Going to be a tough season for the pack indeed.
Going to be a tough season for the pack indeed.
Yeah.... Arizona traded away their team.
In Leeroy's defense, our November stats are pretty damn impressive the past couple of years.
Spoiler: show
If you wanna pick a diff 5 game stretch goes something like this:
@GNB
@NYG
vs. Lions (lol)
vs. NO
@IND
You guys make tommygunz look like a good poster.
A lot of defense questions all over the division, with a fair amount riding on how much the running games can help out the QBs. I think the trend of any team being able to win this division continues (I don't think worst to first will happen yet again...anything is clearly possible though).
Saints: Running game and defense (with all the turnovers forced) overachieved in 09, but both can continue to ride the coattails of the passing game. Obviously they can win it all though.
Atl: Can make a solid push again if the defense can pick up that pass defense and the running game steps up like they did in 08 and helps out the pass. Think more of the burden will still need to be taken on by Ryan though, he wont get bailed out like in his rookie year.
Carolina: I think they finish bottom of the division with issues on defense that can't be covered up as much as previous years by a great running game. If RBs falter much, things could get nasty on both sides of the ball though. Moore could definitely surprise people though, I won't count him out.
Bucs: I'm waiting for the potential 3-headed monster of Graham, Williams, and Ward at RB to do what they should be doing. Graham needs more time as a physical RB he is, we'll see how that goes though. Defense will be better with increased talent in the middle, theres no way the run defense can get any worse. Huge question marks at WR, although there is potential it is tough for rookie WRs to step up. I think they should sign TO, although maybe he doesn't want to play there. Freeman cuts down on the INTs in the endzone along with a little bit of the ball bouncing the right way and this team gets close to .500.
When you're trying to make a point sometimes you gotta throw some heat.
Eh, I don't see them as a SB team this year honestly, and it's because of that defense. I don't see them being able to get as many turnovers and pic-6s as they did last year.
Hurts to say this, but I like ATl a lot this year. Tony G is going to put up a lot more TDs this year. He had about 7-8 that he was interfered with last year, not all of which were called (had him on my FF team, so I paid attention, lol). iirc he had more red zone targets than any other TE. Turner cut that extra wait and has been looking fantastic. Those are the two biggest keys to their offense now. Ryan is going to continue to make improvements this year as well. They're a solid team.
Moore/Pickle will play better than Jake regardless of who starts, so we have no where but up to go with QB play. Peppers loss does hurt, but E.Brown and G.Hardy combined can help make up for a lot of what we lost in the pass rush (Hardy has been looking fantastic). Davis going down hurts, but not bad. We were extremely deep in LBs. Now, Beason is going OLB, and he'll be able to cause all kinds of havoc. MLB we scooped up Anderson, Dan Connor can be beastly in there, not to mention we have our newbie, Eric Norwood, one of the most decorated defensive players in SEC history. Add LaFell and Edwards in the mix with Stew and DWill returning healthy, I like our chances.
lolbucs. That is all.
I'm still concerned about our ability to stop the run though. DTs gonna' have to really step it up this year. I hate not having the wall that is Kemo in there anymore.
Stopping the run is key in this division too.
The South has the potential to be one of the toughest divisions in the NFC this year. If the Bucs can crawl out of their funk, it has the potential to be one of the toughest in the NFL. I almost forget their in the division sometimes though.
I have insanely high hopes for Norwood. Probably too high.
Nah. CAR does it's homework. iirc we have the best track record in the NFL since 2000 with building from the draft. It's tough to be that boss in the SEC too. He'll need time to adjust to the speed of the NFL, but I see nothing but great things on the horizon. Think Beason/Davis/Norwood. Wish they'd start mixing in some 3-4 set ups this year.