Page 131 of 416 FirstFirst ... 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast
Results 2601 to 2620 of 8310
  1. #2601
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Trevor Hoffman time?!

    edit: HAHA HE FUCKING BLEW IT

  2. #2602
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5198475

    Pretty crazy stuff, lotta guys on the HGH :/

  3. #2603
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    The best walkoff celebration still belongs to Prince Fielder and his earthquake celebration. Too bad the other team (I think it was the Padres?) took offense and beaned him in spring training lol
    Also, it was the Giants that were upset by this. I thought it was hilarious too. A shame most people in baseball lack a sense of humor.

  4. #2604
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Hoffman had a 2 run lead to save, faced 5 batters, allowed 3 runs, and got zero outs.

  5. #2605
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Hoffman had a 2 run lead to save, faced 5 batters, allowed 3 runs, and got zero outs.
    Wow. Washed up.

  6. #2606
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Hoffman had a 2 run lead to save, faced 5 batters, allowed 3 runs, and got zero outs.
    Are you talking about today or some other time?

    Because this is what he usually does. 13.15 ERA, it's pretty sweet for a closer.

  7. #2607
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,702
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5198475

    Pretty crazy stuff, lotta guys on the HGH :/
    Given the information available on the athletes in that article, it shouldn't be too hard to put together who was being treated.

  8. #2608
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Are you talking about today or some other time?

    Because this is what he usually does. 13.15 ERA, it's pretty sweet for a closer.
    Today.

    I said Trevor Hoffman time?! hoping for a blown save so the Reds could win

    and he provided.

  9. #2609
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    Rhetorical question.

  10. #2610
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    Given the information available on the athletes in that article, it shouldn't be too hard to put together who was being treated.
    Really? Who? If it was only baseball then maybe you could work it out, but since they added that he likely injected a bunch of football players too I don't know how you'd tell. I imagine the list would come out in time, though.

  11. #2611
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Rhetorical question.
    I figured, but I'm excited to keep first place for another day.

  12. #2612
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,284
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    People in baseball are grudge holding vindictive bastards. No surprise people's panties are in a bunch when a team has an elaborate walk off celebration.

  13. #2613
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,592
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    god damn you hoffman, i needed a save to break the tie in that stat for fantasy this week

    edit: nvm, ill take a win instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    Dear Trevor Hoffman:

    You are killing me. Stop it.

    Sincerely, My team ERA in fantasy baseball.
    GOD DAMN IT HOFFMAN

  14. #2614
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,284
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Makes me feel like Brad Lidge isn't so so bad.

  15. #2615
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Also, it was the Giants that were upset by this. I thought it was hilarious too. A shame most people in baseball lack a sense of humor.
    I think if I were the opposing team I would lack a sense of humor regarding it as well. Not much "Hey, cute walk-off celebration they are doing."

  16. #2616
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I think if I were the opposing team I would lack a sense of humor regarding it as well. Not much "Hey, cute walk-off celebration they are doing."
    And that's exactly why I'm growing sick of baseball. In football, players like to celebrate their scores (even though they get fined, they still have fun).. in basketball, you have guys like LeBron who have those pre-game celebrations and what not, though it's not common. At least they try to have fun with shit.

    But in baseball.. celebrating a homer or celebrating a walk-off homer is so frowned upon. I mean.. fuck those guys for coming up with a celebration for when they won the game. We should go back to the 20s where someone hits a walk-off to win the world series, rounds the bases, crosses home plate and that's that!

    Now sure, maybe it shows up the other pitcher a bit when Fielder comes in like an earthquake and crashes his teammates down, but here's some advice for the opposing team: don't give up a fucking walk-off homer.

  17. #2617
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    So I guess after a walk-off all bets are off, you can taunt all you want cause hey, you shouldn't have given up the walk-off in the first place!

    I think baseball polices itself pretty well. If you show someone up, you get beaned. Is it really not enough to just jump around and get mobbed by your teammates? Is it only fun if you have some elaborate celebration?

  18. #2618
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    But in baseball.. celebrating a homer or celebrating a walk-off homer is so frowned upon. I mean.. fuck those guys for coming up with a celebration for when they won the game. We should go back to the 20s where someone hits a walk-off to win the world series, rounds the bases, crosses home plate and that's that!
    I don't think that line of thinking will last for long. The younger generation already embraces shows of emotion, to a point. When the older generation dies off I think people will be more accepting

  19. #2619
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,284
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    In the 20's when you won the world series the crowd rushed the field.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkle%27s_Boner

    (1908, whatever)

  20. #2620
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,593
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    So Hanley Ramirez is bashing his manager and refusing to apologize for "dogging it" after booting a ball and not hustling after it, allowing two runs to score and getting benched afterwards. The guy is gifted, but didn't people have concerns about his personality before they gave him the big contract?

Page 131 of 416 FirstFirst ... 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4567
    Last Post: 2011-11-01, 11:00
  2. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  3. 2009-2010 NBA Season, Lebron to Miami!
    By Dimmauk in forum Sports
    Replies: 3795
    Last Post: 2010-10-01, 17:40
  4. 2009 MLB season discussion*
    By fren. in forum Sports
    Replies: 7026
    Last Post: 2010-02-08, 14:00
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25