Page 164 of 393 FirstFirst ... 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast
Results 3261 to 3280 of 7849

Thread: NFL 2010 Offseason Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #3261
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    I can't see that being the case with all the shit he raised about being a bench player. I think tomorrow they are going to end up seriously considering it. While Tuck can play the inside, you still have JPP and Kiwanuka who can play and did play better than Osi. I dunno. I'd love to see Osi make a comeback but he just didn't seem the same player last year. He just didn't play physical.

  2. #3262
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,426
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    True dat. Retarded Broncos are Retarded.
    Yup.

  3. #3263
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    If an owner says he's not going to be traded, he's not going to be traded. Now I wish the Cowboys would pledge that TChoice won't be traded.

  4. #3264
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    I think the Panthers win... they didn't draft McCoy.
    stfu. That's still possible and I'll hold you responsible if it happens.

    Panthers would have been a good home for Osi with the loss of Pepp, but I guess he's staying put.

    E.Brown is gonna' have to man up this year I guess.

  5. #3265
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Nobody cares, but here's my round 1 winners.

    1. Lions. Do I even have to say anything? Suh was the best player in the draft by miles, no question. Best would have been a top 8~ish pick if not for a complete fluke injury that was actually a result of him being *too* ridiculously athletic.

    2. Colts. This is an indirect win. Hughes will be very good, but not great. However, he's theoretically "cheap," and he's more than good enough to let them move Freeney or Mathis in the future if they decided to. But what really makes it a win is that rotating him in will have the other 2 playing the best they ever have. And the likelihood of fortifying a position with the quality that a 100% Freeney at the top of his game provides, at the 31st spot? Yeah, pretty great pick.

    3. Seahawks, provisionally. The provision being, of course, that Okung pans out. I'd almost say they addressed their most glaring weaknesses... and then I look at, well, the entire rest of that terrible fucking team. Anyway, they have about 3 times as many worthwhile players now as they had yesterday, so gotta give em some credit.

    4. Chiefs. Not a lot to say here, whoever got him was going to be a score. There's a decent possibility he'll be the best player on the team his rookie year. I don't think there's a "surer" NFL impact player in the draft, even though a (very) few might have better upsides.

    5. Bucs. Yeah, I'd rather have gotten Suh, but the "real" bad scenario was the Rams showing some sign of intelligence (lol inorite) and not taking Bradford, particularly with a trade, and seeing Suh and McCoy both gone. The simple fact that one of the 2 stayed on the board was a HUGE win for us.



    This is, obviously, not considering anything people got in future pics and players in trades or anything, just raw who was drafted.

  6. #3266
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Fins got their 2nd round pick back and picked up the Big 10 defensive player of the year. Now they'll move Odrick to DE and rotate him with Merline, Starks, and Langford for a deep deep DE group.

  7. #3267
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Hmm, Carroll drafted Thomas over Mays. Does this speak more for Earl's awesomeness or Mays Roy Williamsness?

  8. #3268
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Both.

  9. #3269
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    So is every event's commercials that take place in NY gonna have Empire State of mind in it?

  10. #3270
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Yes.

  11. #3271
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    696
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    As a Chiefs fan there has been little to cheer about since.....well ever really. I guess they were a top 10 team in Tecmo Bowl.


    But I'm pretty pleased with Berry at 5. Okung made sense as it would have made them better at 2 positions by moving their tackle back to his natural guard. But I really do think Berry is the best player in the draft, albeit at a non premium position.

    I'd love to see them take Cody in round two. They pick fourth and the Rams, Vikings, and Bucs all play a 4-3 (I think), so he should be there for the taking. That would free up our two #1 picks from the last two years to play DT rather than have one of them over center ruining some of their potential. If Jackson and Dorsey can play up to the potential people thought they had once someone is in the middle occupying the double team, we are one speed rusher at OLB from having a pretty good defense.


    Having said all that, I'm sure there is a tight end or a nickel back that they will take.

