Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Help with Windows 7     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Thanks for the link, it worked! Now to fix this mouse issue (Looking for the driver for that now) and the two Windows 7 at start issue and this will be a success. The graphics thing fixed the Aero and screensaver issue.

  2. #22
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    516
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

    To get rid of that second boot try this ~ Boot from CD like your going to format again ~ When you get to the option to choose a HD click advanced at the bottom right and then format (make sure you format the smaller HD) ~ :3 Then just remove CD and reboot....

    Keep in mind this will entirely wipe that HD and you can no longer use it as a recovery HD but can use it as storage now (which is not a bad thing at all since you've figured out how to format/track down drivers)

    Will think about your mouse issue more today as I finish my swing shift...on Christmas....D:

  3. #23
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    516
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

    This is the Vista32bit version driver for your touch pad, which should include the scroll bar (change it to vista64bit if you installed a 64bit of Win7) ~ See if this works (Did research and alot of people were told to just install these drivers and it worked after that)

    http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=224627

    After that goto your device manager and see if there is anything with yellow and black "!" signs~ Try and fix all your problems now I say :3 so you can be happy sailing in your laptop world

  4. #24
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    I tried the download and when I open the application, it says "There are no files to download. Please go to Drivers and Download". I went to that section on the dell website, but it was the same as the link you posted. I also went into Devices and Printers=> Computer Name => Hardware on my computer to check for the yellow warning signs, and none is there for the mouse. However, there are two of them for something called "Base System Device". When I tried installing the driver using "Update Driver", it did not work.

  5. #25
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    516
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

    More times than not I've found going through device manager to look for /install drivers i get 'no drivers needed yada yada no updated drivers yada'

    Did you actually try to d/l the actual file from the website? And thats what said no files? o.o;

    The Base System Device I have on mine atm and haven't found an actual fix yet (also not having any issues at all with Win7/FFXI and HP model dv6707us)

  6. #26
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Here is a picture of it in case I'm not doing something right:

  7. #27
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    516
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

    Ya ~ Try clearing all your cookies/internet settings then click download again > d/l with internet browser (not dells d/l manager) > You should get the option to save a file named R166314.EXE (If this ever happens again)

    For now try this ~ http://www.melodiesofdeath.com/classicred/R166314.EXE < right click / save as ~

  8. #28
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    You sir, are a genius. The link did not work since it said I needed some extra disk, but I followed the cookies instructions and redownloaded the file. It worked perfectly!

  9. #29
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    516
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

    ma'am*

    And glad it worked and that I was able to help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Help with FFXICalculator+Windower.
    By Reeno in forum Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2011-04-21, 11:34