Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 156

Thread: Super Mario Galaxy 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #121
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Idk tbh, I had the game beat before I actually saw one, and the couple of times I ran back to a level he went to a pipe with a minigame, a hidden star off a ledge, and a trapped secret coin.

    Btw green stars = easy with sound on.

  2. #122
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,213
    BG Level
    6

    Is it just me, or did they seriously buff the backflip? Feels like its faster and goes higher than it did in the first one.

  3. #123
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    yeah fuck that. no game can beat OoT.
    Maybe it's just me, but I liked LttP more than OoT. Don't get me wrong OoT was solid but just felt so damn easy since shields could block almost anything.

    Anyway, how much SM64 did they put into this? I seen enemies from SM64 and levels from it, anything else?

  4. #124
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    yeah fuck that. no game can beat OoT.
    There are more than several dozens of games which "beat" OoT.

  5. #125
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,106
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvnpWMxsc2g

    I can't get over how good this game's soundtrack is.

  6. #126
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Thulius View Post
    [

    I can't get over how good this game's soundtrack is.
    For real. There is the good old track for nostalgia, mixed with some epic sweetness. Last boss track is by far the best though.

  7. #127
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Changing my mind about Galaxy 2, it's better than the first one. Green stars are freaking awesome, and addressed my biggest complaint about Galaxy series (linearity and lack of exploration). I'm having a blast exploring places I wouldn't have found otherwise and finding shortcut that allow you to skip huge part of a stage. I find these stars much more rewarding than the normal one.

    That said I really wish they would throw away the 1up and replace them with token or coins...something actually rewarding. It feels like there is so many places that are hidden, but no one is ever going to see because nobody cares about 1up.


    Also, fuck the unskippable intro...it's retarded that I have to go through all of them again just because they count as new star. It was painful enough to first time.


    [edit]
    The best shortcut I found is in the first stage with Cloud mario. If you go on top of the tree and shout yourself on the cloud with 40 coins (near the little star that ask you 100coins), you can long jump to the end of the stage using 2 clouds (you skip like 2 planets.

  8. #128
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,213
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Also, fuck the unskippable intro...it's retarded that I have to go through all of them again just because they count as new star. It was painful enough to first time.
    You don't have to pick separate green stars in order to get them all. You can keep picking the first one and get all the later ones, so you can skip the intro.

  9. #129
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Parshias View Post
    You don't have to pick separate green stars in order to get them all. You can keep picking the first one and get all the later ones, so you can skip the intro.
    It's true, but in a few cases, the path split depending which star you picked, and since I dont want to risk wasting my time for a star that is on another planet, I ended up taking the new one (unless I accidently hit the 2nd/3rd star first).



    Another thing that make me rage is the first person view. Why are they preventing me to use it 3/4 of the time for no apparent reason.

  10. #130
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    242 stars, done and done, ugh at the last star.
    Finished in 31hrs, and lol @ final reward. At least you get a nifty title.

    Btw, playing the game with Luigi makes this game play totally differently compared with Mario. He's only slightly difference, but enough to make it different.

  11. #131
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Just started today, and not that this is surprising or a bad thing, but this really just feels like an extension of the first game. I'm not quite sure it deserves the extremely high reviews it is getting, since it doesn't do much new over the first game, but I still am enjoying it. Hoping I can finish before the weekend ends.

  12. #132
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Just started today, and not that this is surprising or a bad thing, but this really just feels like an extension of the first game. I'm not quite sure it deserves the extremely high reviews it is getting, since it doesn't do much new over the first game, but I still am enjoying it. Hoping I can finish before the weekend ends.
    Yeah, I felt the same about it. The only real difference imo is the larger quantity of content. Green stars (and coin) add a nice touch to the game.

  13. #133
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,213
    BG Level
    6

    I always love when speed runners start breaking the games wide open like this:


  14. #134
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Some of those shortcuts were intentional. The one at 1:30 for instance actually has a coin at each of the corners of that massive area he backflipped onto. Discovered that area for myself and kinda giggled at it since it's a large timesaver.

  15. #135
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,213
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Some of those shortcuts were intentional. The one at 1:30 for instance actually has a coin at each of the corners of that massive area he backflipped onto. Discovered that area for myself and kinda giggled at it since it's a large timesaver.
    Oh, I don't doubt that lots of things were probably intentional. The developers know what you can do with their stuff, so for the most part they can block you from screwing around if they really want to. Like how in that one galaxy with the darkened maze, the walls look low, but you can't actually wall jump off any of them so you can't get over the wall and have to do the maze the normal way.

  16. #136
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    The one in castle bowser were sweet.

  17. #137
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I could never get the yoshi glitch to work for me.

  18. #138
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    241 stars. The final stage is fucking awesome. They need to make a mario game where every stage are like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    I could never get the yoshi glitch to work for me.
    How did you get 2nd green star in bowser's castle? I had to use that glitch to reach it.

    If you're trying to do it, make sure yoshi is in movement. I could never do it without moving (I spent the first 15min trying to do it without moving and it never worked) .

  19. #139
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    241 stars. The final stage is fucking awesome. They need to make a mario game where every stage are like this.
    I can't believe how long it is taking me to get the 242nd star, don't think I've ever had to do something that feels so impossible before. I'm most likely rushing and making stupid mistakes, but it is a bad habit of mine. =(

    But, yes, I am greatly enjoying it, even if it is killing me over and over again.

  20. #140
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I can't believe how long it is taking me to get the 242nd star, don't think I've ever had to do something that feels so impossible before. I'm most likely rushing and making stupid mistakes, but it is a bad habit of mine. =(

    But, yes, I am greatly enjoying it, even if it is killing me over and over again.
    On my first attempt, I died to the last hammer bro right before the end the 3 boomerang guys. It's not even hard to dodge, I just choked and spinned waaay too early. Most attempts after ended at machine that make giant circle laser. I don't know what's so hard about them, but they fuck me up pretty bad.

    Anyway, it's really fun to die to actual platforming. A few stages killed me a lot, but it was usually because of shitty camera forcing me to make leap of faith to grab a green stars.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Super Mario World
    By HEKTakun in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2008-10-02, 18:45