Page 245 of 393 FirstFirst ... 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 ... LastLast
Results 4881 to 4900 of 7849

Thread: NFL 2010 Offseason Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #4881
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    headspaces sentiments obviously.

    specialized kickers are wastes of roster spots. why the fuck would you need a specialized version for a position that's already fucking "special"

    are your scouts so horrible that they can't find a kicker that can kick field goals AND kick off? holy shit
    No shit they are, no one is arguing that it isn't. Are we watching the same league? Most of the kickers suck. They tried it for one year because Beuhler is really fucking good at kick offs, now they are training him to be a better place kicker, I don't see the big deal.

  2. #4882
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Seriously, drop the kick off specialist and add a fourth running back who might be able to actually gain yardage.
    o hoho, cmon heady gotta do better bro. Everything's been played out.

  3. #4883
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    There are a ton of backups on rosters that just play special teams, if Buehler just did kick offs I would agree he was a waste of a roster spot. But usually he is one of the first players to the ball after kickoffs and he's the one doing the kicking.

  4. #4884
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/20...rtdowneyjr.jpg

    Hey man, just because it's played out don't make it not true.

  5. #4885
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    seriously.

    edit. holy shit you cowboy fags are fucking quick
    lol it doesnt take long.

  6. #4886
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Roy, stop posting FG practice stats. As soon as I read that, my first thought was "this doesn't mean a damn thing."

    Then you tried to defend it and now I'm facepalming.

  7. #4887
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    lol

  8. #4888
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Sometimes I get too proud of my own work.

  9. #4889
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Hey remember last season when it was constantly reported that Romo and Stonehands were on the same page during OTAs and training camp? I mean, barely anything hit the ground.

    That sure spelled success when it mattered!

  10. #4890
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Roy, stop posting FG practice stats. As soon as I read that, my first thought was "this doesn't mean a damn thing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolver View Post
    Don't need a fg kicker who can kick further than 20 yards when you score touchdowns.
    This man knows what he is talking about.

  11. #4891
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Jerome Simpson made the catch of the day during OTAs.

    That should tell you everything

  12. #4892
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Roy, stop posting FG practice stats. As soon as I read that, my first thought was "this doesn't mean a damn thing."

    Then you tried to defend it and now I'm facepalming.
    How doesn't it mean a damn thing? If you say Marion Barber looked good in practice then I'd agree, but you know damn well it does mean something. Kicking doesn't change very much from game to practice, the only thing is whether you can keep nerves. Considering it's a large issue, I figured it was worth noting.

  13. #4893
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Wait wait...if our kicker looks good in practice that's one thing, but if Barber looks good that means nothing?

    Cool double standards.

  14. #4894
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Hey remember last season when it was constantly reported that Romo and Stonehands were on the same page during OTAs and training camp? I mean, barely anything hit the ground.

    That sure spelled success when it mattered!
    Stop playing into Headspace. You know you can't tangibly say anything about on the same page and the such.

  15. #4895
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Jerome Simpson made the catch of the day during OTAs.

    That should tell you everything
    lol

  16. #4896
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Wait wait...if our kicker looks good in practice that's one thing, but if Barber looks good that means nothing?

    Cool double standards.
    Did you read what I wrote right after that?

  17. #4897
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Shit, this reminds me of bloggers posting kicking stats from ND practices last season. Problem was, gametime came and the fuckers couldn't hit the broad side of a fucking barn.

    inb4 Headspace and a ND comment

  18. #4898
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    385
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Only time Barber looks good is when being compared to Laurence Maroney using mugshots.

  19. #4899
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    So Stiker how would you feel about the kicker situation if he missed all of his FGs, including 2 20 yarders?

  20. #4900
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Would you say oh, it's not in the game, he can do it in the game!

Page 245 of 393 FirstFirst ... 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 295 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5592
    Last Post: 2013-01-07, 10:39
  2. Replies: 5888
    Last Post: 2012-08-31, 01:57
  3. Replies: 2529
    Last Post: 2011-10-05, 07:14
  4. Replies: 6008
    Last Post: 2011-09-03, 11:38
  5. 2010 NHL Offseason Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 2426
    Last Post: 2010-09-20, 23:52
  6. Replies: 1390
    Last Post: 2009-12-16, 17:12
  7. Replies: 733
    Last Post: 2008-08-30, 00:10
  8. NFL Playoffs Thread
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 535
    Last Post: 2007-01-22, 05:10