Page 224 of 416 FirstFirst ... 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 ... LastLast
Results 4461 to 4480 of 8310
  1. #4461
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    TBH I think this whole situation has the capacity to blow up in the Yanks' face. First off, I were Hughes, considering the start to the season, I'd take it very personal getting booted from the rotation. If the Yanks do go say a 6 man rotation, then their bullpen is going to be worse off than it is now, aside from mariano it's not impressive. Vazquez might also throw a shit fit if they even consider stuffing him in the bullpen as well. So again I think this was over aggressive even for the yanks.

  2. #4462
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Like I said earlier I can't see them doing this unless they have a deal or plan in place to get rid of one of the other starting pitchers. They're not moving Hughes into the bullpen, Joba has not been so terrible that they NEED to shift him there.

  3. #4463
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,284
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    If they trade Werth, especially for Vazquez, I won't be back to this thread until next season. If then. Their pitching has been a strength. Much stronger than anybody had expected even with Blanton struggling and Kyle Kendrick being Kyle Kendrick. They're not hitting. They haven't been hitting. And now with Polanco and Utley out for an extended period they're even deeper in a hole they dug for themselves. They'd be this fucked if they still had Cliff Lee because the team simply stopped hitting.

  4. #4464
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,229
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    The Yankees are about to get Lee and trade Vazquez for Werth, so good luck with that "doing the Rays a solid" thing.

    Also the leagues are imbalanced for a reason, obviously. If they balanced it there would be an uneven number of teams in both leagues, which would either force daily interleague games or 2 teams being off every day which would be a scheduling nightmare.
    Never understood a lot of baseballs methods, especially the whole "omg interleague play" thing. Its the same fucking sport. Baseball has always been retarded about handling their business though, so obviously its nothing new or shocking.

  5. #4465
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    Never understood a lot of baseballs methods, especially the whole "omg interleague play" thing. Its the same fucking sport. Baseball has always been retarded about handling their business though, so obviously its nothing new or shocking.
    I never said it made any sense, lol. Just explaining the reasoning behind it. If you think it's retarded, well, I'm sure a lot of people agree with you. I still love the sport, having the leagues be unbalanced really doesn't matter to me.

  6. #4466
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    If they trade Werth, especially for Vazquez, I won't be back to this thread until next season. If then. Their pitching has been a strength. Much stronger than anybody had expected even with Blanton struggling and Kyle Kendrick being Kyle Kendrick. They're not hitting. They haven't been hitting. And now with Polanco and Utley out for an extended period they're even deeper in a hole they dug for themselves. They'd be this fucked if they still had Cliff Lee because the team simply stopped hitting.
    I fell out of love with the Phillies this past offseason. Only way the front office can maybe bring me back is to get rid of Ibanez, bring up Brown, and fire Milt Thompson.

  7. #4467
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    After Cashman trades for Lee, he'll trade Javy to the Heat for Lebron. When Cashman stated Lebron would play in New York, he meant it.

  8. #4468
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Goddamn..I have no idea what to think of this. Montero is by far the best offensive prospect the Yanks have had since Jeter, he's outperformed Miguel Cabrer and Justin Upton in the minors..but he's most likely a DH and the Yanks aren't gonna have room.

    The thought of Cliff Lee and CC Sabathia heading this rotation though..

  9. #4469
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    I think it proves that the Yankees FO isn't as confident in the rotation as the fans are, either. AJ is so unpredictable, Andy is a 37 year old pitching at a rate that is unsustainable, and Hughes has limits. Guess they wanted to grab Lee before another team picked him up.

    Really curious how this will look when the dust settles though.

  10. #4470
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I think it proves that the Yankees FO isn't as confident in the rotation as the fans are, either. AJ is so unpredictable, Andy is a 37 year old pitching at a rate that is unsustainable, and Hughes has limits. Guess they wanted to grab Lee before another team picked him up.
    I say factor that in and preventing either the Rays or Sox from trading for him will all buy almost lock the division for them. Plus if they go to win the series this year with Lee, it will give them more leverage in getting Lee to stay and sign on with them once he hits FA. The FO might be more concerned in their chances in signing Lee come the off season so they wanted to jump the gun and take as much as they can towards the series this year. That being said, I think it's an unneccesary trade, given Javy's and AJs improvements lately.

