Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1181 to 1200 of 2346

Thread: Nintendo 3DS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1181
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Luigi's Mansion 2 and Castlevania seem like good guesses... I'll be waiting for Castlevania now =o

  2. #1182
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,557
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


    http://www.shonenjump.com/j/45th/collaboration.html
    Shonen Jump x Monster Hunter 4 collaboration costumes

  3. #1183
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

    http://www.shonenjump.com/j/45th/collaboration.html
    Shonen Jump x Monster Hunter 4 collaboration costumes
    any clue where is armor is from? (they normally theme it after an anime or manga)

  4. #1184
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Nintendo 3DS

    That is just the new Pirate set right? Was it ever from anything specific? Looks so badass...

  5. #1185
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    119
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Arietta Scarlet
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Isn't jump logo some kind of mustached pirate? at least i remember playing a DS game where it had that logo found it.

  6. #1186
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    the pirate switch axe was due to jump i believe

  7. #1187
    "Jammin'!"
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Oi, regarding MH3U - is there a comparison of content compare to Tri's offline mode?

    Anyone ever give Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Cities a shot? How's it compare to other entries? Also, is there a RF game or new HM entry out soon?

  8. #1188
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    BG Level
    6

    I heard HM:Tale of Two Cities sucked bad. However HM:A New Beginning came out recently for 3DS alone. I've been playing it and it is pretty solid title with a lot of customization.

  9. #1189
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    Oi, regarding MH3U - is there a comparison of content compare to Tri's offline mode?
    the game is meant to be a lot more like the online mode (in the case of how many missions you can do) it seems its a copy just online mode is "harder" so expect lots of quest to hunt down the world of monsters! (Dragons!!!!)

  10. #1190
    "Jammin'!"
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    the game is meant to be a lot more like the online mode (in the case of how many missions you can do) it seems its a copy just online mode is "harder" so expect lots of quest to hunt down the world of monsters! (Dragons!!!!)
    Online mode in offline form was what I was hoping for, at the very least. Yay!

    Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I heard HM:Tale of Two Cities sucked bad. However HM:A New Beginning came out recently for 3DS alone. I've been playing it and it is pretty solid title with a lot of customization.
    Oh? Didn't know they had a second title for the 3DS already. Loved 64 the most, Snimal Parade was a close second (at least the most stable in my book.) so if it's anything like either I'll pick it up. Tyvm.

  11. #1191
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    Oh? Didn't know they had a second title for the 3DS already. Loved 64 the most, Snimal Parade was a close second (at least the most stable in my book.) so if it's anything like either I'll pick it up. Tyvm.
    I haven't actually played either of those two so I can't say how much like them it is. My most played and favorite was probably Friends of Mineral Town. Anyways here is a kind of "guide" if you want to see what this one offers. It's incomplete but should give a decent idea. http://fogu.com/hm11/

  12. #1192
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,250
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo View Post
    Oi, regarding MH3U - is there a comparison of content compare to Tri's offline mode?

    Anyone ever give Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Cities a shot? How's it compare to other entries? Also, is there a RF game or new HM entry out soon?
    There's a new RF game on the 3DS, yeah. Rune Factory 4, came out in Japan in July (if memory serves). They haven't said anything about English localized versions yet.

  13. #1193
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,740
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Finally got me some games :D

    Played Zelda for a little bit, and had trouble with the 3d effects. I don't know if it's the game, or it's just me (in general, my eyes suck, and I get headaches very easy from certain games, usually ones with awkward 3d camera movement, for a lack of a better description) Sometimes I would get it positioned to where the 3d would work and I would go "cool, it's working", but it's hard to keep my hands still for prolonged periods of time, so I eventually move and I'm back to the start.

    I don't really mind playing with 3d off, as that was what I originally planned on doing, but I'm just wondering if it's just me, or if it's the game and other games do 3d better, or what.

  14. #1194
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Re: Nintendo 3DS

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Finally got me some games :D

    Played Zelda for a little bit, and had trouble with the 3d effects. I don't know if it's the game, or it's just me (in general, my eyes suck, and I get headaches very easy from certain games, usually ones with awkward 3d camera movement, for a lack of a better description) Sometimes I would get it positioned to where the 3d would work and I would go "cool, it's working", but it's hard to keep my hands still for prolonged periods of time, so I eventually move and I'm back to the start.

    I don't really mind playing with 3d off, as that was what I originally planned on doing, but I'm just wondering if it's just me, or if it's the game and other games do 3d better, or what.
    The 3d always hurt my eyes, so ive played with it off since the week I.purchased the 3ds

  15. #1195
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,250
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Finally got me some games :D

    Played Zelda for a little bit, and had trouble with the 3d effects. I don't know if it's the game, or it's just me (in general, my eyes suck, and I get headaches very easy from certain games, usually ones with awkward 3d camera movement, for a lack of a better description) Sometimes I would get it positioned to where the 3d would work and I would go "cool, it's working", but it's hard to keep my hands still for prolonged periods of time, so I eventually move and I'm back to the start.

    I don't really mind playing with 3d off, as that was what I originally planned on doing, but I'm just wondering if it's just me, or if it's the game and other games do 3d better, or what.
    Some games do it better than others, but generally speaking you're not missing much by turning it off. There's a couple games that put it to good use to create depth in the environments, but (and this is personally), I've never done much other than go "oh that's kind of neat" and turn it off on the majority of games.

  16. #1196
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    932
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I can't use the 3d and hold the system at all, I move around way too much. I usually just turn on the 3d for cut-scenes.

  17. #1197
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Finally got me some games :D

    Played Zelda for a little bit, and had trouble with the 3d effects. I don't know if it's the game, or it's just me (in general, my eyes suck, and I get headaches very easy from certain games, usually ones with awkward 3d camera movement, for a lack of a better description) Sometimes I would get it positioned to where the 3d would work and I would go "cool, it's working", but it's hard to keep my hands still for prolonged periods of time, so I eventually move and I'm back to the start.

    I don't really mind playing with 3d off, as that was what I originally planned on doing, but I'm just wondering if it's just me, or if it's the game and other games do 3d better, or what.
    Yeah, it depends on the game, usually the 3d effect is ok, but sometimes it gets... blurry... or ghosty... or w/e the technical term is, especially when there's a black background.

    Of course it could just be me lol.

  18. #1198
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I found watching the Cutscenes and playing MGS 3 on the 3DS was quite well done in 3D. Its easy for me to position it right because I generally lay down when playing. If i move too much, I'll turn it off. I usually kept it on for Cutscenes, But turned it off otherwise.

    it is pretty neat, The only game i saw that took advantage of using the 3D Effect to actually augment the game was one of the Mario Brothers games i played. Some of the Special rooms had boxes laid out, in normal mode, it just looked like boxes, in 3D, you could see a path and tell where to jump.

  19. #1199
    green jellybean
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,024
    BG Level
    6
    Blog Entries
    3

    Animal parade and then Back to Nature are my favorites. I realize I have a harvest moon problem at this point I try to at least check them out as an exercise.
    I always play with 3d off it bugs out my eyes

    I picked up HM: A new beginning and it looks really good so far! The big feature they added was letting you build and rearrange the layout of various buildings and decorations. So you need to collect wood to build homes and chicken coops and then you can lay it out, similar to the interior space in animal parade. You start out with a very limited number of townsfolk who then grow as you continue to build buildings which is a bit frustrating but its not as bad as islands of happiness. Some people have complained because they changed the cooking mechanic to require you to purchase recipes and then it auto-makes the item for you -- personally I like the more stream-lined approach. I'm at like summer 1 though :/ need to find more time to play...

    I personally hated tale of two towns, Being forced to choose one style of farming didn't sit well with me, and I didn't enjoy having to run up the mountain for the other half of the town and the characters were more insipid than normal. They did copy the same wilderness mechanic as tale of two towns but I think that was a good choice, although there isn't a whole lot of purpose to collecting bugs.

  20. #1200
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,715
    BG Level
    10

    Okay, I think when Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate drops I might have to actually buy this system. Happened with the Gameboys, happened with the DS, and now these assholes plan on doing it again with the 3DS. I'm such a sucker for anything Castlevania...

    Can anyone make a list of relatively good games out for it currently? Like top five or whatever I should take a look at? I don't give a shit about any of Nintendo's first party titles.

Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nintendo 3DS
    By Vade in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 2011-07-05, 13:44
  2. Nintendo Announces DS Successor ~ 3DS (Backwards Compatible)
    By MoogleAura in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 2010-06-17, 11:17
  3. Nintendo DS Friends List
    By Xavier in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 2010-01-02, 16:27