+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather VS Mosley     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Mayweather VS Mosley

Anybody gonna watch this Saturday? Mayweather might get that ass knocked out unless he uses the angles and wins by points. Either way it'll be the toughest fight of his career IMO.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'll be watching for sure. Really do hope he gives Mayweather a good fight cause this shits on in the middle of the night for me.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah. Can't remember the last time I actually shelled out the cash to see a fight live, but this should be a great one.

Didn't Pacquiao and Mosley just fight and wasn't it a joke? Why would he want to fight Mayweather if he wasn't gonna bother putting in a good fight with Pac?

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    Didn't Pacquiao and Mosley just fight and wasn't it a joke? Why would he want to fight Mayweather if he wasn't gonna bother putting in a good fight with Pac?
    Negative. It was Mayweather he was supposed to fight, but he bitched out because of the way they wanted to do the drug test.

Lot of stuff went on that definitely leaves one leaning towards the fact that Pacman is juicing (search the web for some great back stories). His retard trainer kept talking mad shit afterwords...even though it's his camp that backed out. Fuck him.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...ight_call.html

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Ya I started saying fuck pac man too after he bitched out about the blood test. Best fight ever ruined because he says he doesn't want his blood taken?..fuck that

This should be cool too tho

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lolboxing sums up my feelings about this fight.

Mayweather won't fight Pac because of steroid accusations - but he will fight Mosley - someone who has tested positive and has been named in the BALCO investigation as receiving them - and won't require the level of testing he wanted Pac to undergo.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Lolboxing sums up my feelings about this fight.

Mayweather won't fight Pac because of steroid accusations - but he will fight Mosley - someone who has tested positive and has been named in the BALCO investigation as receiving them - and won't require the level of testing he wanted Pac to undergo.
    Pac wouldn't fight Mayweather because of the Olympic style drug testing requested by Mayweather's camp. Pac bitched out. Not Mayweather.

Huge difference. Take a few minutes to read up on it and get informed. Some pretty interesting shit went down.

The two situations are so dramatically different it's retarded to compare them.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Actually my bad seems like Mosley accepted that level of drug testing also.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Ya it shows both of them doing the testing on Mayweather/Mosley 24/7. It's been coming on TV101 and HBO if you wanna check it, it's interesting as hell and really gets ya pumped for the fight

This has to be Floyd's entrance music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8z_5ZtPzWI

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Pac wouldn't fight Mayweather because of the Olympic style drug testing requested by Mayweather's camp. Pac bitched out. Not Mayweather.

Huge difference. Take a few minutes to read up on it and get informed. Some pretty interesting shit went down.

The two situations are so dramatically different it's retarded to compare them.
    I can see the tip of Mayweathers cock poking out the bottom of your ass, try not to choke. Mayhweather requested an unheard of amount of tests before the match and Pac said he'd take a test RIGHT AFTER THE FIGHT.

You're a fucking tool, Mayweather got shook and started making obscene demands to pressure Pac's team to back out and kept adding shit on until it became the usual circus that is Mayweather fights. Stop whining like a dumb faggot and read any sports news article on the topic.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I won't argue who's a punk and whatnot, but I will say that I'm glad to see Floyd fighting a top tier fighter who'll bring it to him, and is a bigger guy. I know a lot of people may disagree, but as a boxer myself, I absolutely marvel at, and enjoy Floyd's boxing skills. I think Mosley's gonna make this a good fight, but Mayweather is just so quick that it may not matter. Luckily, that's just going to make this fight more enjoyable to watch.

And here's hoping if Floyd wins, that a Pacman fight happens later this year. The amount of money that would generate has to be too high for the silliness that happened the first time they tried to set something up.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    Mayhweather requested an unheard of amount of tests before the match and Pac said he'd take a test RIGHT AFTER THE FIGHT.
    Unheard amount of test...?

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    Stop whining like a dumb faggot and read any sports news article on the topic.
    Lemme help you out with that.

Cyclists at the Tour de France, for instance, are tested the morning of their events under the code establish by the World Anti-Doping Agency, which sets the rules for banned substances that are followed by USADA and other international testing groups. Speedskaters, skiers and cricket and rugby players also are tested in similar fashion.

The blood is taken from the arm and it's less than one teaspoon of about 380 teaspoons in the body.

