Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 402

Thread: Broke or Changed 6/21     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #281
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Haste overwrites Slow 1. Haven't you ever seen someone use Haste (instead of Erase) to remove Slow from someone? It's well-established and nothing new.
    I was referring to instances where slow overwrites the haste buff. I was asking whether there is an instance where player's slow can overwrite a mob's haste similar to how spiders do that in XP PTs.

  2. #282
    Konda
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Limlight View Post
    maybe i had bad luck in my merit party, but CS seem borked. I'm barely countering.
    same here...

    I noticed it 1st limbus the day after lv80, and again today when xping to 80....

    It seems like you dont counter when casting utsus?

  3. #283
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    Maybe been asked and this maybe old and I've never noticed it because I don't dispel mobs that don't need dispelling (aside from HNMs, but my enfeeblings been capped on that shit).

    Anyways, I noticed today I was getting skillups by dispelling mobs with no buffs. Is that normal? New? Old?
    Its always been like that, just like how you can skill up healing by curing someone that don't need curing, or -na'ing someone that don't need na's, or getting resisted/no effecting on all enfeebles.

    I don't remember skill ups ever being this slow though, but then again, last time I skilled up on RDM or WHM was like 8 years ago or something... I've been spamming Banish and Flash, and I still only get like 1 lvl/hr :/

  4. #284
    Burninate all the things.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,356
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Konda View Post
    same here...

    I noticed it 1st limbus the day after lv80, and again today when xping to 80....

    It seems like you dont counter when casting utsus?
    Counter rate decrease? Possible. About as likely as Ridill drop rate increase, though.

    I can definitely counter while casting Utsusemi, though =/ and have been able to counter plenty both with and without Perfect Counter on.

  5. #285
    Jak
    Jak is offline
    [2012: Year of the Whore]
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,133
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Its always been like that, just like how you can skill up healing by curing someone that don't need curing, or -na'ing someone that don't need na's, or getting resisted/no effecting on all enfeebles.

    I don't remember skill ups ever being this slow though, but then again, last time I skilled up on RDM or WHM was like 8 years ago or something... I've been spamming Banish and Flash, and I still only get like 1 lvl/hr :/
    Same, tbh. Everything has been capped for so long I guess I forgot or never realized. I mean how often do you spam dispel/cure/-na on people while XPing who don't need it?

    Anyways, yay for capped enfeebling in one hour. I just went to M. Coast, slept one of those VT vultures, and went to town on it. Slow as fuck but it gets the job done on Rdm.

    Also, for anyone looking for a good skillup place.. the wamoura princes in mount Z. still con DC/EM/T at 80. I was getting skillups at 300.

  6. #286
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,267
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    All pets, NPCs, Wyverns, Avatars, are randomly losing their names above their head.

    i posted a picture of what i meant earlier, but it seems widespread.

    and no, its not /names.

    I notice it all the time =(

  7. #287
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    Did our first CoP dynamis since the update today (Valk) and noticed we had 2 icons instead of 1 before subjobs got unlocked. We had the normal no subjob icon but also a level cap icon. Nobody was actually capped down however, and both icons went away after the flies were killed.

  8. #288
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,304
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ View Post
    Did our first CoP dynamis since the update today (Valk) and noticed we had 2 icons instead of 1 before subjobs got unlocked. We had the normal no subjob icon but also a level cap icon. Nobody was actually capped down however, and both icons went away after the flies were killed.
    Had that one happen in Qufim to me the other night now you come to mention it.

  9. #289
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I noticed a very large Macc boost on low levels mobs but i chocked it up to bad luck.

    Looks like it might be more widespread than i thought

    Edit: Of note, every fucking Debuff used on me by those Promyvion mobs when i was farming landed, promyvion bume, the paralyze TP move, etc etc
    Did you have any -resist stats at the time? I know people love to LOL at them, but even a -1 can let some scrub mob enfeeble you. Knowing this is also why I wasn't creaming my pants over the Haste belt found in the DATs with all the negative stats. Might be situationally useful, sure, but in general I think it'd hurt more than help unless all you do is fight colibri.

