Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 650

Thread: White Knight Chronicles 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #241
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,488
    BG Level
    6

    I'm new to the series, is the pre-order bonus worth it?

  2. #242
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Hard to say since no clue what stats the set gives, assuming it even give stats worth a damn and not just for looks, and it also depends on if you even plan to use Sword and Shield. As for looks, I'm sure its safe to assume its the same as Knight on cover of WKC Box, but could be wrong. Seems odd they're giving only Shield/Weapon/Helmet. I'll probably go for the Pre-Order bonus just to have it, though I won't use it at all I'm 100% sure, since its useless for me. If the stats on the Helmet is good I'll use that though!

  3. #243
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Unfortunately no. Basically, you can only play WKC2 based on the region you have now, ex: You need NA PSN and NA copy of WKC2 just to play, EU PSN and EU copy of WKC2 just to play and your saves won't be able to be imported either, unless your save is same region as your account. The reason why WKC2 is different now is due to to online code to play online, can only be registered on the region of the game and account. This fucked a lot of people over who have different region accounts and have NA version of WKC, they're now forced to start over pretty much.
    Even though I had the NA version of WKC, I do remember using my EU PSN account... but I figured the save file thing wouldn't work.

    That's alright though, I was only GR12 or 13, and I hear it's way easier to get GR15 or so in WKC2 so that shouldn't be a problem. Glad to hear about bows though, I was a bow main in WKC because they're badass.

  4. #244
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,250
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Hoooly shit avatar White Knight armor for a pre-order bonus. Fuck yes, don't care what the stats look like, town gear goooo

  5. #245
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Oh yeah, is there any reason to start from the beginning of WKC1 if you've already played it? Or should I start from the beginning of WKC2? I'm just wondering if I'll miss something if I don't considering I'm starting fresh.

  6. #246
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    If you've never played the first then by all means play it. I dunno if it recaps it at the starts of two but better safe than sorry. Doesn't take long to get through the first game so it shouldn't be a problem.

  7. #247
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    If you already played the first, I'd jump straight to two. You'll start out at lvl35 when you start up WKC2, even if you didn't play the first. You won't really miss much except a few guilders and some gear maybe, but guilders is easy to get in WKC2 along with the weapon/armor now. There is a trophy though for finishing the storyline in first one, but you can always do that later on a new avatar or whatever, it'll even go by much faster due to having WKC2 battle system. And yeah, definitely a lot easier to rank up now, friend did like 6 Resident quests I think, and he's GR5 already, and going by what my friends say who played JP WKC2, by the time you finish all resident quests and etc, you should be around GR12-15. Either way, getting to GR15 in WKC2 is still VERY quick, compared to getting GR15 in WKC.

  8. #248
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Holy shit, Bow is fucking amazing. I've only got the MP regen song, but it's basically free and combined with a mage I'm wrecking havoc. I'm thinking that with haste song I won't need the spell, and can just get Inspire and Fortify. What else do bow users (support) look for?

  9. #249
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Guy streaming

    http://www.justin.tv/jasix#/w/1327884240

    UK version was release early for them to polish the NA launch or what?

  10. #250
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Different publishers I hear.

  11. #251
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    so, is it dual audio for the EU version by any chance?

  12. #252
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Nope. Just English voices.

  13. #253
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    wonderful, i take it they took out the theme song for wkc2 like they did the first game too?

    i can only hope the story is at least half as retarded as the first one, but i suppose most of my time spent gonna be online anyway if i ever get it.

  14. #254
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I pretty much just play WKC for the online, and will be the same for WKC2. Just a few months away till its time to grind again! Still would've been nice to have a couple more new quests at launch... hopefully we get updates like JP do

    @Elcura: Some other good support bow skills to pick up are the all the songs of course, paralyze tip has its uses, the accuracy debuff shots are a MUST, Conceal is also a must as it boosts your EVA, which you'll need for Bow tanking later on, since Bow is pretty much the new tank now. You'll mostly be using MP recover song and acc debuff shot majority of time for support though. You might not be using inspire much, Axe is suppose to be giving their AoE atk boost. Oh yeah, and don't forget the favors, though they're obtained from resident quests.

  15. #255
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    wonderful, i take it they took out the theme song for wkc2 like they did the first game too?

    i can only hope the story is at least half as retarded as the first one, but i suppose most of my time spent gonna be online anyway if i ever get it.
    It sounds like the same English opening, but I never paid that much attention to the opening (having seen it a grand total of 2 times now).

