Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 171
  1. #81
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,325
    BG Level
    7

    Sorry, what's your point? I'm not watching the video.

    Islam = Christianity = Judaism?

    There is a political context to the 'criticism' (I don't think Penis-Muhammed falls into this category) of each religion.

    Christianity is pervasive in the West; in the US.

    Judaism is often linked w/ Christianity ('Judeo-Christian' values). And I don't think anyone's going to take a critical look at Judaism w/ respect to the policies of the 'Jewish State' because in our culture, that's a one-way ticket to being ostracized as a rabid-Jew-hating-Nazi.

    The event in question is only going to alienate Muslims from the rest of us. It's going to dehumanize them further.

    If you think people are scared to talk about the Arab-Islamic world, then look at Hollywood films about the ME.

  2. #82
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Sorry, what's your point? I'm not watching the video.

    Islam = Christianity = Judaism?

    There is a political context to the 'criticism' (I don't think Penis-Muhammed falls into this category) of each religion.

    Christianity is pervasive in the West; in the US.

    Judaism is often linked w/ Christianity ('Judeo-Christian' values). And I don't think anyone's going to take a critical look at Judaism w/ respect to the policies of the 'Jewish State' because in our culture, that's a one-way ticket to being ostracized as a rabid-Jew-hating-Nazi.

    The event in question is only going to alienate Muslims from the rest of us. It's going to dehumanize them further.

    If you think people are scared to talk about the Arab-Islamic world, then look at Hollywood films about the ME.
    You should really watch the South Park that sparked the recent attention lol.

    It basically did a bunch of ridiculous shit with the other major religious figures, including Buddah snorting coke repeatedly, in order to reinforce the point of how ridiculous it is that they can't even show Muhammad at all.


    Oh, and btw... that failed bomb in NY... parked outside Viacom headquarters.

  3. #83
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4

    The most reasonable religious people I've met, and I do enjoy their company are the Quakers. Rabid liberty supporters. They were also the most ardent abolitionists, and were Anarchists that didn't want William Penn interfering

  4. #84
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian View Post
    The most reasonable religious people I've met, and I do enjoy their company are the Quakers. Rabid liberty supporters. They were also the most ardent abolitionists, and were Anarchists that didn't want William Penn interfering
    You make me hate every fiber of myself that agrees with many of the issues you support.

    Just sayin'

  5. #85
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    You make me hate every fiber of myself that agrees with many of the issues you support.

    Just sayin'
    Hmmmm how so?

    This thread also needs moar pictures

  6. #86
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    You should really watch the South Park that sparked the recent attention lol.

    It basically did a bunch of ridiculous shit with the other major religious figures, including Buddah snorting coke repeatedly, in order to reinforce the point of how ridiculous it is that they can't even show Muhammad at all.
    This is the point, NOT that Islam is wrong, not that any religion is right, just that I can make a joke about Jesus looking at porn while he derides Buddha for snorting coke, with a spoof of the Tron mainframe as Moses in the background talking down to that Mormon guy who can fucking fly around, as Shiva turns into whatever is useful.

    Yet putting a picture of Mohammad up gets people threatened with violent reprisal.

    Now, I could say all day long that I'm going to kill Matt and Trey for making fun of Jesus, as I think he was probably a pretty cool dude, same for Buddha, and I'm more mad at making fun of the Tron computer than Moses.

    How many people have been killed in the last 20 years for drawing cartoons of Jesus?


    Why aren't they threatening violence over those other figures?


    Naturally not ALL muslims feel this way, but the fact that it has been seen as justified action by a small portion makes the rest look bad. Just like Bush cleaning house in Iraq makes anyone who was in the U.S. at the time look bad.

    Did I agree with that cunt on anything? No, I'd never call myself a friend of any government, actually.


    Nonetheless, they don't hear about people over there who think we should all get along, and don't mind the negative sentiments... just as we don't hear anyone but the loudest voices screaming for blood.

  7. #87
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian View Post
    Hmmmm how so?

    This thread also needs moar pictures
    The perfect impression of a homeless man shouting his explanation of how the CIA is controlling him from inside his left foot, for one.

    Seriously, I agree with a lot of the shit you support (minus the anarchy bullshit) but you make it so hard for anyone to take you seriously. Mostly due to how you approach and frame your arguments. I mean hell, I call people ass-biting faggots and they continue to read the rest of my posts, whereas I can't even finish half of yours.

    Something very important that I live by when it comes to politics, religion, or any form of academic debate: know your audience.

