ironic, ain't it?

  17. #97
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    I love Circular arguments.

    When you no longer posses the ability to think you become a human husk.

    although I'm pretty sure you could've drawn that conclusion if you used the reasoning you were born with. Unless of course you're retarded in which case carry on.

  18. #98
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Perhaps someone would like to explain to me how i attached emotion to a word when i was the one saying that one only needs to be genetically identifiable as human, to be a human. As opposed to rhinox who insists on making a distinction between a human who is empty (husk) and a human who is filled with ... something...
    Because we have had this discussion before. You have personal ideological views and we've both argued on this topic before.

  19. #99
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Unless i'm retarded in which case i'm not human, gotcha.

  20. #100
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    I love Circular arguments.

    When you no longer posses the ability to think you become a human husk.
    Yeah I'm done since you seem to be getting more and more retarded as you carry on.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Baby born with third arm!
    By Vade in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2006-06-01, 13:14
  2. Connecticuit is turning their kids into WUSSIES!!!
    By Norelco in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 2006-05-28, 00:12
  3. Stephen Harper Eats Babies
    By Tymon in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2006-05-07, 21:33
  4. White couple...black baby?
    By Vade in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2006-04-15, 18:37
  5. Bring back the incoming baby!
    By Sekkite in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2005-10-25, 14:09
  6. Turn real life into an MMORPG! Talking to girls = EXP Reward
    By Leaping Lizzy in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2005-08-30, 04:19