I am reeeeeeally hoping Mexico can pull off a win, but I don't have my hopes up.
I am reeeeeeally hoping Mexico can pull off a win, but I don't have my hopes up.
spain hands down and I hope we meet argentina @ semi-finals
Well, in my opinion it's pretty much the worst part of soccer there is.
I'm also the type that no matter how competitive shit was, I never tried to bend the rules or pull sneaky shit, so it's particularly objectionable to me.
You're right, though, it's not like the U.S. wouldn't have done exactly the same.
If England keep their cool and play well they should be able to out-play the younger, and slightly less experienced, German side.
If they let the England v Germany rivalry get the better of them you're looking at a really scrappy match which could go either way.
If England lose though they won't get much of a media shitstorm (compared to almost going out in the group stages). Media will just pull a "those bloody Germans" like every other time in recent World Cup history.
Dude England "should" be able to outplay anyone in the tournament, unfortunately they're not a team so Germany is going to shit all over them. I'm guessing 3-1 or even 3-0.
When (if) they pull together they can do well. If they can keep the form they had in their last match they shouldn't do too badly.
Germany's back line was a bit iffy in their last match, and I think they're missing one of their key midfielders to injury or cards?
Team with England's experience should be able to capitalize on that.
Mind you, Rooney hasn't hit form, Heskey hasn't hit the back of the net since like February for anyone, Defoe can't exactly push people off the ball, and Crouch has got fuck all screen time.
Then there's the midfielders straying out of position and a back line that seems to get a new defender each game.
I'm actually 50/50 on who could go on to the next stage. I'd bet on England's experience but they've not really hit form in the tourney and unless they do it tomorrow they won't get a second chance.
GG USA had the most intense matches in the World Cup this year for me. Ghana was really strong in both offensive and defensive so they deserve the win, however, the exaggerated injuries near the end to stall for time makes me quickly lose respect for them.
Yes, it is possible even USA would have done the same but it doesn't make it any less right. Didn't the USA coach mention something about those exaggerated/fake injuries the other day? Wasn't sure if it was him specifically or someone else.
At the very least, USA is getting better slowly each time. Just hope to live to see them get to the finals of a World Cup once or, hopefully, win it all XD
Back to rooting for latino teams in general with Argentina and Brazil at my top. I was named after Diego Maradona so was one reason XD
Ill be rooting for Argentina and Germany tomorrow.
I disagree with this.. i dont think there is a better team than germany for england to have to play coming out of their dreadful group stage qualifying, i expect they are going to play as a team because of all the history this fixture has for them.. its an england win for me, and i hope that it ends up that way for them! I hope they go all the way![]()
Unlucky USA tho, really wanted to see you guys qualify![]()
Same!
I see Germany-England ending 0-0 and Germany winning in penalties. (this game is gonna be boring as hell, hope i am wrong!)
Usa did a good tournament, since 1994 Usa level has been going up, well i think 2002? (or was 98 team was best i saw of them.
Argentina is gonna have a hard time to beat Mexico but they should do it, something i have always liked of mexican teams is they never give up till the last second, that game tomorrow is going to be very exciting.
Tomorrow I become a Mexican and a German.
I hate Maradona so much it makes me root for the other team, as for England I don't hate them, I've always liked them but I just don't like how Capello makes his teams play.
Stalling for time is against the rules actually if it's really flagrant. As a matter of fact, US players got yellow carded for it in 2002 after they scored some early goals against Portugal in the group phase. (OH THE IRONY)
Changing tactics and playing defensively is not against the rules, however, nor is it unsportsmanlike, since doing the opposite is nothing but playing to lose.
Damn, too bad the US messed up yet again during the first extra over time. It ruined the carne azada ;/
Anyway, I don't think I can watch the game tomorrow, I'll probably get a heart attack ;x
Yeah, was thinking the same thing.
Germany is the perfect team to wake England up. However, their side of the bracket is potentially horrific, perhaps having to get through Argentina/Spain/Portugal in addition to Germany. Then get to look forward to Brazil or Holland in the final.
This is one biggest things that turns me off from soccer/football, ive always said players dnt get payed to play but payed to act, some of them drop down like lil bitchs and start crying over nothing, i personily feel if the ref thinks a player is playing up for a free kick, the free kick shld go to the other team.
A lot of people are pushing for referee's to get to watch video-replay's whenever they're in doubt about a decision. I can't even imagine how hard/ungrateful it must be to make these decisions right now in front of 50,000 fanatics and millions more watching at home. Especially with so many players just flopping whenever they get touched in the slightest.
The thing is they have tried the video-replay option before. It didn't stick.
Think about how it would break up the flow of the game.
Any time wasted by players practicing for the beach or diving board gets replaced or made worse by some dude in a booth checking however many camera angles to determine if there was a foul and how much malice was behind it, and if you end up with the same call the ref made you just wasted however many minutes.
Between regular stoppages for fouls, time-wasters, and checking video-replays the games would drag out forever.
One or two refs have been good about time-wasters though.
Forget what match it was but some dude went down clutching his leg and the ref pretty much told him that if he wanted treatment he had to leave the field of play and he got right up when he realised he wasn't buying any time.
Besides, the heartbreak and venom the fans experience from bad or missed calls is just as much a part of the game as putting the ball in the net.
Maybe teams just need to hire real men to play the beautiful game instead of all these little girls.