+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Dismantling Bonus: Trapezohedron Multiplication

Quoted word for word from the CE Strategy Guide:

You need at least six Trapezohedrons to make just one ultimate weapon for each character, and would somehow fathom raising 12,000,000 Gil to buy them. But there is a trick through dismantling if you already own one Trapezohedron. Create one of the following weapons:

* Kain's Lance (made from Dragoon Lance, Shamanic Spear, Punisher, Pandoran Spear or Gae Bolg)

* Nirvana (made from Tigerclaw, Healer's Staff, Belladonna Wand or Mitstilteinn)

Upgrade either Kain's Lance or Nirvana to maximum level (at a cost of approximately 1,500,000 Gil), and then dismantle it. You'll obtain three Trapezohedrons, tripling your initial investment, and for rather less than the 4,000,000 Gil you'd have paid in a shop. You'll even get a present of 36 Moonblossom Seeds at the same time, worth 216,000 Gil.
    Get to dismantling, folks!

What confuses me is the part that says you need 6 Trapezahedrons per ultimate weapon. I have a Nirvana (not max rank) that only required one. Is there an extra stage once you max them out that requires a few more?

Edit: doh, it means one ultimate weapon for every character (6 in total).

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I am told that for this to work, the weapon must be at star level. Haven't tested it personally yet. I also didn't know you got three out of it. Bears some investigation.

Great info. Nice!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If I'd get even one to fucking drop, I could do this. Had the guide myself since yesterday. Got it for the hell of it mostly, sad to see they don't have exp totals needed for weapons to * level. Now I still gotta look that up on the inet :/

Must have missed this trick when I went over the weapons section
    /runs off browsing his book.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think what it means is that you need 6 of them to give each character an ultimate weapon. By the sounds of it that means you can upgrade multiple ultimates for everyone. (Meh didn't read your edit)

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

holy crap thats a nice find lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

you'll get three trapezohedron but it takes a ton of money to remake the weapons so idk what to do

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

The only solution is game shark, I don't know about spending upwards of 12mil just to get 6 ultimate weapons, or spending 10+ hours farming.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Well you've got to spend a large amount of time farming if you want to get all of the level 5 jobs for every character. I'm not going to do this trick until I'm maxxed on levels for everyone because I just got another Trap while farming.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Upgrade either Kain's Lance or Nirvana to maximum level (at a cost of approximately 1,500,000 Gil)
    I was using Sturdy Bone and Superconductors(36 bones for 3x exp, then ~99 conductors). I did a little working out and this seemed to be the cheapest way to get more exp for my gil, but cost be approx. 2.2mil.

Either I'm bad at maths or that things a little off, what mats bring it down to 1.5mil?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I'm not sure if that math is correct, but 1.5 seems a bit low to me as well. I didn't DO the math, I just quoted it ^^

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh aye, I mean, I don't mind spending that much for 3 Trapez', but if there's a way to cut my farming down a lil' bit and need less, I'm all for it. lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Ultracompact Reactors have a better EXP/gil ratio than Superconductors or Particle Accelerators.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

gdi are you fucking serious? maguspk posted some math bullshit in another thread so I figured it was true because I don't do math. ugh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh shi

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Yeah they are better per exp wise it looks like, I was only considering what was available to be bought at the time. I hadn't gotten the R&D Depot thing yet so I didn't even know they were buyable. The look like they are almost 2x as effective as Superconductors, as far as exp/gil ratio goes (it's a bit over 1).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Ultracompact Reactor- Base EXP: 40,000 Cost: 50,000 EXP/gil: .8
    Superconductor- Base EXP: 400 Cost: 840 EXP/gil: .476
    Particle Accelerator- Base EXP: 4,800 Cost: 10,000 EXP/gil: .48
    Supercharger- Base EXP: 774 Cost: 1,600 EXP/gil: .484

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    Ultracompact Reactor- Base EXP: 40,000 Cost: 50,000 EXP/gil: .8
    Superconductor- Base EXP: 400 Cost: 840 EXP/gil: .476
    Particle Accelerator- Base EXP: 4,800 Cost: 10,000 EXP/gil: .48
    Supercharger- Base EXP: 774 Cost: 1,600 EXP/gil: .484
    It's useless working with numbers, I don't know how it works but different items get different amounts of exp from the same item. In some cases it's better in others it's not. Don't make the same mistake I made in thinking every item gives the same amount of exp to every item, it's variable apparently.

Up until now we've been comparing exp/gil but the real comparison should be item/item since the exp varies depending on what you're upgrading. The ratios are meaningless without relativity.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh wow, that's kind of a big difference. Seems best way to go is Supercharger to get to T3, then Ultracompact Reactor to cap T3.