Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 415
  1. #41
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Respectable rap died when marketability became the primary focus of rappers.
    Uh then I guess it died at NWA. The group practically broke over marketing disputes

    edit. I know what you mean though. just sayin'

  2. #42
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,010
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    This is where its at. People wanna roar in their pussy 2006-2010 Mustangs (lawlz) with new rap blasting like their car or their taste in music is impressive. Roll through the main street with this blasting from a piece of shit 1993 rusty white sedan, that turns heads. Still.

    NVM Youtube tags didnt work.

  3. #43
    I Have The Clap Again
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,847
    BG Level
    8

    Rap died in 91

  4. #44

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,355
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    Rap died in 91
    Idk, pun was nice too.

  5. #45
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Delivery/Rawness I would give to Eminem
    Flow to Big
    Concepts to Jay (only person that really grew with his music)
    and Lyricism to Pac

    Bestest? idk

    Still think Big L, Busta, Nas, KRS, Slick Rick (idc what u say he's good), Big Pun, Meth/Red, and Lupe if he stays consistent are all up there on my list too.
    see this is the road I come to when I am pressed to say 'best'

    I eventually break it down to

    best storyteller (biggie)
    most heart (ghostface)
    most passion (tupac)
    most words rhymed in a row without sounding retarded: (busta)
    most charismatic (snoop)

    it goes on and on, so many categories and to say any one of them is better.. it's more accurate to say one is better at x aspect than others

    rapping in paragraphs is just so impressive to me, a lot of verses end up saying I'm blah like So-and-So and they throw in names that rhyme or are a joke or diss, but eminem just goes on and on and it makes sense, as well as the added irony of all his lyrics


    also I can't really seem to truly get into Jay-Z, no idea why but beats aside his rap bores me

    inb4 youtubes trying to prove me wrong:\

  6. #46
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    Rap died in 91
    semantics, and then gansta rap got big and hip hop was coined/born

  7. #47
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    TI is the best out of the list you mentioned.

    Easy-E is one of the best also.
    hoh man, Sorry Louie is probably one of the best rap songs ever haha

  8. #48
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    That's the thing with Jay Z. People either REALLY love him or are REALLY bored by him. It's really weird. It's not really a Love/Hate thing with Jay. It's more like a Love/Zzzzz thing. You either love him or you simply don't care much for him.

    I personally think he spits truth.

    And OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT ANDRE 3K
    edit: oh and mos def too wtf is wrong with me

  9. #49
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    372
    BG Level
    4

    What about best freestyles?

    Ever hear Em's "Keepin it Raw"? that's fuckin genius.

  10. #50
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by EckoGecko View Post
    What about best freestyles?

    Ever hear Em's "Keepin it Raw"? that's fuckin genius.
    was that the one off the BET awards or something?

    my roomate showed me a vid with him and quite a few other big names and he KILLED it and everyone there knew it


    there were myabe 9-12 guys and a couple dudes did verses then Eminem came on and it was a whole other league, I wish I could remember a line from it to confirm it's the same one or not

  11. #51
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Best freestyle ever. If you don't have Biggie/Tupac's verses memorized then you are not a true rap fan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4dlxIs2r2U
    bonus points if you can recite Big L's portion without screwing up

  12. #52
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    372
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    was that the one off the BET awards or something?

    my roomate showed me a vid with him and quite a few other big names and he KILLED it and everyone there knew it


    there were myabe 9-12 guys and a couple dudes did verses then Eminem came on and it was a whole other league, I wish I could remember a line from it to confirm it's the same one or not
    Nah that was the Cypher session they had. That was also good but this was old Em way back when he was first coming up I believe. It's savage.

  13. #53
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    was that the one off the BET awards or something?

    my roomate showed me a vid with him and quite a few other big names and he KILLED it and everyone there knew it


    there were myabe 9-12 guys and a couple dudes did verses then Eminem came on and it was a whole other league, I wish I could remember a line from it to confirm it's the same one or not
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaV00sP-9w0
    and yeah em killed it

  14. #54
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    620
    BG Level
    5
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

    First thing I thought of when seeing this thread title:

    http://img.youtube.com/vi/Z9lg6HqJeY0/0.jpg

  15. #55
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,240
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    First thing I thought of when seeing this thread title:
    Glad I wasn't the only one.

  16. #56
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    What the fizzuck?

    Eazy-E, Tupac, Outkast, Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube, Common, Mike D, The King Ad-Rock, and the fuckin' MCA, I could go on, but you get the idea.

    He was good, great even, but of all time?

  17. #57
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,821
    BG Level
    6

    look closer at the OP, it's a Canibus line, I didn't even say Biggie's my #1

    read the thread Max

  18. #58
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Pharoahe Monch anyone?

  19. #59
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Never even heard of Canibus, but man, seeing Eminem listed at the top, I mean the kid can rap, and anything Dre touches is probably going to start shitting gold records... but wow.

    To mention Eminem and not the original dorky whiteboy rappers is like, a sin?

  20. #60

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,355
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Never even heard of Canibus, but man, seeing Eminem listed at the top, I mean the kid can rap, and anything Dre touches is probably going to start shitting gold records... but wow.

    To mention Eminem and not the original dorky whiteboy rappers is like, a sin?
    Old rapper that beefed with LL over a misunderstood lyric, needless to say LL stomped 'em.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who is the Greatest/Most Dominant Athlete of All Time?
    By Andarvi in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 274
    Last Post: 2009-04-15, 20:48
  2. Greatest Joke of all Time NSFW (Bad words/No Pic)
    By GraveRobberX in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2006-08-01, 15:04
  3. The greatest cause of all the world's troubles
    By joft in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-11-07, 11:56
  4. The greatest conspiracy of all time
    By joft in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2005-09-19, 16:33