Page 171 of 416 FirstFirst ... 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 ... LastLast
Results 3401 to 3420 of 8310
  1. #3401
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ashley Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

    As far as the best record in the NL.. yeah, I forgot the Braves were that high up there. They need to keep pace with those other teams, but all that matters is they stay ahead in their own division. A shame the Braves don't play the NL Central all year considering their record against them.
    Whoa, can't have that. I am a crazy Reds fan (I have lived in Atlanta for 10 years, but my father played for Cincy and grew up a Reds fan). It's hard enough to try to root them both on with them in the same league. Was really happy when they split up the Western Division back in the day.

    Also, I'm still not over Brooks Conrad ripping my heart out last time Cincy was in town. (I was 5 rows back behind Cincy's dugout)

  2. #3402
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I figured Yunel would heat up. He's a career .300+ hitter, not .200. Was only a matter of time. Chipper I'm worried about because even when he's been on, he hasn't been that great. He's not in a Griffey situation, but he needs a big hit to get him going, and needs to stop getting hurt.
    Yeah I know Yunel has a history of being a very good contact hitter, I was just worried that it could snowball on him since he doesn't always have the best attitude. As for Chipper... I pretty much gave up on him a few weeks ago. He still has decent value since he walks at a high rate, but any ball he hits on the nose now seems to just be a long fly out. Depressing.

  3. #3403
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Yeah I know Yunel has a history of being a very good contact hitter, I was just worried that it could snowball on him since he doesn't always have the best attitude. As for Chipper... I pretty much gave up on him a few weeks ago. He still has decent value since he walks at a high rate, but any ball he hits on the nose now seems to just be a long fly out. Depressing.
    Yeah, I've been holding onto him in my fantasy league, but lol. As you know.. I may dump him soon and pick someone up and get more off my bench.

    I need to move a pitcher for a hitter though like woah.

  4. #3404
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Mike Stanton called up, the Jesus struggling in AAA.

    AGH.

  5. #3405
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    It could be worse, your front office could be so inept that they ask fans who take in the draft!

    Also the more I follow the minors, and the more it seems that the Yankees only hype the players they eventually want to trade, I'm increasingly thinking that Romine is the catcher they want to hold onto and develop, and Montero is the chip they want to use in a trade for a big pitcher. But that may just be me.

  6. #3406
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    All I'm saying is LOFUCKINGL. That is all.

  7. #3407
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Got a free ticket to Zito vs Cueto tonight, then hopefully going to the day game of Wellemeyer vs Leake on Thursday.

  8. #3408
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,662
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Got a free ticket to Zito vs Cueto tonight, then hopefully going to the day game of Wellemeyer vs Leake on Thursday.
    Have fun with your free win on Wellemeyer. Half the time I can't even bring myself to turn on the game when he's pitching. It's like Zito 2008.

  9. #3409
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    863
    BG Level
    5

    Maybe Chase Utley and Jayson Werth will show up tonight.

  10. #3410
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    It could be worse, your front office could be so inept that they ask fans who take in the draft!

    Also the more I follow the minors, and the more it seems that the Yankees only hype the players they eventually want to trade, I'm increasingly thinking that Romine is the catcher they want to hold onto and develop, and Montero is the chip they want to use in a trade for a big pitcher. But that may just be me.
    Well I think that in a case like Montero, the yanks could sell him off to a struggling AL team that needs a DH or a subpar catcher and get a decent return without hitting the FA market. With the kind of contracts they gave out recently they really wouldn't have another choice but go that route. No body heard about how good Ike Davis and Mejia were until they were actually at spring training competing for spots on the team. The mets farm is actually really quiet but there's talent down there.

  11. #3411
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,896
    BG Level
    10

    Jeff Suppan is finally cut, and Brewers fans everywhere rejoice.

    Worst signing in Brewers history - most expensive contract for a guy who couldn't keep his ERA under 5.

  12. #3412
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    No one watching the draft?

    Harold Reynolds dubbed Manny Machado as the best overall talent in the draft, derp. Gammons - not to be outdone - stated Harper was a lock for 500 homers.

  13. #3413
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    No one watching the draft?

    Harold Reynolds dubbed Manny Machado as the best overall talent in the draft, derp. Gammons - not to be outdone - stated Harper was a lock for 500 homers.
    inc Harper striking out a ton and either becoming Hamilton 2.0 or a total flop in general. He has the Gammons curse.

  14. #3414
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    I think he'll be real fucking good. That showcase he put in Tampa a few years back was ridiculous, kid can hit.

  15. #3415
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    what was that against anyway? coaches? showing how far he could hit the ball?

  16. #3416
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    It was a power showcase/hr derby type thing.


  17. #3417
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    so.. are you suggesting that he'll be 'fucking good' based on how far he can hit a baseball? with an aluminum bat? o.o

  18. #3418
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,284
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    If you look him up there's a lot written about his absurd baseball achievements. He's the baseball equivalent of a kid who skips 4 grades and goes on to graduate from Harvard at 18. Whether he invents the atomic bomb or the Snuggie is any guess after that.

  19. #3419
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Yeah, I agree. I guess I'm just already sick of the baseball hype. Then again, it seems like every 'big' name is a 'can't miss prospect' or something. Just gotta wait and see.

  20. #3420
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,662
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Can't miss is nothing new though. Todd Van Poppel says hi

Page 171 of 416 FirstFirst ... 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4567
    Last Post: 2011-11-01, 11:00
  2. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  3. 2009-2010 NBA Season, Lebron to Miami!
    By Dimmauk in forum Sports
    Replies: 3795
    Last Post: 2010-10-01, 17:40
  4. 2009 MLB season discussion*
    By fren. in forum Sports
    Replies: 7026
    Last Post: 2010-02-08, 14:00
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25