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    @Elcura: Some other good support bow skills to pick up are the all the songs of course, paralyze tip has its uses, the accuracy debuff shots are a MUST, Conceal is also a must as it boosts your EVA, which you'll need for Bow tanking later on, since Bow is pretty much the new tank now. You'll mostly be using MP recover song and acc debuff shot majority of time for support though. You might not be using inspire much, Axe is suppose to be giving their AoE atk boost. Oh yeah, and don't forget the favors, though they're obtained from resident quests.
    Cool, I already have smoke shot, now I just need elemental tips for combos (I suppose... combos kinda suck this time around with all that AC cost).

    I suppose the main tank/set up is bow/axe/divine? Since bow already has a lot of good piercing and blunt options, should I take a couple of good slashing skills from axe? Assuming you can cross class skills, which I don't remember from WKC1.

  16. #256
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    So are the console WKC(s) vastly better than the PSP one for those of you that have played it? Never played 1 but was considering grabbing 2 at some point, but after playing the PSP version it is just... ugh, very bad.

  17. #257
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,250
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Different publishers I hear.
    More or less, game switched hands from SCEA to a third party at the last minute.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    So are the console WKC(s) vastly better than the PSP one for those of you that have played it? Never played 1 but was considering grabbing 2 at some point, but after playing the PSP version it is just... ugh, very bad.
    My understanding is that the console versions are superior across the board, but I never really got the chance to play the PSP one. Didn't look great to me though, having played the original.

  18. #258
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Cool, I already have smoke shot, now I just need elemental tips for combos (I suppose... combos kinda suck this time around with all that AC cost).

    I suppose the main tank/set up is bow/axe/divine? Since bow already has a lot of good piercing and blunt options, should I take a couple of good slashing skills from axe? Assuming you can cross class skills, which I don't remember from WKC1.
    You can still Dual-Spec in this one like you could with WKC, but 2 classes is like max you can do WKC2 now, since it relies more on SP this time around. In WKC, you could have 5 classes if you spent your SP wisely, but in WKC2, you'll mostly only be able to fit 2 max.

    Having Bow and Axe in WKC2 is the best Dual-Spec set up to have. Bow has great support, can tank and do damage, and it has tier 4/5 strike and tier 4 thrust, Axe has tier 4 thrust and slash, so you'll be able to cover all mob weakness this way, and you can easily switch between the two as well very quickly. Axe also has highest damage and can also do up to 9999 damage, though doing that high amount is very risky, but even without trigger low hp atk boost, Axe damage is still insane. I'm going Bow myself, then once I do my rebirths I'll Dual-Spec Bow/Mage.

    As for combos, yeah, pretty much. I don't know if they serve any use early on though, but later on when you start questing, they'll be next to useless(not sure if this applies for early GR questing either), best to just spam highest damaging skill.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    So are the console WKC(s) vastly better than the PSP one for those of you that have played it? Never played 1 but was considering grabbing 2 at some point, but after playing the PSP version it is just... ugh, very bad.
    WKC1/2 are better than the PSP version, the PSP version is pretty bad... I really don't know a single person who liked it at all, this coming from most people who love WKC1/2.

    Gameplay in WKC2 is a lot faster than it was in WKC, and WKC2 comes with the remastered WKC as well, so you can play WKC1 with WKC2 battle system. The main focus and replayability all comes from the online though, which is a big grind too, single player isn't that great to me.

  19. #259
    This isnt going so well guys.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,654
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Do you know if there is a vendor for axes in whatever the starting city WKC2 has? In WKC1 I was a spear/shield tank so I don't really have any axes made that are really good. I'm not sure if I should start WKC1 up again and make some Axes starting at lvl 35 and up to 50.

    Also does armor size/weight still change your attack speed?

  20. #260
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    WKC1/2 are better than the PSP version, the PSP version is pretty bad... I really don't know a single person who liked it at all, this coming from most people who love WKC1/2.

    Gameplay in WKC2 is a lot faster than it was in WKC, and WKC2 comes with the remastered WKC as well, so you can play WKC1 with WKC2 battle system. The main focus and replayability all comes from the online though, which is a big grind too, single player isn't that great to me.
    Good to know, I guess I'll think about grabbing 2 at some point when the price drops a bit.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. White Knight Chronicles: Origins(Dogma Wars)
    By Tobi in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2011-06-08, 22:18
  2. White Knight Chronicles: Hours Of Story, PSN Co-Op
    By Elvis in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 4313
    Last Post: 2010-12-30, 00:25
  3. White Knight
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2008-09-21, 17:55