  10. #290
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Since people are talking about magic accuracy, I just noticed something, not really sure if new, but have barspells always been super effective in campaign?

    Was doing Beaucedine, fighting gnats that kept slowing everyone every 5 seconds, which overwrote haste, so I put up barstone and actually resisted at least 90% of them... Same in Jugner, was fighting tigers, put up barparalyze and barblizzard, resisted all of them out of 20 roars or so, while everyone around me was getting paralyze spammed. Skeles in beaucedine I used barblind, this one actually only worked about 50% of the time though.

    idk, I never actually bothered with these in campaign, but they seem really broken <.< not sure if intentional/always been like that/actually broken everywhere including outside campaign/whatever.

    edit: this was at lv76 rdm

  11. #291
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,841
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Did you have any -resist stats at the time? I know people love to LOL at them, but even a -1 can let some scrub mob enfeeble you. Knowing this is also why I wasn't creaming my pants over the Haste belt found in the DATs with all the negative stats. Might be situationally useful, sure, but in general I think it'd hurt more than help unless all you do is fight colibri.
    ause:

    Derailing the thread a bit but if you think a 7% haste belt is going to "generally hurt more than help" because it lets low level mobs enfeeble you, you're an idiot. High level mobs like, you know, the ones people generally fight in 9 situations out of 10, are going to land enfeebles or nukes on you whether your resist is 0 or -50.

  12. #292
    Jak
    Jak is offline
    [2012: Year of the Whore]
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,133
    BG Level
    6

    Has anyone noticed an odd resist rate on en- spells? Tier1/Tier2 both are resisting about 25-30% of the time for me on all mobs ranging from TW-IT. I was fighting mobs in Cape Terrigan, Sky, Mount Z., Etc. and noticed en- spell T1 constantly hitting for 1-10 damage when they shouldn't. And yes, I made sure the mob wasn't strong against it, that there was no weather, and that it didn't go against the current vana'day.

  13. #293
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,430
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    So, it works like this imop:
    Magic Accuracy and Evasion are proportional to level, and if there's a level correction then that's proportional to level difference. Putting a barspell onto yourself increases your magical evasion to that element. Lower level monsters are fighting an uphill battle already, and an extra 120 magic evasion demolishes them. High level monsters are already ahead of you, so the Barspell is unlikely to floor their magical hit rate alone.

    Anyway, long story short is that low level monsters have always been owned by barspells, and Campaign Mobs possibly seem to be "more owned" by them due to people's levels going up.

    Bullwhip belt is more worrisome for the -50 HP than the -50 to each resist element, and it's not very worrisome there anyway. Think of Paladins without a resist set tanking Tiamat. His magical attacks are 100% accurate with or without Bomb Queen Ring, so they might as well use it.

    Edit: It just occurred to me that an interesting way to test the potential level correction would be to have a level 80 paladin tank Tiamat and see how much fire resist gear they could take off before they see a decrease in resist rate.

  14. #294
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    725
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Since people are talking about magic accuracy, I just noticed something, not really sure if new, but have barspells always been super effective in campaign?

    Was doing Beaucedine, fighting gnats that kept slowing everyone every 5 seconds, which overwrote haste, so I put up barstone and actually resisted at least 90% of them... Same in Jugner, was fighting tigers, put up barparalyze and barblizzard, resisted all of them out of 20 roars or so, while everyone around me was getting paralyze spammed. Skeles in beaucedine I used barblind, this one actually only worked about 50% of the time though.

    idk, I never actually bothered with these in campaign, but they seem really broken <.< not sure if intentional/always been like that/actually broken everywhere including outside campaign/whatever.

    edit: this was at lv76 rdm
    Campaign mobs are fairly low level: for example a simple barfire from whm or rdm subjob can help you resisting Shadoweye's nukes most of the times, even Suzy feet seem to be enough.
    I never actually bothered with bar-statuses, but seem they are just as effective.

