Bautista took Hamels deep again. Other than that he's had a solid outing.
Bautista took Hamels deep again. Other than that he's had a solid outing.
So there it is.Originally Posted by Marty Noble
Anybody doing a fantasy league this year? And is there any interest in a BG Fantasy Baseball League? I'd like to find a league that's actually competitive for a whole season. Everytime I've done fantasy baseball in the past 3/4 of the league loses interest after May and then it becomes a bit boring.
http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueo...leagueId=36818
We have one going that's drafting later this month.
password is "wickedpissah" still need one more person
Ah damnit, league full?
Nvm, i'm in.
I am looking forward to Fantasy Baseball again this year. I do the league with some people I played Socom 1 with it, we did our draft early this year and then Joe Nathan went down, sucks for me.
Here is what I have this year:
C Mike Napoli (LAA - C)
1B Mark Teixeira (NYY - 1B)
2B Chase Utley (Phi - 2B)
3B Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B)
SS Asdrubal Cabrera (Cle - 2B,SS)
OF Grady Sizemore (Cle - OF)
OF Jayson Werth (Phi - OF)
OF Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)
Util Justin Morneau (Min - 1B)
SP Zack Greinke (KC - SP)
SP Jon Lester (Bos - SP)
RP Joe Nathan (Min - RP)
RP Huston Street (Col - RP)
P John Danks (CWS - SP)
P Matt Garza (TB - SP)
BN Adam Jones (Bal - OF)
BN Alfonso Soriano (ChC - OF)
BN Ian Stewart (Col - 2B,3B)
BN Miguel Montero (Ari - C)
BN Hiroki Kuroda (LAD - SP)
You people can have your batting practice power with Jason Heyward
I'll take the guy who's lead the minor leagues in home runs the past two years, both of which he was a teenager during. GW home run against the Mets in the 10th inning a few days ago, and now this blast yesterday off Wandy Rodriguez:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fICmb1-fWVc
(oh snap)
He's a good prospect no doubt, but you're not worried about his contact rate?
The difference is Heyward doesn't care/try to hit home runs. He's a line drive hitter that just happens to hit the ball 450ft on that line!
I'd take .300 and 30hr's over .250 and 40hr's. Honestly i'm bored to death with players hitting 50 hr's with an average under .300.
He's at worst Russell Branyan with good defense. Branyan's like the worst player to show 80 power as a teenager. And even then, Branyan stuck out 39% of the time when he was 19, spending the year in low A ball. Stanton struck out 26% of the time last year, mostly in AA and some A plus. And if Stanton stayed in A+ the entire season, his value to most people probably rise a lot (21% K rate in A+ -> 29% in AA).
Out of the top 3 hitting prospects (Montero, Heyward, Stanton), I'd say Heyward is the most valuable (his in-game power is being overrated, he probably maxes at 25-30 home runs, but he has very very good AVG/OBP skill set. Plus obscene defense in RF). Montero is probably the best mix of all offensive skills but his value is lowered a ton if he's a DH. And Stanton has the highest upside.
If I had a choice, I'd choose Heyward, but I'm well more than A-OK with Stanton and tired of the Heyward love in the thread.
I would be sick of the Heyward love too, kind of like how I got sick of the Montero love. Feel free to post all Mike Stanton stuff you want.
Reggie Abercrombie hit a 486 foot home run in Cincinatti a few years ago. Was an absolute blast. It's the third longest home run since hit tracker started tracking 2005. First is Adam Dunn at 501 in '08, second is Wladamir Balentin at 489 last year.
Abercrombie's in game power is still shit.
Ok, but Jason Heyward isn't Reggie Abercrombie. I could call Stanton's power "BP power," but that too would be stupid.
If Stanton is "at worst" Russell Branyan, that's pretty fucking bad. Heyward at worst is probably Willie Mays, at best Hank Aaron.
How bummed are we all gonna be when Heyward doesn't make the opening day roster for arbitration reasons?
I'm kind of expecting it a la Hanson so I won't feel too bad. Also him coming up mid-season could be a big boost to the team.
Stanton has done it in-game though (most home runs past two years). Heyward hits far to few fly balls to have elite in game power. Some people bring up things like "Pujols is a line drive hitter" but Pujols also hits a lot more flyballs. Hewyard's ability is his OBP. Heyward maxes at 25-30 HRs and is more likely in the low 20's. He likely does not become a power hitter (ISO north of .200).
Heyward probably has the worst bat of the three, his superior value comes from defense.