Berkman out of the lineup; he's been mashing lately and they had yesterday off. He's probably NY bound.
Guzman to Texas is official. One of the players is AA pitcher Ryan Tatusko. Other player is another minor league pitcher.
Per Newberg:
Stings somewhat, but we still have our top guys in the system it appears. If one of them got shipped off, I'm sure it would've been reported by now.Tatusko has had a breakthrough season with the RoughRiders, going 9-2, 2.97 in 13 starts and 11 relief appearances, allowing just two home runs in 100 innings of work.
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with his LHP splits this year. He has a .559 OPS and only 64 at-bats? Do the Astros not face LHP as much or have they been benching him against lefties?
Also outside of MMP he's hitting .195/.357/.343... ouch. The Yankee lineup would help him, and I don't mind the addition as long as it's a salary dump.
He has a .850 OPS since June. His H/R splits are a victim of SSS, probably had more to do with his early season slump if anything. He's always mashed on the road.
Ed Wade is a fucking moron, but McClane pulled the trigger on the Oswalt deal, hoping for more of the same here.
btw is dusty managing the nationals?
I can't say I'm heartbroken about straugsburg
How soon before we can proclaim him to be Prior v2?
JeterSherman: Berkman to the Yankees is on the verge of completion
Grandy/Swish
Tex
ARod
Cano
Berkman
Posada
Swisher/Grandy
Gardner
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...e-berkman.html
Yeah.. and the rich get richer, Lol.
Berkman hasn't exactly been good this year, but probably an improvement over what the Yanks have gotten this year from their OF/DH situation. Also I give up on the Mets I think this year. Not even a move to secure a bullpen arm. So pathetic.
lol?
If you want a Overpaid/over the hill outfielder I'm sure the cubs would be willing to give you Soriano back as long as you pay his contract. Plus Soriano is having a better season.
Berkman probably DHing if anything.
Not a huge fan of this deal, but comparing Berkman's contract (7m + 2m buyout) to Soriano's (GDP of China) is like comparing apples to a moon-sized orange.
Please?
Crazy stat for the Phills.
40 games left against the NL east. 30 of them are on the road.