Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 106 of 106
  1. #101
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,107
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    Yeah and we're one of them. Good job at not knowing your own country lol
    LIBERALS PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELVES. When you state something like "You're wrong, you don't know your own country" and then top it off with a "lol", you don't seem credible.

    EXPLAIN YOUR POSITIONS. This is not difficult.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    I thought I proved already that arguing tax code with faux libertarian tea bagger would get people nowhere. Because no matter how many quotes or how many constitional articles you present they will always come back with "well, thats not what he meant! what he meant to say was..."
    What? Who is "they" or "he"?

  2. #102
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    LIBERALS PLEASE EXPLAIN YOURSELVES. When you state something like "You're wrong, you don't know your own country" and then top it off with a "lol", you don't seem credible.

    EXPLAIN YOUR POSITIONS. This is not difficult.





    What? Who is "they" or "he"?

  3. #103
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,107
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    Great argument, liberals!

  4. #104
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Holy shit I want to know the context so bad

  5. #105
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by setzer View Post
    Olo... What I said is you scare me for thinking that all of one's wealth should be taken by the state upon death, which is what you said is "logical". Please go reread, I'll wait.
    And that's something that I never said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    When a person dies with a middle class net worth (these days we'll say that's under a million dollars) you're correct and I will agree with you all the way. But a person dies with many multiples of millions of dollars in net worth, even when it is taxed at a high rate (30-50%) their child's life WILL be MUCH BETTER than their own because they will have started off with a HUGE advantage already. The ONLY reason to do so is consolidation of wealth, and by extension consolidation of power.

    You have to understand this - at a certain point of accumulated wealth a estate tax is necessary. Without it, kings and serfs are created.
    By all means, please keep making yourself look like a fool. As far as big bold type goes, I had a reason - if you had said that to me in person I would've decked you.

  6. #106
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by setzer View Post
    Olo... What I said is you scare me for thinking that all of one's wealth should be taken by the state upon death, which is what you said is "logical". Please go reread, I'll wait.
    And that's something that I never said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    When a person dies with a middle class net worth (these days we'll say that's under a million dollars) you're correct and I will agree with you all the way. But a person dies with many multiples of millions of dollars in net worth, even when it is taxed at a high rate (30-50%) their child's life WILL be MUCH BETTER than their own because they will have started off with a HUGE advantage already. The ONLY reason to do so is consolidation of wealth, and by extension consolidation of power.

    You have to understand this - at a certain point of accumulated wealth a estate tax is necessary. Without it, kings and serfs are created.
    By all means, please keep making yourself look like a fool. BTW if you think I'm a tough guy you're wrong I'm seriously a nice quiet guy.. but if you had said that shit to me in person I would've laid you out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Similar Threads

  1. When good things happen to the wrong people
    By Raineer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 2005-05-08, 07:20
  2. Pics During the Week (not 56k friendly)
    By Aki in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2004-09-26, 02:36