    Most likely they'll trade Javy for a bat, since they're DH spot is still open and you got Johnsons reports basically not showing good news on that wrist of his.
    However Cashman really should focus on the bullpen, it's clearly one of the Yankees weaker links, at least imo.

  11. #4471
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by IssacVS View Post
    I say factor that in and preventing either the Rays or Sox from trading for him will all buy almost lock the division for them. Plus if they go to win the series this year with Lee, it will give them more leverage in getting Lee to stay and sign on with them once he hits FA. The FO might be more concerned in their chances in signing Lee come the off season so they wanted to jump the gun and take as much as they can towards the series this year. That being said, I think it's an unneccesary trade, given Javy's and AJs improvements lately.

    Most likely they'll trade Javy for a bat, since they're DH spot is still open and you got Johnsons reports basically not showing good news on that wrist of his.
    However Cashman really should focus on the bullpen, it's clearly one of the Yankees weaker links, at least imo.
    There have been points made that the window is closing on this Yankee core. Pettitte, Jeter, Posada, A-rod, Mo... these guys aren't young any more. Might as well win championships when you can I guess.

    And eh, what bullpen isn't weak? With Robertson, Marte, Joba and Mariano you can't get much better, I never like trading for bullpen arms since its so hit or miss. Vazquez on the trade market is a big deal, once Lee is gone he's the best SP left and cheap ($5m)

  12. #4472
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    I agree we really need some help in the pen, like I said to the prior to the season Cho Ho Park is not the answer...

  13. #4473
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    This trade will help the pen in October as Hughes will be shifted there. If Joba isn't sucking dick, that pen is gonna be really fucking good.

    Next year's draft is loaded, so signing Lee to an extension allows them to keep their picks.

    Edit: Gary Sanchez just hit another grand slam, 17 year old completely destroying the GCL.

  14. #4474
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Well, apparently the Ms are backing off the deal. Oh well.

  15. #4475
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    2:44pm: The Mariners are backing off, according to Sherman. The Yankees believe they are no longer in the Lee sweepstakes, as the M's have gone in another direction (all Twitter links). Sherman says 'the Yankees aren't getting Cliff Lee,' since another team has entered discussions aggressively.

    Makes you wonder now if the M's were using the Yanks as bait for a better package from the Twins, or possibly the reds.

  16. #4476
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Holy fuck that organization is fucking dumb. There isn't a single team out there that's gonna top Montero unless the the Angels throw in Trout for whatever godforsaken reason.

    Edit: Gonna laugh if Amaro is offering Brown

  17. #4477
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    Holy fuck that organization is fucking dumb. There isn't a single team out there that's gonna top Montero unless the the Angels throw in Trout for whatever godforsaken reason.
    Ramos is considered a better prospect I think at the same position. Might be more MLB ready than Montero in the Ms eyes.

  18. #4478
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    Ramos is considered a better prospect I think at the same position. Might be more MLB ready than Montero in the Ms eyes.
    Better catcher maybe, not a better hitter. Montero is as good a hitting prospect as you're gonna find this side of Stanton and Ike Davis.

    And yeah, I wanna know what someone else has offered that beats the the 3 guys the Yankees offered. Oh well, I can't go crazy as long as he doesn't go to the Red Sox or Rays.

  19. #4479
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,458
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Glad that deal didn't go through. Baseball would be just broken.

  20. #4480
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    Ramos is considered a better prospect I think at the same position. Might be more MLB ready than Montero in the Ms eyes.
    Montero is the best hitting catching prospect in the game, there is no contest. Ramos' abilities as an actual catcher (I don't know what they are) isn't gonna trump that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Better catcher maybe, not a better hitter. Montero is as good a hitting prospect as you're gonna find this side of Stanton and Ike Davis.

    And yeah, I wanna know what someone else has offered that beats the the 3 guys the Yankees offered. Oh well, I can't go crazy as long as he doesn't go to the Red Sox or Rays.
    They Rays need a bat, have you seen their offense? shit is terrible. I'm not really concerned about them, Reds should make the plunge, it'd make them a heavy favorite in the Central.

Page 224 of 416 FirstFirst ... 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4567
    Last Post: 2011-11-01, 11:00
  2. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  3. 2009-2010 NBA Season, Lebron to Miami!
    By Dimmauk in forum Sports
    Replies: 3795
    Last Post: 2010-10-01, 17:40
  4. 2009 MLB season discussion*
    By fren. in forum Sports
    Replies: 7026
    Last Post: 2010-02-08, 14:00
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25