Fuck yes Detroit learning how to finish a game.
Fuck yes Detroit learning how to finish a game.
Jimmy Howard bounces back and posts a shutout at home to tie the series at 2. Zetterberg and Datsyuk show up and the Wings play a solid game.
3 penalties in a row so far for the Hawks but Nashville gets nothing. They did score first though, and then outta nowhere....Kopecky on the PP! Tie game!
Carcillo fast becoming NHL's biggest troll, Philly and Pittsburgh both look like the first teams to three wins in the first round. I hope Colorado can follow suit.
With Kennedy hurt, maybe he doesn't play next game even if it's not a serious injury. Put in Godard because Sutton, Ruutu, and Neil are goons with chips on their shoulders, or roll Lovejoy as the 7th defenseman to try getting him accustomed to the big boy's playoffs?
Well that's one way to get over a self goal.
awesome, boyle found out which net to shoot at.
Only for the Preds to get three penalties in a row right after, then another Blackhawks for Interference, then one for Preds for Holding the Stick (was pretty sneaky, if anyone saw it haha). I have no complaints.3 penalties in a row so far for the Hawks but Nashville gets nothing.
It's about time Legwand did something, Preds looking sharp now. You couldn't pay me to stand between the goal and a Shea Weber slap shot from the blue line, even the red line I'd probably be edging away.
Hawks are looking like complete ass tonight, true story. Versteeg is making some sweet moves but has nothing to show for them yet because he keeps passing or getting poked check instead of shooting.
Datsyuk also had 2 penalties...I was like "wtf".
Wings played like they did in game 2, theres no coincidence both of those games were wins. They kept the physical pace constant, stayed right with the puck while on defense and kept Phoenix on their end with good puck handling and grabbing second shots. They need to score first, not necessarily quick, on Friday and make Phoenix answer and step up.
The 5 on 3 no goal for Phoenix might be the turning point of the series. Howard was on point, and the defense was almost always there to assist, which was one of my biggest issues with the 2 losses. Awesome for Howards confidence with the shutout too.
Am I the only one thinking the Pens and Fleury are gonna have some problems when not playing a 7 seed with them allowing so many goals a game?
No Pens are nasty haha. Crosby / Malkin easily the best duo in the playoffs. They do have a few things to work out on defense, Staal was terrible tonight, but they've looked great overall the past two games.
I still think the Sharks make an early exit. Maybe not against the Avs (although they might), but at least in the second round.
Seems the only team that wants the cup are the Penguins. This is based on the play of the rest of the teams. Lol.
and pow penalty shot Preds
edit: and goal
Pens will have problems if Fleury shits the bed, if he plays well they can probably hang with anyone.
I've missed most of the games due to long work schedule today. So can someone please explain what the hell is going on with Chicago? I hope they pull it together because Nashville to the second round would be fucking gay.
Chicago creeping down the road towards a 2-1 hole in the third period - if Nashville wins both their home games and takes a 3-1 lead, they have a good chance to pull off a massive upset. Nashville plays tough, they beat the Pens, but still - Chicago was almost everyone's favorite out of the west and to lose in the first round would be earth shattering.
Detroit/Phoenix series is wearing one another down. Detroit is slightly younger this year with a couple younger players, but Lidstrom, Rafalski, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc, they're still all getting older. Phoenix is accumulating injuries.
San Jose doesn't seem primed to win.
Vancouver is underperforming so far.
Washington is still up in the air - they played well last night, but I'd like to see a few consist games of that quality before I believe in their ability to go wire to wire.
Philly is about to do the Pens a huge favor too.
If Philly could eliminate Washington or at least wear them down a good bit... gosh the Penguins just might have a shot at a repeat. (This all assuming we close out Ottawa and beat the Buffalo/Boston winner)
--------------------------------
I don't wanna toot my own horn, but ...toot, toot. Fleury's been getting better (not stealing games yet, but not blowing them either - for example, I can't fault him on either 5 on 3 goal against tonight) and the team is starting to come together at the right time. My favorite sign is how energetic and physical the team is playing. Quick north/south hockey, finishing all their checks, hustling on the backcheck. Things they weren't neccesarily doing every game during the regular season.
When the regular season ended, the Pens weren't playing some of the best hockey in the NHL unlike the end of the previous 2 regular seasons before our Finals/Cup runs, so my belief was not as concrete as it was, but they're starting to catch fire, they're starting to ignite.
You're gay, that's what the playoffs are about. If LA takes out Canucks, I could see the Preds going to the Western finals; although, I'd be more than happy to see them win their first playoff series ever.I've missed most of the games due to long work schedule today. So can someone please explain what the hell is going on with Chicago? I hope they pull it together because Nashville to the second round would be fucking gay.
How much you wanna bet Boyle gets the first shift in OT?