  12. #3272
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I'm glad the Saints didn't get Mays but I was surprised with Robinson over kindle. Taylor Mays is being called another Roy Williams who can hit but can't cover worth a shit and I think whoever picks him up and puts him into a game against a veteran QB he's gonna get torched.

    Maybe Mays will go somewhere with a great defensive coodinator who can coach him up to cover better but i'm so glad we didn't pick him.

  13. #3273
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    The Falcons won round 1 with Weatherspoon. It was a tease to have Derrick Morgan fall so close to us but I didn't expect him to get past Tennessee.

  14. #3274
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,880
    BG Level
    10

    I don't think we "won" or anything (The Lions obviously won) but I'm very pleased with the Packers getting Bulaga at #23. Like Dez Bryant, we got a guy many had going in the top-10.

    It's a boring first round for Packer fans, but it worked out great. Only thing that sucks is all the top-tier CBs got sucked up at the end of the round, I was really hoping that one of them would at least be in "trade-up" range in the 2nd.

  15. #3275
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    883
    BG Level
    5

    I hope Tebow cracks the lineup in Denver as the starting QB, so Eric Berry can now destroy him twice a year. That is all.

  16. #3276
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246
    BG Level
    4

    Thank god I was at a noisy bar. ESPN barely took Tebow's cock out of their mouth to announce Arizona had actually made a pick. A little nervous about Dan Williams with Kindle & Hughes still on the board, but hopefully he makes the rest of the front 7 significantly better.

    And seriously, WTF at Al Davis FUCKING UP THE DRAFT EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!! He's gotta take Denver's guy, which allows them to eventually trade with the Eagles, who take Atlanta's lock, who then fucking grabs our boy Weatherspoon. He better have a fucking deal in place to ship Kirk Morrison somewhere otherwise it'll piss me off more that he's got 2 starting 3-4 ILBs and only 1 MLB slot for the damn 4-3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterxi View Post
    So now the Vikings have the second pick in the second round? They could probably still get Clausen there. I don't see how they can ignore the future, they have no one once far is gone.
    So you think a team that was only a few plays away from the Super Bowl, and lost a starting CB & LB to injuries that will carry over into this season should burn a draft pick on a guy who won't do a "built-to-win-now" team a lick of good?

    Sorry, but Clausen's got enough question marks that you CAN'T take him instead of a guy who should be starting or getting significant playing time on a playoff-caliber team. I see them trading back even further into the 2nd if they can find a partner to grab someone like Sean Lee now that most of the 1st tier corners are gone.

    The overriding question at our table, though, was: Does McDaniels even make it to the end of the season before getting fired?

  17. #3277
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,880
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyne View Post
    So you think a team that was only a few plays away from the Super Bowl, and lost a starting CB & LB to injuries that will carry over into this season should burn a draft pick on a guy who won't do a "built-to-win-now" team a lick of good?
    The Packers drafted an OT, despite resigning Clifton and Tauscher to 3 and 2 year deals respectively. They lost 2 CBs and a LB to injury that will carry over into this season (Al Harris, Will Blackmon and Aaron Kampman, who has since left in FA). They were a playoff team a play away from the 2nd round. Did they make a mistake in their drafting? No.

    Your reasoning is kinda ridiculous. Just say "the Vikings have Favre, Favre angry if Favre doesn't get a win-now guy" and we'll understand what you really mean.

  18. #3278
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    I dunno, it's easier for the Vikings to risk drafting someone that might be better than Favre in a year or 2 just cuz they have no attachment.

  19. #3279
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    The Packers drafted an OT, despite resigning Clifton and Tauscher to 3 and 2 year deals respectively. They lost 2 CBs and a LB to injury that will carry over into this season (Al Harris, Will Blackmon and Aaron Kampman, who has since left in FA). They were a playoff team a play away from the 2nd round. Did they make a mistake in their drafting? No.

    Your reasoning is kinda ridiculous. Just say "the Vikings have Favre, Favre angry if Favre doesn't get a win-now guy" and we'll understand what you really mean.
    LOL, you call my reasoning ridiculous?!?! Take your own advice and say: "I'm going to be butthurt for a decade because TT & Favre could no longer co-exist and the story-book retirement ending was tarnished." Rodgers is a good, possibly great QB. But he's not in Favre's league yet...unless you wanna count turning the ball over to lose a playoff game. Then they're peers.

    Your Packers example actually does more to prove my point; they can't rely on two old, injury-plagued tackles that were once extremely good, so they needed someone who can contribute this season. Bulaga will be playing significant minutes by the 2nd half of the season. It may not be at tackle, but he will contribute as a guard at the very least. And if (more likely WHEN) Clifton or Tauscher breaks down for a few games, he'll be plugged right in as a starting tackle. Anyone who watched a minute of Packers football last season knows that OT wasn't a luxury pick, it was their 2nd highest need behind CB.

    There's also this concept out there called "rotating linemen to keep them fresh". The Colts didn't "need" Hughes, but he will play a lot to give Freeney & Mathis a breather at times and make them that much more potent at the end of the game. He's not going to be a starter in that situation, but his involvement should represent a big boost to their pass rush.

    But you don't rotate QBs when you have an entrenched started. Clausen's contribution is 0 in 2010, something they can't afford when a guy like Jasper Brinkley just can't get it done in Henderson's abscence, Griffen is gone, and Winfield's cover skills are plastered on the side of milk carton. Maybe they'll take Clausen if they can't trade back any further, but I think it's far more likely that with the top-tier CBs gone, they'll look to drop down a bit more and grab Lee or Donald Butler to platoon or push Brinkley. For the Cardinals sake, I hope they do take Clausen, since I'm hoping they snag one of those 2 with their second, but as you say the "reasoning is kinda ridiculous."

    Favre is only part of the reason the Vikings are a "win-now" team. They have youth at their offensive skill positions, but a lot of their linemen on both sides of the ball are aging and, given the quality they represent, will be hard to replace immediately: McKinnie fell off a cliff in the 2nd half, and Williams, Pat is on his last legs. Plus, Childress is a fucking moron and there's no way he makes it to the end of his contract. Favre or not, in a few years, they'll be back drafting in the top 10.

    You can come back at me with some biased opinion if you want, but I'm actually trying to come at this from a unbiased position, despite my personal feelings: I fucking hate the Vikings! And the only thing I hate more than the Vikings is TT. But I do respect Favre and his slightly smaller ego, just as I respect the talent Rodgers has displayed. As painful as it is to admit, the Packers are actually my preseason pick to win the SB. I was at GB/AZ playoff game, and I have no doubt in my mind that they can steamroll any team in the league this season (barring major injury) now that they've adjusted to the 3-4.

  20. #3280
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyne View Post
    But you don't rotate QBs when you have an entrenched started. Clausen's contribution is 0 in 2010
    I will let Archi respond to the rest to troll the fuck out of you, but anyways. Who's to say Favre is coming back next year? I know it's likely, but really if they don't draft Clausen, they are back to where they were 2 years ago, with Tavaris, and they are not superbowl ready with him behind there. Clausen gives them a better QB and their future. You can't sit there and bank on some 40 year old guy not retire, you have to move as if what you have now, is what you'll have come september. And like you said, if they were 2 plays away from the superbowl, then why do they need anything, huh?

Page 164 of 393 FirstFirst ... 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5592
    Last Post: 2013-01-07, 10:39
  2. Replies: 5888
    Last Post: 2012-08-31, 01:57
  3. Replies: 2529
    Last Post: 2011-10-05, 07:14
  4. Replies: 6008
    Last Post: 2011-09-03, 11:38
  5. 2010 NHL Offseason Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 2426
    Last Post: 2010-09-20, 23:52
  6. Replies: 1390
    Last Post: 2009-12-16, 17:12
  7. Replies: 733
    Last Post: 2008-08-30, 00:10
  8. NFL Playoffs Thread
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 2007-01-22, 05:10