Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 258

Thread: Campaign - 3/23/10 Update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #141
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    646
    BG Level
    5

    Anyone know what to do for the new available ops "Frozen Flame"? Snolls are mentionned in the log and they are presents in Castle Zvahl Baileys, their Self-Destruct is probably needed but make them explode near of a Fortilace doesn't seems to work.

  2. #142
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Oh collective action problem, how you confront me again. I really want to see San D Oria take over all areas (BST/Kindred included) even if that doesn't include the Bastok/Windurst regions.

    Edit: What rank is "Prying Eyes II"?

  3. #143
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    14
    BG Level
    1

    I got Prying Eyes II from the latest medal I was able to get Dawnlight Medal $$$. It's under Intel gathering. There is also another new Op under intel gathering called "Frozen Flames" however I am confused as to what to do exactly.

    It mentions how Snoll are being used as explosive weapons and that we should sabotage them by using their own weapon against them. Now it may be required to have the snoll explode by the fortulace however duo the pull is hard to pull off because the only snolls I've seen are the Icefalls at the start of the Baileys leading up to the dark spark gate where all the campaign mobs gather. The map that Gwynplaine shows where those Zvahl things are and if you get a snoll to explode by one it might lead to a success in the Op.

    One thing to mention though is aside from the demons that wander near but don't go in aggro range by the Zvahl on the side during Ice weather, ice elementals may spawn by the 2 Zvahls before the dark spark gate

    --
    lol totally missed Tachi's response, so exploding them by the fortilace didn't work? Hm well to get rid of other ideas I've tried checking the ??? for the Prying Eyes II at H-7 by the Fortulace on the second map and for the other ??? you have to first drop off in between the two flames at the lower left side of the Garguille area at H-7, run in and there will be another Fortulace along with demons and a ??? by a bunch of crates at H-8 of map 3.

    I checked those 2 ??? under Frozen Flames and I also checked the ??? in the keep on map 2 past the Garguille/Quadav or Orcish/Yagudo route depending on which route you take and I got nothing of interest checking it. I also checked all over the keep so ya I'm totally stumped with Frozen Flames lol

  4. #144
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    Thankfully "walk up and buy it with no effort" doesn't mean "bend over backwards".
    wasn't even directed at you, your post above mine was pure coincidence

    Edit: Maybe try throwing a Snoll Arm @ the Fortilace/Fortifications >.>?

  5. #145
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,037
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    wasn't even directed at you, your post above mine was pure coincidence
    My bad, then.

  6. #146
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    462
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Well, since in Garlaige and Eldieme, you can get tags and then have the beastman attack wave come rushing through and gank you, is very not fun.
    (Had Gigas do it to me in Eldieme back when WotG came out, and it happened just today with Vee Qiqa the Decrier in Garlige)
    If it happens to you in Garliage then you're not very observant, given the fact that from the spawn point to the C.A, you're walking the same path where the wave would be coming in from. If no mobs are around that gives you plenty of time to get your tags and move on. Just gotta be careful with your surroundings before you tag up.

  7. #147
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    164
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyl View Post
    If it happens to you in Garliage then you're not very observant, given the fact that from the spawn point to the C.A, you're walking the same path where the wave would be coming in from. If no mobs are around that gives you plenty of time to get your tags and move on. Just gotta be careful with your surroundings before you tag up.
    Garlaige citadel S is the best place to do campaign battle alone.

    The mobs there are summoners so they are ridicuosly easy to solo for almost any job. (Their only tp moves are feather storm, parry, and the kick attakcs dmg and sweep)

    Almost no one gones there ( i dont know why <.<)

    So u can easily solo like 4 or 5 yags and get 6k exp.

    And yes as they said the key is get used and know from where the mobs come.


    I have one question btw.... Have u ever tried pulling the mobs to the npcs when the beastmen have the area?

    I did this assuming this wil help taking the area but for some reason i noticed after the npcs killed like 4 or 5 mobs they start runing to the fort no matter what and agro everything... so the efforts doing that are useles >< anyone know whats the reason of that?

  8. #148
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    93
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    I went to check out the Fortilaces. They're very weak, 4 T3 nukes destroys them. Going by .dats there's 8 in Baileys, and 8 in Keep. Destroying one reduces that areas fortification level by 2. I don't know how long they take to respawn but they weren't up 12 mins later. I found 5 of the 8 in Baileys and only one in Keep. There was no campaign going on and reducing their lvl didn't seem to increase influence at all. But I wonder if this can help toward taking them over if Campaign is going on. They might make owning the areas slightly less impossible.




