Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 2346

Thread: Nintendo 3DS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #301
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Nintendo doing what they do best, re-releasing old games on new platforms lol

  2. #302
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    You guys are already september 1 or what I cannot download them lol (yes im an ambassador)

  3. #303
    3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    328
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Eastern time zone here, so still the 31st. Just have to go to settings, your downloads and they were al there (on the eShop).

  4. #304
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Thanks :D

  5. #305
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Mine weren't there


    Scratch that....just rechecked.

    Yay!

  6. #306
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  7. #307
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    9.0 for a rehash of a 14 year old game... really?

  8. #308
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    398
    BG Level
    4

    Why anyone is excited about 10 free NES games is beyond me. These games have been playable on just about any electronics device (dozens of portables included) released in the last decade.

  9. #309
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Im not excited one bit, but its better then nothing but 80$ wasted. I completely regret getting one after hearing about how strong the line up for the vita is and even one of my personal favorite games being made for it (P4). Ive never really regretted buying a game/system, but i regret buying the 3ds ;<.

  10. #310
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by takethistoyourgrave View Post
    Why anyone is excited about 10 free NES games is beyond me. These games have been playable on just about any electronics device (dozens of portables included) released in the last decade.
    I am not, the ambassador program is pritty bullshit for me, every game they announced either doesnt interest me at all, I have in some form, or I have played it allready alot. So yeah still feel unsatisfied ¬.¬

  11. #311
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Maybe I'll finally get a chance to play these zelda and mario games when nintendo goes 3rd party.

    And Babiez, can't forget Babiez.

  12. #312
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Genuinely curious for the people who don't like the Ambassador program.

    What would you have done instead from a business standpoint and not from what you personally want?

  13. #313
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,114
    BG Level
    10

    Apple gave a $100 rebate when they pulled a move similar to what Nintendo did; not saying Nintendo should/could have done that, but that is a good example of something done right.

    Releasing a bunch of games people have already played to death or can be acquired through 5 minutes of googling isn't exactly going to win the hearts of many. Personally, I would have loved to see a rebate for a new(er) release, perhaps a voucher for points for their Nintendo estore. Sure, you could turn around and use that voucher to buy a lot of these games, but you could also use it to buy something you really want and not a bunch of games you probably aren't all that interested in to begin with.

    It's pretty obvious why they didn't do that though, and because of it you get a lot of people like on these forums that are just "Whatevs" about this ambassador program.

  14. #314
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    My original DS has hundreds of NES, SNES and Genesis games on it. It cost me 10 bucks to buy the ability to play them all, and takes roughly 15 seconds to load them up. Every one of those games are also on every PC I own, even the shittiest old laptop from years gone by.

    If Nintendo makes money off of this venture, more power to them, but to anyone that traffics BG getting all excited about this, I can only chuckle a little.

  15. #315
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Apple gave a $100 rebate when they pulled a move similar to what Nintendo did; not saying Nintendo should/could have done that, but that is a good example of something done right.

    Releasing a bunch of games people have already played to death or can be acquired through 5 minutes of googling isn't exactly going to win the hearts of many. Personally, I would have loved to see a rebate for a new(er) release, perhaps a voucher for points for their Nintendo estore. Sure, you could turn around and use that voucher to buy a lot of these games, but you could also use it to buy something you really want and not a bunch of games you probably aren't all that interested in to begin with.

    It's pretty obvious why they didn't do that though, and because of it you get a lot of people like on these forums that are just "Whatevs" about this ambassador program.
    this sums it pritty much up.

  16. #316
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    398
    BG Level
    4

    I would have hoped for the difference ($80 in the States, I think) in Nintendo credit --- A voucher spendable on any (Nintendo published?) 3DS game, or something like that. It would be smart because it is of $80 value to the customer but wouldn't cost Nintendo nearly $80 per customer in the end.

  17. #317
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I won't lie, I got pretty excited for the 3DS but the longer I hold onto it, the longer I'm like damn...

    I got OOT and sold it back after a week of playing it. The game is stunning as hell even though it's the same game and if you can get your hands on it, I'd recommend it. However, being that I played the game to shit and back as a kid, I sold the game after a week since I could careless about Master Quest and a boss mode when all the bosses are easy as shit to exploit.

    Was thinking about picking up Star Fox 3DS but then I thought about it and I felt it'd be the same thing I went through with OOT. It'll be a stunning game that brings back lotsa nostalgia. However, I also played that game to shit and back as a kid so nothing'll really be new or challenging for me. I thought them not having online multiplayer would be an issue but in hindsight, Star Fox's multiplayer would probably suffer being online. Playing with total strangers would get old real quick because it's not like the multiplayer was deep. You couldn't even really call it shallow, that's how simplistic it was.

    The ambassador program was cool for me because I don't really pirate games. I don't have some stick-up-my ass reason for it, I'm just not crazy about video games like I was when I was a kid. However, I'd rather play the GBA games now than the NES games. I left my NES days in the past where they belong. It's only fun to revisit if you're just one of those people who only likes retro shit, and even then, the selection isn't all that great. If they gave me Super Mario 3 and some Contra, I would've been dickriding the shit out of Nintendo.

    Thinking about it now, I just kinda want my money back to put towards a PS Vita. The only games I'm looking forward to on the 3DS as of right now is Mario Kart 7 and Resident Evil Revelations. There are rumors that RE Revelations might be ported to the Vita and if that's true, I'd rather play RE on a game with superior graphics only because I personally feel RE is one of those series that becomes more immersive the better the graphics (assuming there's any notable difference).

  18. #318
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,114
    BG Level
    10

    And now you've hit the reason so many people are hating on the 3DS, and can't wait to see the Vita.

  19. #319
    hey
    hey is offline
    listen!
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,234
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Just got around to picking up my 3ds. Played through the deku tree in zelda, and really the 3d effects are actually pretty cool. Nothing amazing or anything, but i expected them to be entirely pointless and add nothing of value, but really it is kind of cool.

    Normally i wouldn't buy a console for a single game, but really, i play my ds all the time, so the upgrade is still nice for the older games. It's lighter, more comfortable, and even has a longer battery life than my olde ds had. Not to mention the screen is brigher, and really it's just cooler. It's also nice to have an web browser in my pocket since my phone can't. Overall i think it was $130 well spent, even if i bought it more because it's an upgraded ds than because it's a 3ds.

  20. #320
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,114
    BG Level
    10

    Whatttt? You get better battery life?

Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nintendo 3DS
    By Vade in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 2011-07-05, 13:44
  2. Nintendo Announces DS Successor ~ 3DS (Backwards Compatible)
    By MoogleAura in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 2010-06-17, 11:17
  3. Nintendo DS Friends List
    By Xavier in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 2010-01-02, 16:27