People really gonna try that?
People really gonna try that?
I still don't see the appeal of this Gateway thing, It's not even remotely comparable to what I have on my PSP2000, You can't put your games on a SD card, to make them load faster, increase the battery life because the thing doesn't have to read an UMD, can run emulators/homebrew/patched roms, it's region free...
This? It looks cumbersome having to switch a little microsd card everytime you want to switch games, you lose access to the eShop/Digital games/online capabilities, it doesn't run anything that your console doesn't aldready run, including keeping the region lock, you can't play any games that require a higher FW than 4.5.0... The games that I want that are already out/playable I already have them (not that there are THAT many) and to end it all, they're asking for eighty fucking bucks for that shit? lol no.
Plus I like my games in physical form if possible.
Call me again when they do something like a PSP CFW, then I'd be very much interested.
It's the very first device for the 3ds, of course it's going to be mediocre at best. The good parts are the things to come, once this gets released and dissected.
And you can be assured that chances are you will need to be on <4.5 for the foreseeable future.
Surprised this wasn't posted
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-sues-modd...ium=Socialflow
Overpriced and shitty anyway.
Yeaaa... It's still shakey at best. Wouldn't get one yet until they have ways to fix it after an update because this system is more dependant on eshops.
That means no games that are <4.5 either, from what I know they can't strip the updates from the games like they did with the PSP because it's inside the encrypted partition and a single bit change voids the digital signature, meaning if they can do it they're able to break the encryptation and should also be able to make a cart for that firmware/run unsigned code.
I might be wrong tho, not really into the scene that much.
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Sorry, meant to say >4.5, not <4.5
Almost every game released today requires a FW 4.5 or lower, Dream Team already asks you to install 5.1 and I'm pretty sure Pokemon, Zelda and other big hitters coming this fall will require 5.1 or higher. Unless they can break through what's keeping them at 4.5.0 that means no new games for the gateway, plus no AA5 since it's digital only.
Oh, ok. Yeah, anything over 4.5 isn't likely to happen. The main exploit used was fixed after that. Still, at this time, i believe there is only one game that requires firmware over 4.5.
shutupandtakemymoney.png
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18yf.../ku-bigpic.gif
2DS announced
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663729
Nintendo announced the 2DS today, a new entry-level handheld system. The 2DS will be available for $129.99 on October 12th (the same day as Pokemon X and Y) and features a slate-like design rather than the clamshell seen on DS and 3DS models.
The 2DS is fully compatible with all 3DS and DS games but does not include the ability to display games in 3D. It still features all the functionality of 3DS (WiFi, local multiplayer, etc.) and can be put to sleep using a slider that replicates closing the clamshell on a standard 3DS. WiFi can still be turned off, though it’s done via controls in the software rather than with a physical switch.
haha wut
![]()
I just scoffed to myself at that... thing.
This is way too late for an April Fools joke... Wow lol