lol i would talk about the germany game but there hasn't been much going on.
93 aces for isner lol o.o
GTFO with tennis.
Sorry to interrupt with a soccer related link ;o
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/wo...against_a.html
The picture is awesome lol
You guys could start a tennis thread! Then we could go there if we wanted to read about it.
To people from the USA: Has your view on football changed in general? Whenever I talked to an american a while back about it they'd be all "yeah noone here really cares", but you guys seem pretty excited about it. Grats on the win btw, definetly the best of the group. GL playing against the big boys.
Well, you have to remember that this is just a small amount of Americans that are excited. Sure you'll see stories where people jumped for joy, but as a whole.. I dunno if it'll change. I get excited about any events that include the entire world (Olympic hockey, the World Cup, etc).. but will I start watching the MLS? Or other random soccer matches? Honestly.. probably not.
I can't speak for all Americans, but I played soccer for half my life so I always pay attention to at least the World Cup.
MLS quality is not good enough for Americans to get excited tbh
Pretty sure most people will agree with Akiyama... although European leagues are being shown on TV now (the Champions Leauge final was on Fox here in the US, one of the biggest networks) but if there's no national pride involved and Americans aren't winning, most people here aren't interested.
It's like what I said on my site, nobody gave a damn here about cycling until Lance Armstrong starting winning the Tour de France over and over again. It will be the same with soccer / football here. We either need to do extremely well in the World Cup repeatedly or basically develop our own Ronaldo or Messi for people to even remotely care.
NICE SHOT germany!!!
Nice goal from Germany.
goal germany
one of the best shot in the WC so far
Thats part of the problem yeah. MLS is (no offense) shit. Most of the players in the US squad actually play in the English Premiership/Serie A/Bundesliega and La Liga. They don't get to see any of that action at home. It's as Aki says, they will get excited about it come the World Cup and if they manage to win a game or two. But aside from that you will probably just continue to watch your own sports that are based at home.
Pretty much the responses you got already, although MLS games are fun as hell to go to if you drink alot and sit in the fan sections. I almost got hit in the face with a flare at a Fire playoff game last year and fell off the bleacher I was standing on right behind the goal, after sneaking down there while security tried to stop a brawl on the fan deck... not to mention the line to get into the bathroom was out the door because of all the Mexicans smoking weed in the stalls! What's more exciting than that?