1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 266
  1. #141
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I think what Firehawk is trying to say is that each new FF trying to push the genre to something new system wise. For instance FFXIII pushed the idea of what ATB can be (ie. fast). FFXII pushed the envelope with their gambit system. FFXI, at time of release, was pushing the envelope of "team-oriented" MMO. FFX pushing the envelope on Turn Based. ect.

    I a way he is saying that he doesn't see FFXIV pushing the envelope in any way, just stealing from other systems. I don't agree but that's what I think he is saying.

  2. #142
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadsuane View Post
    I see they've got the classic mithra F6A remade. Cads 2.0 isn't gonna look that different it seems.
    Still fapping at her too. Godammit, I'm gonna tear off so much skin.

  3. #143
    Vacht
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Altanass View Post
    if you click on hyuran midlanders, the black guy doesnt seem right, his white vest looks like a bra ;-/

    except for that, overall though I'm liking the clothing styles
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...hio/LOLMAN.jpg


    LO FUCKING L


    Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Shadow People
    Shader

    For hundreds of years, the Shaders have inhabited dark caves. Developing bat-like ears, they can sense the enemy’s movement by the rustling of clothes. Because of this, many Shaders excel in hand-to-hand combat. Turning to thievery in order to sustain their cave-dwelling life, they are despised by the forester as turncoats.
    Looks like i have to be elvaan... thievery biatch! I might name him batman. Elvaans have totally changed their tune in this game. Thank tha lord. However i think everyone lame ass and their bag of chips is going to be this race. Hyur highlander pugilist would be rad.

  4. #144
    Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,403
    BG Level
    7

    lalafell look awesome. Now I'm just concerned that I'll pick one tribe and wish I'd picked the other I like em both

  5. #145
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    419
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

    I don't know to chose Hyur or Lalafell. Lalafell is looking better with each update, Hyur looks plain.

  6. #146
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    731
    BG Level
    5

    well lets all hope SE follows a lot of other games' lead and releases a Character Creator stand alone application to promote the game before release.

    But I wouldn't worry too much about tribal differences, from the look of things so far you will be able to say make a Plainsfolk Lalafell look pretty close to a Dunesfolk Lalafell if you want.

  7. #147
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    665
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    I think it's safe to say that there won't be a female version of the Hyur Highlander race, this puts it at 8 male and 7 female playable races. This can mean that there will be a completely new race that has both a male and female for one tribe but the second tribe of this new race will only have a female version and there's room for even more races to be introduced. Now for the alternative which i personally prefer, it can mean that there can be 3 or more tribes for each race. So, a Roegadyn can have 2 more tribes that are slimmer, more attractive female only versions of the Roegadyn but it wouldn't make much sense for the exact same thing to happen with the Miqo'te race because male versions can easily fit into the 2 existing tribes.

    Would you like to see something as to what i described or would you like to see everything kept the same? I personally wouldn't don't want to see it kept like this because all i see right now is a gaping hole with only a male version of the Highlander Hyur race if i happen to be right in my speculation that there won't be a female version. (edit) There's room for all kinds of variations, i didn't list them all because i see endless possibilities.

  8. #148
    LD
    LD is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    I'm sorry, but this wins the thread.

    We can't stop here, this is Shader country.

  9. #149
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    well lets all hope SE follows a lot of other games' lead and releases a Character Creator stand alone application to promote the game before release.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they will. Their site should still have that cheap o deluxo character creation trial. This time around tho it won't be as bland since will be given a multitude of options.

  10. #150
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,049
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    We can't stop here, this is Shader country.
    I think we're primed for it. I mean, most of the fan/news site people are tarus (Elmer, Pikko, historically Bercus).

    Bercus would be great, he already gets shafted over by S-E for news. We just ply him with drugs, get him good and angry, and set him loose as the new Hunter S Taru.

    (Yes, I like HST & Spider Jerusalem a bit much. Something cute like a Taru/Lalafel but with a personality like that amuses me no no end.)

  11. #151

  12. #152
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    787
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    The 6A mithra is back. I'll be fapping for the rest of the afternoon if anyone needs me.

    Also, is anyone seeing a little FFT:A in those new taru pictures? I'm absolutely seeing Mewt Randall in that Sand-dweller male taru face. All of those taru profile pics have a very similar style to the advanced series artwork, which is great, because I loved the artwork in those games.
    that caught my eye right away.
    Nice to see HD renderings of all the hairstyles from FFXI, but considering how detailed the characters are, I'm mad. WHY NO GALKA TAILS?

  13. #153
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    731
    BG Level
    5

    Elmer did a piece back at the reveal of the FFXIV races about Galka without tails. Some of the concept art for Galkas, they didn't have tails.

    A Galka By Any Other Name…


    I have read that the developers are hinting at possible secret race being added and I'm wondering if Viera might be the added race to make up for lack of female Highlanders. Perhaps it is just an oversight on SE's part that no female was show for Highlanders, they simply hadn't gotten around to making one that stood out enough for them to display on the sight at this time. If highlanders are as tough as they look I am sure there would be kickass lady highlanders out there being Mercs too.

  14. #154
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    I have read that the developers are hinting at possible secret race being added and I'm wondering if Viera might be the added race to make up for lack of female Highlanders. Perhaps it is just an oversight on SE's part that no female was show for Highlanders, they simply hadn't gotten around to making one that stood out enough for them to display on the sight at this time. If highlanders are as tough as they look I am sure there would be kickass lady highlanders out there being Mercs too.
    According to that rough translation of their description, Highlanders in and of themselves are rare, females especially so. As is it's only the rare merc man who comes down from the hills while the majority of them, including all the women, stay in their homeland. I'm not expecting female highlanders anymore then I'm expecting female Galka or male Mithra at this point.

    Also, if there is another race added, it's probably not going to be Viera. Hell, they still haven't explained that random horned kid in the original art piece that came out when this game was announced, and I could easily see that being added as a new race.

  15. #155
    the apple of knowledge
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    246
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    it wasn't a horned kid it was just the positioning of something behind him that made it look like horns.

  16. #156
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    BG Level
    0
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Official youTube Channel is up with a new video

  17. #157
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    731
    BG Level
    5

    well, I am hoping that Highlander woman make a showing in the game as playable and they are kickass, something along the lines of this



    All the other females are typical, along the lines of being feminine and cute and we need some tough kickass woman to spice things up.

  18. #158
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    985
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Kinda looks like Lion on 'roids

  19. #159
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuyo View Post
    Official youTube Channel is up with a new video
    http://www.youtube.com/finalfantasyxiv

  20. #160
    Apocalypse
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    114
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Shadowmoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    Kinda looks like Lion on 'roids
    "Exactly"!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast