Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1505
  1. #381
    A gigantic waste of space
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    719
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    I have yet to math them, but a DEX/ACC Kuina mainhanded with DMG+13 Isatu offhand seems to be the best combination for pure damage atm, with d:43 Mozu coming in a bit behind for mainhand.
    Excellent. Cheers Thorny. One day, I'll get my head round all the maths stuff, and calculate it myself.

  2. #382
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Is uninstalling FFXI supposed to take forever? I am on vista atm and I just wanted playonline, not the whole game. Playonline wont load for whatever reason, I DLed it off their site for Vista. I made the mistake of installing ffxi with the CDs and then I uninstalled POL and installed vista POL and it wont run. So now I'm trying to uninstall FFXI and RoZ and it is taking fucking forever to uninstall

  3. #383
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    507
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

    Your typical FFXI install consists of 3.2 metric shittons of individual files, so yeah, it will probably take a while for the uninstaller to go through them all, deleting every single one.

  4. #384
    Jak
    Jak is offline
    [2012: Year of the Whore]
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,133
    BG Level
    6

    What's a good mob and/or NM to practice tanking on (with Rdm/Nin or Rdm/???) that casts magic, does AoE TP moves, and hits decently hard?

    I don't really HAVE to be able to solo from 100>0%. I just need a mob to practice my survivability on. Every mob I've soloed up until now has no cast magic that I can recall.. and I want the experience. I've always been a decent soloer on Rdm and Cor but I want to take the next big step and become a decent Rdm tank on harder shit.

    I know the game mechanics, I know what equipment works with what, etc. Just lacking experience. Help? :>

  5. #385
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,419
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Any of the Zilart kings would be fine. Even NQ's like Adamantoise / Fafnir have a decent amount of magic attacks, even though I'm not quite sure why that is factoring into what you're trying to learn? It's like physical damage but..doesn't take shadows? Lol

    If those aren't acceptable answers, perhaps look into VNM's. Maybe pop a Krabkatoa with 2 RDM/NIN friends, and trio it. 2 RDM/NINs can duo, you'd be a third wheel, which would be good for a learner.

  6. #386
    Jak
    Jak is offline
    [2012: Year of the Whore]
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,133
    BG Level
    6

    No no, sorry.. I meant magic spells.. as in -aga III spells, Poisonga, .. any -ga spell I guess that wipes shadows constantly. Not sure where you thought I meant magic-type damage. I said cast spells

    And ZM kings are out of the question. Everything but Day 1 turtle is pretty much bot-claimed and I don't feel like waiting 3 hours. I could probably look into some of the VNMs I guess like the T2 fairies..

  7. #387
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,436
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    No no, sorry.. I meant magic spells.. as in -aga III spells, Poisonga, .. any -ga spell I guess that wipes shadows constantly. Not sure where you thought I meant magic-type damage. I said cast spells
    Genbu?

  8. #388
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    No no, sorry.. I meant magic spells.. as in -aga III spells, Poisonga, .. any -ga spell I guess that wipes shadows constantly. Not sure where you thought I meant magic-type damage. I said cast spells

    And ZM kings are out of the question. Everything but Day 1 turtle is pretty much bot-claimed and I don't feel like waiting 3 hours. I could probably look into some of the VNMs I guess like the T2 fairies..
    Oupire.

  9. #389
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    314
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    I have yet to math them, but a DEX/ACC Kuina mainhanded with DMG+13 Isatu offhand seems to be the best combination for pure damage atm, with d:43 Mozu coming in a bit behind for mainhand.
    I don't mean this in a sarcastic manner, this is an honest question - but I just wanted to make sure.

    I'm definitely after the Isatu katana, but I was looking into which would be the best for raw damage, and saw someone say before that the Kuina with Str+ was the better combo for pure dmg, I guess I should dump my Mozu then? =( I was already on the t2 VNM stage lol.

    I'd just like to see which katana I should spend time doing, since these Str/Dex katana's seem to take a bit more time since they're all weather condition kills.

  10. #390
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    I don't see any sense in dumping any unfinished Magian weapons unless you just really need the inventory. You can have multiple trials going for the same weapon class at once. Just remember, SE plans on continuing the Magian Trials, possibly changing what is "best" in the near future. High-DMG weapons could possibly pull ahead of OATs (or vice-versa) depending on what's next.

    For example, I have Mantis on their last trial, I have Cat's Claws in their last dark-based trial, I have a new pair of Pugilists going towards OAT Wargfangs, and I just got a different pair of Pugilists to go after a different element Cat's Claws. The only weapons that you can't have multiples of are final-named OATs and High-DMG.

  11. #391
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,674
    BG Level
    8

    STR vs DEX is going to depend on accuracy, for accuracy uncapped the DEX one is always going to be better. As far as mozu, as stated previously, I haven't mathed it yet. I'll try to do it later tonight if I get a few minutes.