    You've mentioned many times that you want to persuade people over to the anarcho-capitalistic bullpen, which again I think is fucking stupid, and that is your reason for shoving these diatribes down our collective throats. The fact is that people are far less likely to be A) so nationalistic B) so bipartisan C) beating you over the head with a 2x4 in their minds if you calmly lay some framework instead of standing on a mountain yelling, "you're all blind idiots who can't see that your government is using you! blah blah blah"

    Is America a forward-marching, third-world stomping, imperialist machine? Ob-fucking-viously. Why should we care? Why is grass-roots democracy any better than capitalism or oligarchy or tyranny? Why should anyone care that the first-world is subjugating and exsanguinating any country that can't offer substantial free-market trade? We've been doing it for hundreds of years and we're benefiting from it, why the fuck should anyone give a crap? Why did we invade Vietnam? Why do we have more troops stationed on military bases around the world in permanent positions than we have fighting the war in the middle east?

    Do you get where I'm going with this? You got to the opinion you now have because along the way you were educated in material that in some way or another included all of this and more and it led you to choose where you were going to plant your flag. I'm not saying that it is now your job to teach everyone on BG the new edition of "American Imperialism & You: A perspective by Rothbardian." but if you're going to shout some of the more ridiculous theories and claims in long, url-filled diatribes almost every time you post don't you think people would be more receptive if they had some background first (although most of the people in this thread already do, but they're not your audience are they? Lurkers are.)

    And hell, people still probably won't listen to you, but right now you're Mel Gibson chasing Julia Roberts around in Conspiracy Theory. It doesn't get much worse than that.

    ---

    Sorry for the totally off-track rant @ everyone else.

  8. #88
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    No, I think it was a valid rant, had someone do the same thing for me after I realized I have always been roughly anarcho-capitalistic in my thinking.

    I do like to point out that Jesus was an anarchist though.

  9. #89
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    The perfect impression of a homeless man shouting his explanation of how the CIA is controlling him from inside his left foot, for one.

    Seriously, I agree with a lot of the shit you support (minus the anarchy bullshit) but you make it so hard for anyone to take you seriously. Mostly due to how you approach and frame your arguments. I mean hell, I call people ass-biting faggots and they continue to read the rest of my posts, whereas I can't even finish half of yours.

    Something very important that I live by when it comes to politics, religion, or any form of academic debate: know your audience.

    You've mentioned many times that you want to persuade people over to the anarcho-capitalistic bullpen, which again I think is fucking stupid, and that is your reason for shoving these diatribes down our collective throats. The fact is that people are far less likely to be A) so nationalistic B) so bipartisan C) beating you over the head with a 2x4 in their minds if you calmly lay some framework instead of standing on a mountain yelling, "you're all blind idiots who can't see that your government is using you! blah blah blah"

    Is America a forward-marching, third-world stomping, imperialist machine? Ob-fucking-viously. Why should we care? Why is grass-roots democracy any better than capitalism or oligarchy or tyranny? Why should anyone care that the first-world is subjugating and exsanguinating any country that can't offer substantial free-market trade? We've been doing it for hundreds of years and we're benefiting from it, why the fuck should anyone give a crap? Why did we invade Vietnam? Why do we have more troops stationed on military bases around the world in permanent positions than we have fighting the war in the middle east?

    Do you get where I'm going with this? You got to the opinion you now have because along the way you were educated in material that in some way or another included all of this and more and it led you to choose where you were going to plant your flag. I'm not saying that it is now your job to teach everyone on BG the new edition of "American Imperialism & You: A perspective by Rothbardian." but if you're going to shout some of the more ridiculous theories and claims in long, url-filled diatribes almost every time you post don't you think people would be more receptive if they had some background first (although most of the people in this thread already do, but they're not your audience are they? Lurkers are.)

    And hell, people still probably won't listen to you, but right now you're Mel Gibson chasing Julia Roberts around in Conspiracy Theory. It doesn't get much worse than that.

    ---

    Sorry for the totally off-track rant @ everyone else.
    Thanks for the insight, but this is just funny (Whats bolded) My name isn't Fox Mulder.

  10. #90
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Now you're gonna come in here and shit on the X-files? Boy, is there no hope for you?!

  11. #91
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Now you're gonna come in here and shit on the X-files? Boy, is there no hope for you?!
    Hehehe. I do love my Dana Scully in heels, and who doesn't believe in the Parasitic Worm Man?

  12. #92
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    It's too bad that at the time all what you're bitching about happened, there was absolutely nobody, anywhere that disagreed with them. Otherwise they might have had to specifically make a decision on if they would put up with it or not that would affect centuries of progress.
    Bitching smitching. I was pointing out your avocation of a myth as fact. You however seem intent in the belief that the founding fathers were absolutely perfect supermen as per the american mythology passed bout. Do you think the part where you're 3/5 of a human being had noone against it such as idk the entire black population? I'm pretty sure that there were at least some people opposed to slavery back then who weren't black as well.
    eg http://www.cracked.com/article_18489...aganda_p2.html
    The reason you were taught that everything was perfect back then and things were awesome was because at the time everyone had to pretend they were ruled by superspecialawesome manly men. The entire union would have broke almost instantly without the cult of Washington being formed and whatnot. But dont worry. It's understandable that we forgot those things without God there to remind us like he did when he used to talk to all of us 8000 years ago when he created the Earth.(that was sarcasm to show what you sounded like by spouting off mythology as fact albeit mythology to which the facts aren't well known and as such understandable that as an american you'd go spouting it off as per the usual greatest nation on Earth byline.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    How many covered what non-Death-to-America Buddhists think about this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMcVESkQeAI


    Hell, how many people care about Utah?