    Edit: Posted right after above post, interesting. I'll try that Ops.
    Two of the fortilice are very easy in the keep. They're to the left and right of the first teleporter. In the room with the 5 teleports.

  9. #149
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,065
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Just got my Medal of Altana. Everyone still give you that 'rookie' shit.

    Didn't see if Slaughterhouse IV opened up on this medal or the prior, but its new.

    Might get the regain backpiece and let everyone know what the tp/tick is. Better be 3+ or I'm gonna be pissed at dumping so much AN on it. WS Weapons don't interest me, because AoE like that would be suicide for a non-NPC.

  10. #150
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    474
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Regain back is 1TP/tick.
    Refresh neck is 1MP/tick.
    Regen ring is 3HP/tick.
    WSes are semi-crap, mediocre damage on WS (200~400), but they exhibit weird spikes in damage? Alla has a thread on it.

  11. #151
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    So then Allied Ring isn't available at top Medal rank either? Eff...

  12. #152
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    So then Allied Ring isn't available at top Medal rank either? Eff...
    Looking more and more like Shadow Lord OP reward.

  13. #153
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    959
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Campaign, I am disappoint. Anyone have access to the weapons for real testing?

  14. #154
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Just got my Medal of Altana. Everyone still give you that 'rookie' shit.

    Didn't see if Slaughterhouse IV opened up on this medal or the prior, but its new.

    Might get the regain backpiece and let everyone know what the tp/tick is. Better be 3+ or I'm gonna be pissed at dumping so much AN on it. WS Weapons don't interest me, because AoE like that would be suicide for a non-NPC.
    Slaughterhouse IV opened up I think after the 2nd to last rank. I accidentally chose that one instead of III and then realized that you have to go to the Northlands to use it. It does give a higher exp reward of ~460 exp.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    Campaign, I am disappoint. Anyone have access to the weapons for real testing?

    I've been hearing crap damage so far. Uriel Blade for about 300-400 damage sometimes only for double digit numbers. The same goes for Glory Slash. The STaff WS does 0 damage, just puts mobs to sleep and inflicts the status effect and returns 0 TP.

  15. #155
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    118
    BG Level
    3

    Uriel Slash was doing 60ish to orcs and gnoles. did 20-30 on Shadowwing batallion. Skillchains light with itself and Glory slash also appears possible to do AoE light(I didn't think that was possible, someone correct me). I can pretty safetly say not str based. was almost no variation from +20 str or +80. It seemed to me to add alot of hate, I would keep hate on multi mobs with it.

  16. #156
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,003
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Amedia View Post
    Uriel Slash was doing 60ish to orcs and gnoles. did 20-30 on Shadowwing batallion. Skillchains light with itself and Glory slash also appears possible to do AoE light(I didn't think that was possible, someone correct me). I can pretty safetly say not str based. was almost no variation from +20 str or +80. It seemed to me to add alot of hate, I would keep hate on multi mobs with it.
    Yes I was reading that it did an additional effect of aoe-flash which seems to give a large amount of enmity. Not sure how true it was but the aoe-light is pretty bad ass if true

  17. #157
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    450
    BG Level
    4

    Kinslayer: Baileys has opened up on Quetz under Offensive Ops(I assume its control of both xarc/beauc, and max rank)

    edit: this op reads "This operation requires you to eliminate the Dark Kindred stationed in the Castle Zvahl Baileys."

  18. #158
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Didn't even know Uriel Blade was AoE when I used it the first time... of course I died horribly. Dmg isn't good but god it looks great.

  19. #159
    MOOSE VOUCHER
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,271
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Didn't see if Slaughterhouse IV opened up on this medal or the prior, but its new.
    I'm pretty sure its Starlight Medal, I was on that when update hit and I'm pretty sure I had it available then, it had been over 20 days since my last evaluation so I had to work my ass off to get Moonlight, and I think I remember seeing it then.

    It definitely is at least Moonlight.

  20. #160
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    164
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    This is stupid.... lets see the description of "Tartarus torpor"

    Deals damage to all opponents in an area of effect. Additional effect: Sleep & Magic Evasion Down

    Wheres my f...king dmg?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Update 10/24/06
    By shieldsofwindurst in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 2006-10-25, 01:21
  2. All World Maint 10/23 1000-1200 PDT
    By Gatsby in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 2006-10-23, 21:15
  3. Update Details (10/18/06)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 265
    Last Post: 2006-10-21, 00:32
  4. Update 10/10/05
    By Maguspk in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 2005-10-10, 15:47
  5. July 10 BG Update
    By Zaris in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2005-07-13, 07:45