  12. #392
    rog
    rog is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,874
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    What's a good mob and/or NM to practice tanking on (with Rdm/Nin or Rdm/???) that casts magic, does AoE TP moves, and hits decently hard?

    I don't really HAVE to be able to solo from 100>0%. I just need a mob to practice my survivability on. Every mob I've soloed up until now has no cast magic that I can recall.. and I want the experience. I've always been a decent soloer on Rdm and Cor but I want to take the next big step and become a decent Rdm tank on harder shit.

    I know the game mechanics, I know what equipment works with what, etc. Just lacking experience. Help? :>
    Zekka? Don't think it hits that hard, but you can always pretend it does by recasting ss every time you get hit 1-2 times, and overcuring yourself based on how much damage per hit you want to practice for. No aoe tp moves, but it's probably the best you're going to get.

    What are you practicing for anyway?

  13. #393
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    725
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    What's a good mob and/or NM to practice tanking on (with Rdm/Nin or Rdm/???) that casts magic, does AoE TP moves, and hits decently hard?

    I don't really HAVE to be able to solo from 100>0%. I just need a mob to practice my survivability on. Every mob I've soloed up until now has no cast magic that I can recall.. and I want the experience. I've always been a decent soloer on Rdm and Cor but I want to take the next big step and become a decent Rdm tank on harder shit.

    I know the game mechanics, I know what equipment works with what, etc. Just lacking experience. Help? :>
    Campaign generals?

  14. #394
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Is "Tree Sap"

    Woodworking 12
    Lightning Crystal-
    Chesnut Log x1
    Maple Sugar x1

    a Desynth Recipe? (Meaning, like 90% Fail rate and random as shit HQs) or is it a normal recipe simply using a Thunder crystal?

    Edit: I only ask cause ive done 10 Synths including 4 Fails, 4NQs, and 2HQs with 73+4 Woodworking >.> (Advanced Synth + Apron) and curious if its either FAIL luck or because its a Desynth Rec.

    Edit2: Clearly a random ass recipe but im leaning toward normal Synth. did 8HQs, 5NQs, 4 fails in the end, guess i just had terrible ass luck..

  15. #395
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    58
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    And ZM kings are out of the question. Everything but Day 1 turtle is pretty much bot-claimed and I don't feel like waiting 3 hours. I could probably look into some of the VNMs I guess like the T2 fairies..
    T2 VNM is probably the way to go. Considering low competition, Shaggoth and Skuld came to my mind.

    You can even try VT imps/soulflayers on the way to Khimaira if you're feeling lazy.

  16. #396
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    40
    BG Level
    1

    any tips for maximizing/capping stoneskin for my cor? no maats cap. thx~

  17. #397
    rog
    rog is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,874
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    any tips for maximizing/capping stoneskin for my cor? no maats cap. thx~
    Neptunes/reign grip/jasper tath
    denali, gorget, mamool, communion
    blood, af+1, karka, mnd+5 ring
    royal army mantle, sothic, prince's, denali

    Subsitutes are denali hands (4 mnd), raptor+1, whatever that mnd+1 earring is called, any mnd+5 neck, etc.

    Should be best you can get, without augments, with +56. You need 145 mnd to cap.

  18. #398
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    any tips for maximizing/capping stoneskin for my cor? no maats cap. thx~
    Find the max Enhancing magic gear and max MND gear for COR using FFXIAH. If the Enhancing magic gear is 3x the MND gear, use that. Otherwise, use the MND gear.

  19. #399
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    436
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    Okay, I have some nub questions, which I hope people can help me with.

    i) In what situations is the Hecate's Cape more suitable for nuking on BLM than, say, Ixion Cape?
    Hecate's Cape is only better on GA3 and AM2 for a blm with a decent MAB set. As blm at puddings AM2 would do 14 points more damage than ixion cape but do 1 point less on both T4 and T3. Ixion/Gleeman may also provide more macc in typical skill/resist gear sets against certain high int HNM (Tiamat, Ouryu, Kirin) but it will vary based on your gear/race/merits.

    It is definitely the best Rdm nuking cape in all situations though. Rdm will be nuking in enough int to reach dINT +10 on everything before counting the back piece meaning hecate's will provide more accuracy (based on the assumption that below dINT +10 1int = 1macc and above 2int = 1macc).

  20. #400
    The Spooniest of Bards
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,676
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Does anyone know if Enmity down merits also translate to avatars? My carbuncle seems to be awful at keeping hate. >.<

Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Random Question Thread V: But does it 6-hit
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2688
    Last Post: 2009-12-28, 11:29
  2. Random Question Thread IV: ROCKY WINS
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1489
    Last Post: 2009-10-09, 08:55
  3. Randomer Question Thread
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8518
    Last Post: 2009-07-06, 14:22
  4. Random Question Thread
    By Rocl in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2934
    Last Post: 2008-01-17, 13:43
  5. [WoTG] Random question thread
    By Koyangi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 2008-01-02, 21:30