Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 415
  1. #21
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Please Ksandra. No.
    Just leave this thread alone.

  2. #22
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Chezo View Post
    seriously, people really don't know shit about rap/hip-hop anymore
    I grew up on Wu Tang and KRS One, a good dose of Rakim etc, I love me some Nas, Tupac had a lot of heart but he kinda wasn't my thing

    I'm not basing Eminem on popularity or album sales or videos, but moreso "talent, not marketing and promotion" to quote KRS One

    Eminem has consistently laid down more wow-moments (for me) than anyone else, and for this he is my number one


    If you want to go way back to Doug E Fresh and Big Daddy Kane, then hey it's all good, but old != good automatically either

  3. #23
    I Have The Clap Again
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,847
    BG Level
    8

    Eminem is definitely in the top 5 of all time, maybe top 3

  4. #24
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Ratatat + Biggie = fucking awesome
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-gvIeNWAPo

    I remember when biggie got shot there was chicks crying at school and i live in fucking Vancouver, BC.

  5. #25
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    If you want to go Album by album, Pac shits all over Em. Eminem has 2 maybe 3 albums that i'd consider greatness, and even then I still don't think they have ANYTHING on "Me against the World" or "all eyez on me". that shit is rap gospel

    If you want to say Em is the best alive then you might have an argument, but I don't even think he's in the same level much less the same room as Pac/Big.

    Also think you have to include Jay somewhere in this discussion, oh and old Nas too

  6. #26
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I like BIG and Em. I just wish BIG had more Material like 2pac does :/, i've listened to it all over and over and over for years

  7. #27
    I Have The Clap Again
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,847
    BG Level
    8

    Ya because he died after what? 2 albums ?

  8. #28
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,444
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Jay-Z? nah I only enjoyed the Black Album and Nas is king of N.Y for a reason...there one rapper who died way too early who would've become big as Biggy and 2pac is Big L..

  9. #29
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    273
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    I grew up on Wu Tang and KRS One, a good dose of Rakim etc, I love me some Nas, Tupac had a lot of heart but he kinda wasn't my thing

    I'm not basing Eminem on popularity or album sales or videos, but moreso "talent, not marketing and promotion" to quote KRS One

    Eminem has consistently laid down more wow-moments (for me) than anyone else, and for this he is my number one


    If you want to go way back to Doug E Fresh and Big Daddy Kane, then hey it's all good, but old != good automatically either
    Not saying Eminem is bad in any way, he is a really good at what he does, and yea some of his versus show real talent in rapping and his delivery is always solid. Guess I miss judged you thinking you were one of the people who rate Eminem as number one because that's all they know about the rap game.

  10. #30
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Delivery/Rawness I would give to Eminem
    Flow to Big
    Concepts to Jay (only person that really grew with his music)
    and Lyricism to Pac

    Bestest? idk

    Still think Big L, Busta, Nas, KRS, Slick Rick (idc what u say he's good), Big Pun, Meth/Red, and Lupe if he stays consistent are all up there on my list too.

  11. #31
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko View Post
    Jay-Z? nah I only enjoyed the Black Album and Nas is king of N.Y for a reason...there one rapper who died way too early who would've become big as Biggy and 2pac is Big L..
    Reasonable doubt? blueprint 2? hello?

    2nd half of your post is the truth though

  12. #32

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,355
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    There's a lot of great rappers, you're forgetting about KRS1, Jadakiss, Rakim, Talib Kwali, and the list goes on. Eminem is definitely a top tier rapper but you can't forget the legends before him. New rap sucks, shit like g-unit and all this soulja boy garbage is what turned me away from it all.

  13. #33
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,008
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Um.

    I thought this was going to be about that wannabe piece of shit four foot felon Lil Wayne having to go to a jail for a year. I was pre-emptively lulzing, but it seems people here aren't THAT sad. Real rap died when Eminem came on the scene. NWA, Tupac, thats what was good. Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, Ja Rule, TI, they're all fucking pathetic jokes.

  14. #34
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    I like TI, could care less about the others you mentioned, especially Lil Wayne

  15. #35
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    TI isn't horrible. He has a nice flow but if he were around in the 90's he'd just be another guy.

  16. #36

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,355
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Not gonna lie, I really enjoy David Banner, and Manny Fresh's beats.

  17. #37
    I Have The Clap Again
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,847
    BG Level
    8

    TI is the best out of the list you mentioned.

    Easy-E is one of the best also.

  18. #38
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,008
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Respectable rap died when marketability became the primary focus of rappers. TI made a show about him going to jail on a station who's primary demographic is 13-19 year old white kids. I can't respect that.

  19. #39
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    I like me some T-Mix beats, Mannie Fresh has some good ones too. Really the beats/producer is more important than the actual rapper these days cause everyone is pretty normal. TI has a nice flow like Deejay said so he is easy to listen to.

  20. #40
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Respectable rap died when marketability became the primary focus of rappers. TI made a show about him going to jail on a station who's primary demographic is 13-19 year old white kids. I can't respect that.
    That's understandable, I don't really care about the outside shit other than the music though.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who is the Greatest/Most Dominant Athlete of All Time?
    By Andarvi in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 274
    Last Post: 2009-04-15, 20:48
  2. Greatest Joke of all Time NSFW (Bad words/No Pic)
    By GraveRobberX in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2006-08-01, 15:04
  3. The greatest cause of all the world's troubles
    By joft in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-11-07, 11:56
  4. The greatest conspiracy of all time
    By joft in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2005-09-19, 16:33