1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 18 minutes
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 810
  1. #681
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Vacht View Post
    didnt you think it was weird that when you fought crawlers in front of windurst, you fought the same model when you were fighting rumble crawlers at 60 or whenever? Same goes with equipment graphics, not to mention they said they were limited on the amounts of stats available on each piece.
    I would think its weird if it wasn't typical in MMOs (worst in low/no budget mmos) and RPGs. However they compensated by size differences and later regional differences, e.g volcanic ones were the burgundy eurcas, the cavernous ones in Aht Urghan were the green and black ones.

    Model reuse is typical and not a bad thing, no game has completely unique models unless its a 2-4 hour game.

  2. #682
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Ok, I must say I'm actually confused now: I downloaded the 3gb file using utorrent. Where do I put it now? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I went a couple of pages back and didn't see the answer (just a post saying that he put it in the "correct folder").

    Edit:
    Ok I think I've figured it out. Seems the file is istalling properly now.

  3. #683
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    681
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

    So if I get this right its the Collector's Edition that comes with the ingame item Onion Helm (shortens raise weakness) and the Standard Edition that comes with the ingame item [blabla] Goggles (increases skill-up rate).

    In terms of advantage that really looks like in the long run you'll be better off with the Standard Edition compared to the Collector's Edition assuming the items are unique and there aren't any comparable items ingame.

  4. #684
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88
    BG Level
    2

    For me is authenticator+ probably worse item still better choice. And I still expcect both items to become useless quickly anyway.

  5. #685
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    123
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by rithridan View Post
    So if I get this right its the Collector's Edition that comes with the ingame item Onion Helm (shortens raise weakness) and the Standard Edition that comes with the ingame item [blabla] Goggles (increases skill-up rate).

    In terms of advantage that really looks like in the long run you'll be better off with the Standard Edition compared to the Collector's Edition assuming the items are unique and there aren't any comparable items ingame.
    I wonder if its possible to use both codes and get both items... I'm sure some evil doers out there will sell their codes.

  6. #686
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    166
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I know the whole bonus item argument is getting a bit old, but I haven't heard anyone bring up the subject of crafting. It seems like it would be nice to get a little bonus to our crafting skillup rates, assuming it will still be difficult to level up our crafting skills.

  7. #687
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    648
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    i hope it's as hard as it was @ ff11

  8. #688
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

    Once you're max level/skill, your skill up item is useless. But when you're doing end-game content shortening weakness time could be a big help. It just depends how good the effects are. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another way to obtain the items in-game anyway.

  9. #689
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    463
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Yeah im not sure, but I have a hunch that they could have improved the FFXI graphics for PC had they wanted to, which points to either laziness or cost effect.

  10. #690
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    I wonder if its possible to use both codes and get both items... I'm sure some evil doers out there will sell their codes.
    I don't remember where it explains it. But, you have to enter your codes and register them before you start creation. Any character created after that will be able to get the items. On the downside, if you created a character from the 8 day head start, you will have the "onion helm" available to you, if you order the regular as well, you would be able to register those goggles on the charater you created 8 day previous, a new character would have to be created to get the goggles and the helm, which makes you loose the the 8 days you played your earlier character. Unless you have a hookup at EB I don't see how you would get the standard item for the day of the 22nd of play.

  11. #691
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    i hope it's as hard as it was @ ff11
    take a look:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwIi9...layer_embedded

  12. #692
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    They still haven't managed to speed up gathering, it looks like, and I don't mean the animations themselves. I'm talking about how swiftly one gets into and through the menus and into the actual animations. There's still that old, clunky FFXI delay - I dunno if you call that latency or what...

  13. #693
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyhagun View Post
    I don't remember where it explains it. But, you have to enter your codes and register them before you start creation. Any character created after that will be able to get the items. On the downside, if you created a character from the 8 day head start, you will have the "onion helm" available to you, if you order the regular as well, you would be able to register those goggles on the charater you created 8 day previous, a new character would have to be created to get the goggles and the helm, which makes you loose the the 8 days you played your earlier character. Unless you have a hookup at EB I don't see how you would get the standard item for the day of the 22nd of play.
    It doesn't have to work like that. In other games when you get items from some extra "event" your already existing character simply gets an mail with the item attached. I don't see why it should be a problem in this case.

  14. #694
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They still haven't managed to speed up gathering, it looks like, and I don't mean the animations themselves. I'm talking about how swiftly one gets into and through the menus and into the actual animations. There's still that old, clunky FFXI delay - I dunno if you call that latency or what...
    Afaik, at the E3 it took the testers like 3-4 seconds to sheathe/unsheathe their weapons too.

    I wouldn't be surprised if these two things are part of the same problem.

    Oddly enough, I think the actual combat (selecting skills etc.) was much more responsive though, so I've no idea wtf the real issue is.

  15. #695
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    514
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They still haven't managed to speed up gathering, it looks like, and I don't mean the animations themselves. I'm talking about how swiftly one gets into and through the menus and into the actual animations. There's still that old, clunky FFXI delay - I dunno if you call that latency or what...
    I noticed that too. Kind of worries me, I assumed that would have been fixed by the beta. It's not even like the server was under a lot of stress at that time, since they were the only ones on it.

  16. #696
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    821
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

    Welcome back Hyan

    Gathereing is looking very boring I must admit, can understand it taking a long to craft something, but not sure i want to spend that much time gathereing aswell.

  17. #697
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    lol thanks ._.

    I hope as mobs get 'harder' as you level up a combat class, gathering would become more difficult as well.

    Did anyone get Mining to high level in Alpha?

  18. #698
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    514
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Jollipop View Post
    Welcome back Hyan

    Gathereing is looking very boring I must admit, can understand it taking a long to craft something, but not sure i want to spend that much time gathereing aswell.
    As long as they increased the rewards from alpha (mine 10 times, get 8 little worms and 2 copper ore), I think it will be fine. Since you can automatically detect mining nodes and player's don't compete, that itself probably makes up for the time it takes actually mining. Quarrying works the same way as mining in FFXI, too.

  19. #699
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    648
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    As long as they increased the rewards from alpha (mine 10 times, get 8 little worms and 2 copper ore), I think it will be fine. Since you can automatically detect mining nodes and player's don't compete, that itself probably makes up for the time it takes actually mining. Quarrying works the same way as mining in FFXI, too.
    if it's like in ff11 , they repop in the same place after X time , or i'm missing something?

  20. #700
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    821
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

    Ahh yea i didn't think about that, there maybe a chance to get a better quality ore/item which would make it more worth while.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast