Needs more "Thinking Raptor" picture that I cannot find..
Edit: here it is ..
http://i47.tinypic.com/2qn4f84.jpg
Translation: People think they have access to more EPs at 75 when it's the same as 80 as far as we know, but they go farm EPs at 75 anyway regardless.
Regardless, he's working on a Katana trial, which can only be equipped by NIN, which is 75. It's probably one of the better places to kill exp-yielding clusters provided people aren't farming a bunch of clustered tars and getting extremely unlucky. Just gotta' /check them all to not waste your time.
Lv. 55 = 00 XP (Too Weak)
Lv. 56 = 18 XP
Lv. 57 = 19 XP
Lv. 58 = 20 XP (This level and lower will not aggro under normal circumstances)
Lv. 59 = 21 XP (Monsters aggro 85s at this level - onward)
Lv. 60 = 22 XP
Just bumping to update - if it's EP to 75, it's EP to 85 too. If it aggros at 75, it aggros at 85 also.
Chamber Beetles are 56-58, and are all EP. Hellmines and Fallen Majors/Mages still aggro - as will Robber Crabs.
Motherfucker
I'd still like bullshit aggro to go away.
At 75, there was the ep-'non aggro' window, it should get expanded too.
Meh that is what sneak/invis/movement speed is for. It was hard enough to find mobs for certain trials, i would hate to be forced to fight EM+ and take forever.
I don't think thats the point, for a few reasons.
1) Its getting rediculous that mobs 26 levels below us are EP and aggro. Following the old established pattern, mobs 18 levels below should be the EP aggro line (lvl 67). And honesly it's not as annoying now as the thought of aggroing lvl 56 mobs at 99 is if SE keeps up this pattern.
2) I don't think anyone disagrees keeping EP all the way down to lvl 56 is bad. If we followed the old pattern EP would end at lvl 64 instead. Its just annoying that they didn't put those mobs in the EP Non-Aggro bucket instead of the same ol EP Aggro bucket.
3) What do you mean forced fight EM+? Even if they kept sliding the exp ranges upwards with us, we'd still have EP mobs. The range would just be 64-75 instead of 56-77 that it is now.
So before anyone calls me out for whining, don't. I'm making a logical argument based on precendent and a little bit of logic and personnal opinion. I do not think the world is going to end and I do like the expanded range of EP for trials.
TLDR: is that I think EP-Aggro should be ranges 67-77 and that EP-Nonaggro should be ranges 56-66.
Yes Robber Crabs agro at 85 still, confirmed lol..... I think its AWESOME. Magian Trials would suck if u had to go kill Steelshells instead ><
If youre bitching about being aggro'd in this game still, you should gtfo. The biggest worry is some EP--- crabs? My BLM could tank them endlessly at 75, theyre like mosquito bites running past them; you could have 10 aggro you, and it wouldnt matter. As others said, it's a good thing that level range of mob still aggros.
Still doesnt matter, maybe at level 99 and they still aggro ill complain.
It's a trade-off.
They basically said ok you can keep them ep for trials, but they're still going to aggro, without actually saying it.
Damn fair deal in my eyes.
Except not all EPs aggro? I speculate that SE will keep this up until 99 so people can do trials on the same mobs then, but they could have just kept them EP and non-aggroing.
I'm with people on the better to deal with the extremely minor inconvenience of aggro then bitching about it and potentially have SE reduce the options for TotM.
Hence my #1 point ... A 56 aggroing a 99 will be inconsequential but utterly annoying (especially when eventually 75 range Imps/other True Sound/Sight continue to aggro for no good reason other than to make us annoyed). Here's hoping SE realizes keeping EP around doesn't mean they have to aggro.