Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21
    :3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    653
    BG Level
    5

    I stuff all my wires in that space, cable management ftw!

  2. #22
    ▲
    ▲▲

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,801
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by viperlasson View Post
    I stuff all my wires in that space, cable management ftw!
    auxiliary psu or bust!

  3. #23
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by CoronA1979 View Post
    http://zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?Idx=207

    It does what it's supposed to do, nothing fancy. With so many fans in my system some are doubled up (ALL are controlled via the fan controller - even the 3 fans on my CPU heatsink). Also, I have the neon cathodes connected to the last toggle switch so I can easily kill those when I want instead of installing the shitty PCI cover on the back and having to reach back there everytime i wanna turn em on/off. If you want something with the temps etc readout then you're gonna have to step up to the LCD ones. Albeit the inside case temperatures shouldn't really matter.The only thing that should matter is the temps of your components in which case RealTemp and your GPU software is suffice and much better than what you would get by the temp sensors that come w/ fan controllers.


    My fans are either all idle or all full bore. I have an Antec 1200 with (counting....) 11 (13 counting the fans on the GPU's) fans. So, I only crank em up whenever I am actually doing something that will warm the system up as it is no doubt loud

    And wtf why won't my sig display - It shows the sig picture in my control panel >.>
    I'm thinking I'm gonna need to get a fan controller to control the heat/volume of the fans so I'm gonna read up on this one, looks pretty rad.

    Found this last night:

    http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/ac...rb_detail.html

    Seems to be a pretty nice drawer, as well. MSRP is like 8 bucks.

  4. #24
    The Tower
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    DVD-R/W drive and a vertical Scythe Kama bay with a Magma 120mm fan in it (3 slots).

  5. #25
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,222
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Can someone explain to me why you'd need a fan controller?

    Is it just an easy means of monitoring fan-speed/temperature, or do people actually fiddle with their fan speeds from time to time?

  6. #26
    ▲
    ▲▲

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,801
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I could see its use, but with current technology in the market for consumers. If you want to be a minimalist, you could have every fan plug into a custom board, and then just modify speeds via software. While this method may cost slightly more, I'd probably opt for it due to personal preference.

  7. #27
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    UPDATE!

    I went with one of these.... 2 bays down, 2 to go!

    http://www.antec.com/Detail.bok?no=676

    http://www.pureoverclock.com/images/...tec_sata_1.jpg

  8. #28
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    BG Level
    7

    I put 5.25 floppy drives in them...wtf else would you do with it?!

  9. #29
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    I put 5.25 floppy drives in them...wtf else would you do with it?!
    ok you win the thread.

  10. #30
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    806
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    I had a 5.25 Bay device which takes 4x 2.5" hard disks in a single slot that supported RAID and then ran 4x Intel x25-m SSD's in RAID0 which I had OS and Games on.

  11. #31
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by levish View Post
    I had a 5.25 Bay device which takes 4x 2.5" hard disks in a single slot that supported RAID and then ran 4x Intel x25-m SSD's in RAID0 which I had OS and Games on.
    holy shit dude, that's some money invested in harddrives :D. I have a single X25-M and it was expensive enough for right now heh

  12. #32
    Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,425
    BG Level
    6

    More 3.25" harddrives tbh

  13. #33
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by levish View Post
    I had a 5.25 Bay device which takes 4x 2.5" hard disks in a single slot that supported RAID and then ran 4x Intel x25-m SSD's in RAID0 which I had OS and Games on.
    Got a make and model for this? I'm looking to RAID two of those here real soon and don't feel like putting the SSDs into the normal hard drive spots.

  14. #34
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,304
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Only thing I'd put in one of my empty bays would be a media-card reader.

    Always annoying having to get my USB one out just to transfer a couple files. Don't really see a need for anything else as I'd prefer not to have the extra power drawn from the PC.
    This. My old PC had one of the bays taken up with one of these - didn't realize how useful it was until I had one, then until I didn't have it when I upgraded recently. Saves the endless "where the fuck did I put the USB cable for THAT" desk excavation when I need something off my phone/camera/MP3 player etc.

    Or like a bajillion other USB ports - I remember wondering how the hell I'd use up 2 of them... how naive I was.

  15. #35
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    356
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

  16. #36
    The Tower
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,160
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Cesaria View Post
    This. My old PC had one of the bays taken up with one of these - didn't realize how useful it was until I had one, then until I didn't have it when I upgraded recently. Saves the endless "where the fuck did I put the USB cable for THAT" desk excavation when I need something off my phone/camera/MP3 player etc.

    Or like a bajillion other USB ports - I remember wondering how the hell I'd use up 2 of them... how naive I was.
    I had an internal card reader in my last tower, but it seemed next to impossible to get one that had good reviews for it. I wound up just getting an external one for my new rig.

  17. #37
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    665
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/tw/product/EX-b.jpg
    Extra intake, i don't put hard drives in it.

  18. #38
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Went with this for bay #3. One more to go!

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811998076

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Reformatting - What do you put on right away?
    By Tormentormike in forum Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2008-07-08, 22:36