Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1505
  1. #941
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    72
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    How much STP is needed for the x-hit breakpoints with and without /SAM on the OAT Vengeance Scythe (528 Delay)?

  2. #942
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
    Nobody seems to know the the definitive answer on this and I'd really like to find it. What exactly is the best ws set for catastrophe? I've heard stacking attack is good and I know some people just use str. Nobody bothers with the modifiers so why exactly are the modifiers int and agi not helpful at all? If you stacked every piece of int and agi possible, would it not be good at all? Is there a certain ratio where str is better than agi or int? Like would 1 str be better or is it 2:1 or higher? Or is it really just better to stack the most attack possible?

    If you had access to any piece of equipment, what would be the absolute best catastrophe ws set? I'd also really like to know the reasons why also. Thanks.

    Cata damage doesn't change much. I"ve tried to stack AGI INT to the moon and it sucked. Just stack STR or DA and get attack from buffs/food. I use Full Ares for merit lvl mobs and full STR for HNM.

  3. #943
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    412
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Know which hole this is? That zone has a million of them.
    Might be a bit late, but I climbed up the mountain and to the slope past Jorm. Windower's fillmode will show you where the holes on the slope are. I used the one on the left when facing down the mountain.

    There were 6 mindgazers back there that I remember. They respawn every 5 minutes and there are plenty of safe places to rest. The worst part was climbing up the mountain.

  4. #944
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Okay, potentially a very stupid question incoming:

    I've decided to reactivate and play again for a bit to see how the June update pans out. I want to buy the 2 other Addon expansions (Moogle Kupo d'Etat and Shantotto Ascension); on the playonline menu though it very explicitly states that I'll only be buying the download codes from there and not the files. Where do I download the files from then? Will they already be on my machine since I'm fully updated or do I have to download them from elsewhere? There are no download links anywhere on the SE site (that I can find)!

    Cheers~

  5. #945
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,033
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    tried to extend my ID's, i noticed that today and tommorow and day after are dotted with various maints, but it's currently not one. yet i can't activate, getting:

    "server busy or payment info is wrong"

    been same card for 3years (card still valid)

    so is it SE, or me somehow?
    still having this problem, anyone else? EU POL/account change extend to reactivate now

  6. #946
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,828
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Nermie View Post
    Can anyone recommend a lowman strategy for getting Nemain's Cuffs (Morrigan's Cuffs lvl 15 item) from Porrogo Madame floor Third Floor North?

    Possible chars:
    Main: RDM, WHM, RNG, DRK
    Mule 1: WHM, BRD, SMN, BLM
    Mule 2: SAM, NIN, RNG, THF

    Assume all appropriate subjobs, gear, merits, etc.
    RDM BRD SAM should be able to clear the 3F frog within the time limit with zero problems, especially if the RDM has Phalanx 2.

  7. #947
    BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    498
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Okay, potentially a very stupid question incoming:

    I've decided to reactivate and play again for a bit to see how the June update pans out. I want to buy the 2 other Addon expansions (Moogle Kupo d'Etat and Shantotto Ascension); on the playonline menu though it very explicitly states that I'll only be buying the download codes from there and not the files. Where do I download the files from then? Will they already be on my machine since I'm fully updated or do I have to download them from elsewhere? There are no download links anywhere on the SE site (that I can find)!

    Cheers~
    If I remember right, you only have to buy the codes, then register them, and that should be that. The very worst that would happen is that when you go to play, it will prompt you to download updates like usual.

  8. #948
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Ah, cheers; also this version update is constantly hanging on Downloading 2.dat. I got my sister to send me what she believes is the offending .dat file and I got past that :D

    ... now it's hanging on Installing 2.dat.

    FML

  9. #949
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    There any reason to hang onto an Imperial Bow?


    EDIT: Actually, while we're at it- what about Karasuageh or Kosetsusamonji?

  10. #950
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    964
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I seem to recall a thread on lowman omega/ultima a while ago mentioning using drk/nin tanks for absorb-tp. We did an omega the other day and neither drk managed to land a single absorb-tp the entire time. Neither of us have dark merits or perfect gear, but we were using decent dark skill/macc sets and pluto's. Does absorb-tp actually work on omega at all? Only with dark seal?

  11. #951
    Ksandra's other pussy
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    413
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Tingil Conran
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    still having this problem, anyone else? EU POL/account change extend to reactivate now
    You can't reactivate a content ID on the first of the month.

  12. #952
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,033
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    actually just fixed it.

    had to re-enter the exact same info, from same card i used for 3 years, except change it from Switch to Visa.

    it's worked as Switch for over 3 years (yes card still valid)

    anyway, reactivated and fixed, none the wiser.