  15. #295
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    bar-element stacked with bar-status has always been effective. I can usually resist Petrify most of the time with both of them on, be it Dynamis, Ouryu or otherwise. Its sad to see so few people actually realize how helpful they can be, because "lolresisttrait".

    I used to stack both barblizzara and barparalyzra on Byakko back in the days, and people resisted it a lot. I feel like I'm the only mage using barfira on imps even before baramnesra was added :/ Even if you don't flat-out resist it, it can still lower its duration, which is quite useful as there's no other way to remove it outside of that ring.

  16. #296
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,520
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    bar-element stacked with bar-status has always been effective. I can usually resist Petrify most of the time with both of them on, be it Dynamis, Ouryu or otherwise. Its sad to see so few people actually realize how helpful they can be, because "lolresisttrait".

    I used to stack both barblizzara and barparalyzra on Byakko back in the days, and people resisted it a lot. I feel like I'm the only mage using barfira on imps even before baramnesra was added :/ Even if you don't flat-out resist it, it can still lower its duration, which is quite useful as there's no other way to remove it outside of that ring.
    I think you know this already but your post is worded such that it makes it seem like you were stacking barelement and barstatus for resist, when only barelement affords resist. Barstatus just reduces potency.

    As far as Amnesia, I never fought imps much outside of Salvage so I wasn't even aware Abrasive Tantara was fire-aligned, and I had planned to check the alignment of Baramnesra whenever I bought it. Good to know.

  17. #297
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Barstatus reduce duration on effects that don't have potency, such as petrify and amnesia. And can as such be seen as partial resists. Resisting petrify outright is also a lot less likely with only barstone, from my experience. Then again, unlike a lot of whm's I'm also a MND whore, which I suppose helps.

  18. #298
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,315
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    Has anyone noticed an odd resist rate on en- spells? Tier1/Tier2 both are resisting about 25-30% of the time for me on all mobs ranging from TW-IT. I was fighting mobs in Cape Terrigan, Sky, Mount Z., Etc. and noticed en- spell T1 constantly hitting for 1-10 damage when they shouldn't. And yes, I made sure the mob wasn't strong against it, that there was no weather, and that it didn't go against the current vana'day.
    I haven't seen that behavior, but I did notice that my Enspells seemed to be capped at their ~300 skill damage of 20 even with Light Arts + gear pushing me to 326 skill - should easily be doing 21 at that point.

    Also tested Phalanx and level 5 Phalanx II to still both be blocking 28 damage, where they both "should" do more (I know Phalanx was already capped at 28 though). Phalanx II, in theory, needed 325 skill for 29, which we couldn't get before.

    From what I've seen, there does seem to be some tweaking/capping going on with some Enhancing magic though. Sadly, they still have En-II doing skill checks on-hit :/

  19. #299
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,520
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Barstatus reduce duration on effects that don't have potency, such as petrify and amnesia.
    Potency can refer to duration, and that's what I actually meant, not just DOT strength or frequency of proc like Paralysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Resisting petrify outright is also a lot less likely with only barstone, from my experience.
    See, here again, language. You can only resist outright *with* barstone (and traits, but that's calculated at a separate point). I'm not super-familiar with the math, so I don't know if MDB helps at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Then again, unlike a lot of whm's I'm also a MND whore, which I suppose helps.
    I dunno where you draw the line to call someone a "MND whore", especially since it's so easy for WHM to get a fair chunk of it. I think I'm at 75+40 for most things?

  20. #300
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    By MND whore I mean my normal Cure set up sit at something like 145 MND without food. Can't check as I'm at work, but I have 78 or 79 base MND and about +70 from equipment.

    And yeah, like you said - potency can refer to duration, which is what I was refering to. Even if you don't outright resist Amnesia, a lower duration can help a lot, as Amnesia as a whole is fucking annoying >.<

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Removing or Changing Avatar .DATs
    By Clynt in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2007-09-26, 09:45
  2. Dynamis-Beaucedine Glitch or change?
    By Squallx in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 2006-05-23, 19:08
  3. Asking to remove or change poster
    By Uzor in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-08-25, 11:34