Said Tygart: "We don't do anything that can potentially impact an athlete's performance. … It's a matter of learning about the process. There's just a lack of the knowledge about these issues."
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...t-hurdle_N.htm

Edit: It helps if you know that Mayweather requested Olympic style drug testing and what that entails. It wasn't "an unheard of amount of tests."

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Manny is a superstitious guy so to him the amount of blood taken isn't really the problem if he thinks it takes away his mojo or something like that. If he takes steroids I don't think he would agree to a blood test right after the fight. He also agree to blood tests leading to the fight but not within a week or 2 of the fight so that doesn't leave any time to cycle in steroids as far as I know.

That seems reasonable to me on his part and to many people it seems like Mayweather was just looking for a reason to back out. I don't think the lack of blood test within that week or 2 before the fight is really a make or break deal.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I for one am not gonna pay to see Mayweather dance around evading everything, only to jab and win by points. His fights IMO are boring and counter-productive to the idea of boxing as a KO sport.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

His Hatton fight was good

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    Manny is a superstitious guy so to him the amount of blood taken isn't really the problem if he thinks it takes away his mojo or something like that. If he takes steroids I don't think he would agree to a blood test right after the fight. He also agree to blood tests leading to the fight but not within a week or 2 of the fight so that doesn't leave any time to cycle in steroids as far as I know.

That seems reasonable to me on his part and to many people it seems like Mayweather was just looking for a reason to back out. I don't think the lack of blood test within that week or 2 before the fight is really a make or break deal.
    Now I love you Blarg. Seriously, name the last fight Mayweather asked a fighter - or any fighter asked their opponent - to take this many blood tests.

Fuckstick Gadritan can't answer that question as he obviously didn't compute the phrase "unheard of" in my previous post. Mayweather made a bitch move in a series of bitch moves to either get out of a fight, delay a fight, or win a fight without actually fighting.

Pac's camp made a lot of concessions in this deal and Mayweather kept pushing and pushing and pushing unreasonable requests to make the fight happen.

If Manny had dope or HGH in his system and tested RIGHT AFTER THE FIGHT if he won and it was positive then he lost. Why ask for a test 48 hours before? To bitch out of the fight and get the opponent you know you can't win against so riled up that they'll back out or drop negotiations.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Another thing to be considered if you are watching the 24/7, although it could be mostly hype and making himself the heel in the fight, is that Mayweather keeps talking about how he doesn't fight for a legacy and fights only for, you guessed it, money. This is a sport like no other where 1 loss can really hurt your ability to sell a fight and Mayweather is going to make as much money fighting Mosley as he would fighting Pacquiao and he doesn't face the same risk.

There aren't too many fights where he can make so much out there left for him so I think the 2 will have to fight eventually and if I had to bet I would say that Mayweather relents on blood testing in the week or 2 leading up to the fight rather than Pacquiao caving in to the demands.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

His Hatton fight was good, so was the Judah fight, and to an extent the DLH fight

I see Floyd winning a UD, very very small chance of KO'ing Shane, but as we've seen in past fights for Shane, he has problems with boxers with a great jab and throw from angles, both criteria fit Mayweather's M.O.

Also, for the Pacquiao nuthuggers in here, Floyd demanded Olympic-style Drug Testing for the fight with Mosley, which is why Shane's past BALCO connections are irrelevant.

IMO, if Manny and Floyd aren't going to fight now, I seriously doubt it's got anything to do with a drug test. This is a sport about making vast amounts of money. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if all of that nonsense was just a play to delay the fight (for whatever reason), to build suspense for it after Floyd beats Shane this weekend.

Look for a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight in November 2010, just my guess.

I for one am not gonna pay to see Mayweather dance around evading everything, only to jab and win by points. His fights IMO are boring and counter-productive to the idea of boxing as a KO sport.
    Maybe if you're just a casual fan of Boxing, then his style appears boring. I consider myself a big fan of Boxing, and I think his style is mesmerizing. He really does adapt to whoever he's fighting, and does whatever it takes to WIN. If the KO presents itself (Hatton, Corrales) then he'll take it. Keep in mind, Floyd has FRAGILE hands. He has had hand problems in the past, and this most certainly plays into his lower % of victories by KO, than guys like Mosley, and Pacquiao who are basically KO artists.

But Floyd's fights aren't boring. He just makes the other guy look really, really bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast