That's fantastic
That's fantastic
Shit, Marino only threw like 58% in college. He fucking sucked, didn't he?
Josh Huepel was pretty dope too.
Curtis Painter is pretty dope too.
So what you're saying is that there can't be something blocking your taking over as starter?
Cause yeah Aaron Rodgers didn't just sit around for 3 years behind a HoFer.
McNabb was in his prime the past 3 years, you're trying to tell me that he should have beaten out a guy who they were committed to long term as their QB to go with a relative unknown? Andy Reid likes his project QBs (mike kafka for this year) and Vick will never be a (quality) starting QB in the league unless someone gets really really desperate.
Where am I saying that McNabb sucked? Last I checked I didn't, I said that I expect the numbers for the receivers to improve, YAC, YPR, Comp%.
It's an entirely different switch of systems, even though people called what the Eagles ran a WCO, it really wasn't. McNabb couldn't hit the short passes with any consistency, hence why the Eagles were so "explosive".
Also Marino was a 58% passer in college and was a 59% comp. passer in the pros. Another QB to back me up.
Eric Berry gunna get in that ass this year.
So what you're saying is that my first two points are valid?
I'll give you any of the points you want on the third one since it's pretty much a moot point.
If only box scores and w-l records told the whole story.
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...-week-2-vs-new"So what? One of those games was against the Chiefs' terrible defense, and in the other game, he only racked up a lot of yardage because the Saints were playing a prevent defense. He's a turnover machine."
Truth is, a lot of people making the above arguments didn't even see both games that Kevin Kolb started, and are basing their entire judgment of Kolb on a couple box scores. Others that have seen him play have blurry memories, since... well... we haven't seen him play in over 7 months.
So let's just cut through all the BS, and simply watch all 85 passes he threw in his first 2 starts. I compiled every pass Kolb threw in his 2 starts, and separated them by drives. We'll do the Saints game first, and I'll get to the Chiefs game a little later this week. Let's get right to it after the jump...
Pretty decent breakdown of the plays.
I'm implying that they're different QBs, with different strengths. I don't think we'll see Kolb overthrowing Desean Jackson on a 50yd bomb (like #5 did a few times last year) but I don't think his numbers will be all that different in the end, aside from comp. %, YAC, and YPR.
What I think it will do in the long term is make the team as a whole better, because they'll have sustainable drives and consistency.
What the fuck am I reading?