  13. #953
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,674
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    I seem to recall a thread on lowman omega/ultima a while ago mentioning using drk/nin tanks for absorb-tp. We did an omega the other day and neither drk managed to land a single absorb-tp the entire time. Neither of us have dark merits or perfect gear, but we were using decent dark skill/macc sets and pluto's. Does absorb-tp actually work on omega at all? Only with dark seal?
    it resists very frequently on omega and sticks are for <10 tp

    it sticks reliably on ultima and will get capped returns most of the time

    Omega has very low tp to begin with, on a good fight it'll only get one tp move before 25%. Ultima has significantly higher, but due to absorb-tp working so much better you can still prevent all tp moves until <20%. Absorb-TP is still an adequate hate spell, so resists aren't such a bad thing. It's still a benefit over the course of the fight.

    However, this isn't the main appeal of DRK/NIN tanks. Most lowman strategies involve zerging the last 20% of ultima/last 25% of omega. If you're using 2 DRKs as your tanks, you cut 2 needed people out, as they can simply swap to zerg gear at 25%.

  14. #954
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    538
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    tried to extend my ID's, i noticed that today and tommorow and day after are dotted with various maints, but it's currently not one. yet i can't activate, getting:

    "server busy or payment info is wrong"

    been same card for 3years (card still valid)

    so is it SE, or me somehow?
    You know my CC has is expiring next month and I have been trying to update my CC info the last few days. I have also been attempting to update my information; entering what I know the be correct (Im currently using that CC on a different account.) And I get this same message. I called SE up and they told me chances are Im simply using "Ave" instead of "Avenue" like my card company may have on file. I called up my CC company and asked them to spell out my address letter for letter, entered what I was told, and still got the same message. SE claims its my fault for inputting the wrong information; but Im nearly positive its an error on their side. :\

    Ill be calling back pretty soon; if I get through Ill let ya know.

  15. #955
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    214
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    How much stp do you need for various X-hit builds with runechopper? /Sam and otherwise.

  16. #956
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,033
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    504 delay, 8hit base. 5stp = 7hit
    22stp for a 6hit
    46stp for a 5hit

    /SAM is 15stp

  17. #957
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    506
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    I seem to recall a thread on lowman omega/ultima a while ago mentioning using drk/nin tanks for absorb-tp. We did an omega the other day and neither drk managed to land a single absorb-tp the entire time. Neither of us have dark merits or perfect gear, but we were using decent dark skill/macc sets and pluto's. Does absorb-tp actually work on omega at all? Only with dark seal?
    Reading this it reminds me of a recent fight where I tried like hell to land Blind on it. As RDM with pretty decent gear and from what you just said I'm starting to think it has high dark elemental resist. Even if it's true it's not very useful information...

  18. #958
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    504 delay, 8hit base. 5stp = 7hit
    22stp for a 6hit
    46stp for a 5hit

    /SAM is 15stp
    If you're using KJ or RR you can make pretend X-hits

    For a 7 hit you only need 3 STP for a 3/3 KJ/RR, 4 STP to make it 2/3.

    20 STP (/sam+rajas) gives you a 6 hit assuming you can land 3 hits per WS, add in brutal and you only need 2/3 hits.

    Basically any sam's roll can let you get a 5 hit, just need at least 49 STP for 3/3, which is basically anything but an unlucky.

    Were you to get a lucky sam's roll you could toss on rajas/brutal/rose/askar and get a 3/3 4 hit...

    Generally you want rajas/brutal and sub sam for a functioning 6 hit and then if you happen to have sam's roll that basically turns into a 5 hit. If you were going to go balls to the walls and change gear every 5 minutes depending on the corsair sub you could switch it up, but that's pretty obscene gear macroing even for FFXI.

  19. #959
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    465
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    What type of damage is quick draw for Evolith?

  20. #960
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    72
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoomie View Post
    How much STP is needed for the x-hit breakpoints with and without /SAM on the OAT Vengeance Scythe (528 Delay)?
    ^

Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Random Question Thread V: But does it 6-hit
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2688
    Last Post: 2009-12-28, 11:29
  2. Random Question Thread IV: ROCKY WINS
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1489
    Last Post: 2009-10-09, 08:55
  3. Randomer Question Thread
    By aurik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8518
    Last Post: 2009-07-06, 14:22
  4. Random Question Thread
    By Rocl in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2934
    Last Post: 2008-01-17, 13:43
  5. [WoTG] Random question thread
    By Koyangi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 2008-01-02, 21:30