    So to check. You want to know how many death to america Buddists exist when the extremists of that religion run around with brooms all their life sweeping in front of where they step to prevent themselves from accidentally killing a bug my stepping on it? Oh yeah. Angry Buddhists are sure dangerous.

  13. #93
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Bitching smitching. I was pointing out your avocation of a myth as fact. You however seem intent in the belief that the founding fathers were absolutely perfect supermen as per the american mythology passed bout. Do you think the part where you're 3/5 of a human being had noone against it such as idk the entire black population? I'm pretty sure that there were at least some people opposed to slavery back then who weren't black as well.
    eg http://www.cracked.com/article_18489...aganda_p2.html
    The reason you were taught that everything was perfect back then and things were awesome was because at the time everyone had to pretend they were ruled by superspecialawesome manly men. The entire union would have broke almost instantly without the cult of Washington being formed and whatnot. But dont worry. It's understandable that we forgot those things without God there to remind us like he did when he used to talk to all of us 8000 years ago when he created the Earth.(that was sarcasm to show what you sounded like by spouting off mythology as fact albeit mythology to which the facts aren't well known.)

    Here's the thing: I never said anything about a perfect society, or any of the shit you're rambling about in any way, shape, or form.

    I talked specifically about one single issue, freedom of expression (and the press).


    You exploded with pent up blog storage you wanted to spew about how bad America is in utterly and completely unrelated ways.

  14. #94
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yeah you got me. There's nothing more i hate than America hurr durr. I'm gonna do get some eagle and deep fry it in using fireworks. Fuck you Bandit Keith.
    And shit goes off topic all the time. Its not exactly a big deal for a derail to hapen nor does it mean every other random person in the thread has to participate in the tangent conversation. Blog scmog. I just talk alot.

  15. #95
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    So to check. You want to know how many death to america Buddists exist when the extremists of that religion run around with brooms all their life sweeping in front of where they step to prevent themselves from accidentally killing a bug my stepping on it? Oh yeah. Angry Buddhists are sure dangerous.
    Ok, seriously, reading is not hard. At all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Yeah you got me. There's nothing more i hate than America hurr durr. I'm gonna do get some eagle and deep fry it in using fireworks. Fuck you Bandit Keith.
    And shit goes off topic all the time. Its not exactly a big deal for a derail to hapen nor does it mean every other random person in the thread has to participate in the tangent conversation. Blog scmog. I just talk alot.
    What the fuck are you talking about?

    It's not about going off topic, it's about the fact that what you're saying has absolutely nothing to do with what you're attempting to relate it to.

    You're just aimlessly ranting stupid unrelated shit because someone said something positive about early America.


    Things go off topic sensibly, sure. What you're doing is this:

    Me: That green car has a nice stereo.

    You: Dude fuck cars, of any color, they're fucking evil they raped my mom and ate my children.

    And the blog comment is because you're obviously simply regurgitating, hence having absolutely nothing to do with anything that's actually been said.

  16. #96
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    451
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Yeah you got me. There's nothing more i hate than America hurr durr. I'm gonna do get some eagle and deep fry it in using fireworks. Fuck you Bandit Keith.
    And shit goes off topic all the time. Its not exactly a big deal for a derail to hapen nor does it mean every other random person in the thread has to participate in the tangent conversation. Blog scmog. I just talk alot.
    Can I come over and have some eagle? I would like mine smothered in hur durr sauce. Oh, invite Mohammad too. Buddah will bring the coke. Obama will bring the weed. Ill bring the blog schmog.

  17. #97
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    912
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Neoscrilla View Post
    I would like mine smothered in hur durr sauce.
    http://img1.imagehousing.com/51/1902...edc297a65a.jpg

  18. #98
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

  19. #99
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    What is PBUH?

  20. #100
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Acturus View Post
    What is PBUH?
    It stands for "Peace Be Upon Him" or something along those lines. I was confused one day so I asked Firas.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Judgment Day - May 21st, 2011 at Participating Universes
    By Eticket in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 618
    Last Post: 2011-06-03, 07:53
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2011-03-17, 18:29
  3. *Reminder* Free Comic Book Day, Saturday, May 5th *Reminder*
    By 6souls in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2007-04-30, 11:23