Page 190 of 416 FirstFirst ... 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 ... LastLast
Results 3781 to 3800 of 8310
  1. #3781
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Again I ask, what the fuck? Yeah I know they just played the Royals, but they also had series against the Twins, Dodgers, and Rays. 24-7 at home too. I mean jesus christ, I figured they'd be decent, but where did this come from? If Chipper could up his average by about 40 points, and we actually get a #5 pitcher that can win...

  2. #3782
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    I'm waiting for dusty to teach people to play small ball.

  3. #3783
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Again I ask, what the fuck? Yeah I know they just played the Royals, but they also had series against the Twins, Dodgers, and Rays. 24-7 at home too. I mean jesus christ, I figured they'd be decent, but where did this come from? If Chipper could up his average by about 40 points, and we actually get a #5 pitcher that can win...
    Hudson, Jurrjens, Hanson, Lowe, Medlen?

    I can't remember the last time we were playing this well.

  4. #3784
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    863
    BG Level
    5

    Probably when they were making a charge for a wild card in September then went on to lose 2 games to Florida and get swept by the Nationals to end the season? Or even more recently in April getting off to an 8-5 start proceeding to go on a 9 game losing streak. Oh how quickly things can turn around in this game of baseball.

  5. #3785
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Well.. I'm sure this isn't the real Braves, but if I say it's 'just a streak'.. they've been streaking pretty much since they snapped that losing streak. I dunno. I know the Phillies will come out of it when Rollins is back, but the Braves will still get a better SP added to the rotation (Jurrjens) and then if Chipper does actually hit.

  6. #3786
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    BG Level
    7

    You can't stop the mustache, sorry Halladay.

  7. #3787
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Well.. I'm sure this isn't the real Braves, but if I say it's 'just a streak'.. they've been streaking pretty much since they snapped that losing streak. I dunno. I know the Phillies will come out of it when Rollins is back, but the Braves will still get a better SP added to the rotation (Jurrjens) and then if Chipper does actually hit.
    The best part is Atl has a ton of home games the second half after having to put up with long road trips early on.

    The thing that worries me is that they struggle against left handers and they have 2 coming up against the White Sox. Not to mention they have to go through 2 lefties and Halladay also.

    Diaz should be back and always crushes lefties, so that's a plus. Not to mention their 3rd best pitcher(Jurrjens) has been out for a month.

    Atl's mlb stats:

    5th in runs per game
    7th in doubles per game
    6th in rbi's per game
    1st in walks per game
    3rd in on base %
    3rd in run differential
    6th in era

  8. #3788
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Billy Wagner deserves some love from you Atlanta guys too. 1.23 ERA, 17 hits in 29 IP, 43(!!) strikeouts, only 12 walks and 14 saves, 5-0. He's on pace for career bests in almost every pitching category.

    Then again, Billy always dominated the regular season and choked in big spots in NY, so we'll see.

    If they ever pulled the trigger on a trade and got another big righty bat at the deadline I think they could definitely contend for the NL east title. Their pitching is certainly good enough if everyone stays healthy and JJ comes back strong.

  9. #3789
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Braves payroll is $11 mil less than it was a year ago so i could definitely see them adding a player.

  10. #3790
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Billy Wagner deserves some love from you Atlanta guys too. 1.23 ERA, 17 hits in 29 IP, 43(!!) strikeouts, only 12 walks and 14 saves, 5-0. He's on pace for career bests in almost every pitching category.

    Then again, Billy always dominated the regular season and choked in big spots in NY, so we'll see.

    If they ever pulled the trigger on a trade and got another big righty bat at the deadline I think they could definitely contend for the NL east title. Their pitching is certainly good enough if everyone stays healthy and JJ comes back strong.
    With Jurrjens healthy we can contend for the NL East title as we are. I don't want Teixeira trade v2.0 happening.

  11. #3791
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Well I don't think you need someone of that caliber, but Melky and Glaus have been hot, Mccann has been doing well, and I'd be wary of those guys cooling off and then struggling at scoring runs again. I could see them going for maybe a Xavier Nady (the Cubs stink) or Marlon Byrd (Texas needs cash) or Ty Wiggington to try to add some depth to the lineup.

  12. #3792
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Well I don't think you need someone of that caliber, but Melky and Glaus have been hot, Mccann has been doing well, and I'd be wary of those guys cooling off and then struggling at scoring runs again. I could see them going for maybe a Xavier Nady (the Cubs stink) or Marlon Byrd (Texas needs cash) or Ty Wiggington to try to add some depth to the lineup.
    A "hot" Melky has been a ML average player, Glaus has been hot as far as RBI's but I think he can maintain a .270-.280 average with power. McCann still isn't playing like an all-star so I think he has plenty of room for improvement. All of the trade targets you mentioned would definitely make sense though.

  13. #3793
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Well I don't think you need someone of that caliber, but Melky and Glaus have been hot, Mccann has been doing well, and I'd be wary of those guys cooling off and then struggling at scoring runs again. I could see them going for maybe a Xavier Nady (the Cubs stink) or Marlon Byrd (Texas needs cash) or Ty Wiggington to try to add some depth to the lineup.
    ...what?

    There's a couple things wrong with this post.

    1) What does Marlon Byrd and Texas have to do with anything? Byrd plays for the Cubs this year. Plus, even if Texas did still have Byrd, there's no way they'd trade him when they lead the NL West.
    2) Pretty sure Nady hardly even plays for the Cubs as is, so not sure what Atlanta would want with him.
    3) McCann's been pretty bad for the most part of the year, and is just now semi-coming out of it, and you've got a guy like Chipper who's hitting like 30+ points below his career low average from last year, so if he ever gets hot, it'd make up for Melky for sure.

    You are right about Glaus, though. I don't see how he could keep up this record pace.

  14. #3794
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Er yeah, forgot Byrd plays for the Cubs now. Either way he'd be a good fit I think.

    And Nady didn't play much in the beginning of the year, but he's been playing more recently and doing rather well (.956 OPS in last month or so) and I thought he'd be a right handed bat that the Braves could use.

  15. #3795
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    According to some articles Atl is shopping Resop and are looking at a few Royals including DeJesus.

    Not what i had in mind but i don't want anything close to a Teixeira deal ever again. That deal set us back a few years and a lot of prospects.

  16. #3796
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    You are right about Glaus, though. I don't see how he could keep up this record pace.
    I don't understand. It isn't like is average is through the roof or he has had a bunch of multi-hit games of late. His RBI production will probably slow a tad just because of how crazy it has been, but this team leads the ML in OBP so he is going to have plenty of opportunities.

  17. #3797
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Yeah, he could I suppose, but I dunno. Streaking teams like this scares me. This road set will be a real test. You've got two fairly hot teams back to back in interleague, so we'll see.

  18. #3798
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Heyward hasn't been playing that well recently and Escobar still hasn't hit a homer this year. As crazy as it sounds, they could be a lot better.

    Everyone on the team likes each other and they all feel like this could be something special. What did i tell you about them being fine with a 20-20 start? They did this throughout their 14 year run.

  19. #3799
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Well let's be fair. We don't know what's 'good' and what's 'average' for Heyward just yet. He hasn't even had a half a season's worth of action yet. I know his numbers suggest his awesomeness (and I love Heyward a ton), but baseball's a fickle sport. You can be on top of the world one second and get booed the next.

    Escobar.. I think sometimes, he tries too hard to hit homers. Dude needs to go oppo more and get those doubles.

  20. #3800
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    I think Heyward will hit around .270 this year and maybe max out around .290 someday with a .400 plus OBP. The fact that I forgot to mention Yunel shows how bad he has been this year, would be great if he could return to form.

Page 190 of 416 FirstFirst ... 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4567
    Last Post: 2011-11-01, 11:00
  2. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  3. 2009-2010 NBA Season, Lebron to Miami!
    By Dimmauk in forum Sports
    Replies: 3795
    Last Post: 2010-10-01, 17:40
  4. 2009 MLB season discussion*
    By fren. in forum Sports
    Replies: 7026
    Last Post: 2010-02-08, 14:00
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25