Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 133
  1. #101
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,397
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I actually dread a full expansion. 3 more years of trying to keep up with time-released missions with an ever-dwindling player base? I'm at a point where I can just barely scrounge up 6 people for WotG missions. And I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

  2. #102
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    326
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    I actually dread a full expansion. 3 more years of trying to keep up with time-released missions with an ever-dwindling player base? I'm at a point where I can just barely scrounge up 6 people for WotG missions. And I consider myself one of the lucky ones.
    Same here. I just can't see myself playing long enough to see through to the end of another full expansion.

    I'd rather they stop rushing blindly forward with new garbage and spend a few patches adjusting existing content.

  3. #103
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I cant see myself even BUYING another expansion with the horrible way they've handled wotg and the minis except for the next time a steam deal comes out for 12 bucks and i get the new one + those mini's i didnt get before.

  4. #104
    Trigun
    Guest

    A trailer for a new expansion would snag you all faster then a bear trap.

    See what it did for 14?

  5. #105
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
    A trailer for a new expansion would snag you all faster then a bear trap.

    See what it did for 14?
    Well people were already looking forward to what Project Rapture is for about 4 years so yeah it being FFXIV helped.

  6. #106
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,397
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
    A trailer for a new expansion would snag you all faster then a bear trap.

    See what it did for 14?
    I openly admit that I would buy a new expansion, despite what I said a few posts above. The price tag itself is fairly insignificant*, and I would like to have any new content available.

    I'm in. I just dread trying to get those missions done.


    *I got the minis, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 100 on a tidal tele.

  7. #107
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
    Lets get hype then...


    and 25 days left till...

    - 50/50 chance of seeing avatars
    I lol'd.

  8. #108
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    the VU isn't actually when the Vanafest hits tho is it..?
    its probably right after... or maybe within a month off from it?

  9. #109
    Trigun
    Guest

    At the last Vanafest they did a VU(version update) about same/week after the festival, then came to America and repeated everything in English.

  10. #110
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    282
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Personally, I would like to see them announce new jobs....trust me, I know there are plenty of redundencies (sp?) but at least it would be exciting. /sigh...i guess I just want a reason to want to play XI again lol

  11. #111
    Trigun
    Guest

    One of the redundancies I've been pondering is Necromancer. They could do like a Soultrapper/Limbo Machine (Fatal Frame cam action / Ghosbuster containment unit) to get portraits and depending on mixture the spirit could be good/evil doing healing magic/all out raging demon stuff.

    EDIT: I know there have been threads and threads of job speculations and hypothesis but its still fun to imagine.
    Also Geomancer to even the number of jobs out.

  12. #112
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    or they could just incorporate that into a revamped Beastmaster job somehow..
    i think that would be better.

    new jobs are always shiny / anticipated.. but bad considering a lot of existing jobs really could use some help with being played or balanced.

  13. #113
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,506
    BG Level
    10

    Seriously, fix some of the jobs out right now before adding anymore.

  14. #114
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    BG Level
    6

    Everyone who mentions Necromancer is retarded. SE already said like 5 times they won't ever do one. Undead mobs only come out at night they said, so it isn't viable.

    Their words, not mine.

  15. #115
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Seriously, fix some of the jobs out right now before adding anymore.
    This, a thousand times this. This is why I hope SE revamps SMNs Rage BPs to make them a bit more effective in a PT damage wise until 70 before they add avatars.

    Wouldn't mind seeing a few new tweeks to some jobs as well, though odds are they won't be any of my mains.

  16. #116
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,102
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post
    Everyone who mentions Necromancer is retarded. SE already said like 5 times they won't ever do one. Undead mobs only come out at night they said, so it isn't viable.

    Their words, not mine.
    Except for when the undead swarm attack in beseiged. At least after they patched them so they wouldnt depop on the way there.

  17. #117
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    282
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I most certainly agree that all (most) of the old jobs need work and/or revamping, but I guess I am hoping that SE could walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. I think if they want to make a big splash, new jobs...new expansion (with NEW zones this time) would be huge. Would it be misguided with all of the problems they still have with finishing up WotG and correcting jobs? Absolutely, but if they want to make an impact that is really the only way to go


    EDIT: Dont want to turn this into a new job speculation thread either, but necromancer sounds like it would never happen for reasons stated, but geez...if you were to have a class that controled the undead you really dont need to have them only out at night.

  18. #118
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    I think the cutscenes from the WOTG expansion are amazing and the best yet. The only flaw it has is that its really slow in updating new missions. A new expansion would be awesome and give people a lot more things to do. Look at how TOAU had assaults and salvage and look how many people STILL do those things. Sea and sky? People still do them regularly, wotg has campaign people do that a lot also. If new expansion were to be released and a new thing to do was out, don't tell me you wouldn't have fun doing it. A new expansion is definitely what this game needs right now with all the negative energy going around.

  19. #119
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I hope they promise us more summons, but never implement them. Summoner's tears are the best.

  20. #120
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Summoner's tears taste like Bandwagon laughing at SMNs for no new avatars.

    Best indeed!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. From the Desk of the Community Team (10/15/2010)
    By Gergall in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2010-10-19, 23:54
  2. The Walk of Echoes Beckons! (06/15/2010)
    By Francisco in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 2010-06-17, 07:29
  3. Announcing the Launch of the Official VanaFest 2010 Website! (02/12/2010)
    By Gergall in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 2010-02-28, 16:25
  4. Presenting the Nomad Mog Bonanza! (02/15/2010)
    By Shenrien in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2010-02-20, 18:14
  5. Participate in the customer support survey! (01/29/2010)
    By Invincible Beard in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2010-02-03, 22:13