Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 415
  1. #241
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    SugarHill Gang. Man they rap for like 20 minutes.

  2. #242
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske View Post
    Perfect example of what Mos Def can do. Flow, lyrics, everything. May not be everyone's taste, but imo one of the best tracks overall, period.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycJ5m5Mt9JE
    Most favoritest Mos Def song eva. I remember when BET would have rappers come on and play their top 20 songs of all time. This would definitely be in my top 10.

  3. #243
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iPMvGnE2DY

    I love this song, 'Ye rips it and mentions Big so I figured it'd be relevant.

  4. #244
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkGd20_CRWw
    If you appreciate somebody then go 'head tell em'
    cuz no one gets their flowers while they can still smell em'

  5. #245
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,659
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    was only scrollin' but whoever posted that big L shit gets my respect

    seriously, if you can chill with him and get his vibes, i have no problem respecting you as someone who has hip hop in their veins. yo mtv raps is ftw too, but i cant find his shit on there. redman had some great freestyles on that shit though


    muddy watters will always be up there with the legendary shit

  6. #246
    A. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,167
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    So my mom bought me my first rap album when i was 13 . Eminem Slim shady LP... my mom sure made a huge judgment error on buying me this cd.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEAeLdEjtgg
    sticks in my head as best hook ever.

    "So when you see me on your block with two glocks
    Screaming Fuck the World like Tupac
    I JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK!"

    Somebody let me out this limousine
    I'm a caged demon, on stage screamin like Rage Against the Machine
    I'm convinced I'm a fiend, shootin up while this record is spinnin
    Clinically brain dead, I don't need a second opinion
    Fuck droppin the jewel, I'm flippin the sacred treasure
    I'll bite your motherfuckin style, just to make it fresher
    I can't take the pressure, I'm sick of bitches
    Sick of naggin bosses bitchin while I'm washin dishes

    shit makes me crunk every time i hear it

  7. #247
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    C'mon son. Why not just name drop Milkbone and MC Search while you're at it?

  8. #248
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    I like m n m, best song creep done in muse style.

  9. #249
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I like m n m, best song creep done in muse style.
    pro

  10. #250
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    i would like to point out that right now there is a not a better song out than Steady Mobbin, and that shit came out in like summer 09

  11. #251
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    992
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    C'mon son. Why not just name drop Milkbone and MC Search while you're at it?
    Finally someone who understands me.

  12. #252
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    821
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    This is what I thought of this morning but didn't have time to post it:

    http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...bertGoulet.jpg

    On topic, while I don't listen to very much rap at all, I think it is a very underrated art/music form. A lot of people who don't like it don't even try to respect it, and a lot of those who are surrounded by it don't see the significance of the messages. I like a lot of older rap groups because of the social messages that they aren't afraid to convey.. much like the metal groups that I like. I just find a lot of the stuff from the late 90s turned me off since it was all glamour, no guts. I have a lot of respect for people who can truly 'keep it real'.

  13. #253
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,229
    BG Level
    7

    So I got fed up with most of this "hip hop/rap" shit that is coming out these days and turned on some Pandora. I am curious what you guys think of groups like :

    Atmosphere
    Binary Star
    Eyedea & Abilities
    Jurassic 5
    Brother Ali

    among others. I really like all 5 of the above as far as stuff that is new to me.

    Also agreeing with the people that give Mos Def some love...just wish the fucker would go back to doing what he does best. Fuck this acting shit. Kinda surprised there isn't more love for Snoop in here, although I was always more a fan of the smoothness of his voice than the rhymes he was busting out. Guess it just depends what you are looking for though.

    Edit: Oh, and can someone explain to me why the hell Lil Wayne is so famous? I just don't get it. He is not a great rapper, his voice is damn near impossible to understand, and for music just to dance in clubs to...his shit is terrible compared to others out there. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or something.

  14. #254
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Currently, Wayne is more famous/popular only because of Drake imo. His shit started going down hill then Drake showed up. Only 2 people I like from Young Money and that's Nikki Minaj (only because I think he voice is oddly sexy) and Tyga. But yeah I have no idea why he's so popular, probably because all he does is scream "fuck deese niggas."

  15. #255
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Currently, Wayne is more famous/popular only because of Drake imo. His shit started going down hill then Drake showed up. Only 2 people I like from Young Money and that's Nikki Minaj (only because I think he voice is oddly sexy) and Tyga. But yeah I have no idea why he's so popular, probably because all he does is scream "fuck deese niggas."
    Wayne's been around and blowing up far before Drake was even on the scene.
    He's slowly been on the rise since the 90s.

    (His songs were actually fun to listen to back then though.)

  16. #256
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I don't know, just to me he seemed to drop off the radar recently. I mean for a while he was on everything left and right ruining shit, but now it's drake's turn. I liked it when T-Pain did his stint as a featured artist.

  17. #257
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Wayne's been around and blowing up far before Drake was even on the scene.
    He's slowly been on the rise since the 90s.

    (His songs were actually fun to listen to back then though.)
    Right on the fucking money. The only time Wayne was good and not over-saturated and mumbling all over the damn place was when he was with the Hotboys. I did like his "The block is hot" venture though. After that record and Cash Money dissolved to just him and Baby, he's been exclusive shit tier. Even when he was with the Hotboys he was still behind Juve and BG as far as talent goes, his fame now is a product of finding a new niche (White teens that have no clue who the Hotboys is/are) and smashing that shit to death. He went out and got the skull belt and wallet chain and went all rock and shit, those people eat that shit up.

    I cant hate on him for that though, but if anyone out here this this Lil Wayne can fuck with 90's Lil Wayne they lol @ them.

  18. #258
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    125
    BG Level
    3

    On Mos def topic, this is my favorite mos def song. prolly in my top 10 or 15 of hip hop songs ever.

  19. #259
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Miz, what do you think about the up and coming rappers, which do you think has potential?

  20. #260
    Daniel Rand
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,142
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I like J. Cole a lot, I think he he has potential to be the next big thing after Drake

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who is the Greatest/Most Dominant Athlete of All Time?
    By Andarvi in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 274
    Last Post: 2009-04-15, 20:48
  2. Greatest Joke of all Time NSFW (Bad words/No Pic)
    By GraveRobberX in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2006-08-01, 15:04
  3. The greatest cause of all the world's troubles
    By joft in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-11-07, 11:56
  4. The greatest conspiracy of all time
    By joft in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2005-09-19, 16:33