1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 7 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 2 hours, 58 minutes
Page 14 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 2956
  1. #261
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    221
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Emirii View Post
    I'm having a lot of fun with the battle system myself. I have no idea what battle regimen does or anything but the interactivity level of the battle system makes leveling fun. Given I am only level 10 and I was only level 12 in the alpha, theres quite a bit more exploring for me to do. It's different but I'm just overall surprised about the amount of complaining has come out of this forum though.... But then again, the NA player base DID have over quadrupal the amount of complaints of all the other regions combined, so It's no surprise.

    But my two cents, love it so far. The personalties that the NPCs have make them interesting to read. They aren't so up-tight and actually make jokes. "Thal's Balls, lass!" and something about piling up shite so high your head turns around and goes up your arse... I wish i screenshot that conversation lmao.
    FFXI had a good bit of humor too, I really wish my screencapture software had been working yesterday... it just took blank images, fixed the problem... but after playing... I enjoyed the scene where my character stupidly waved at the two guys who had just been helping the Sahagins.

    No screenshots for me I suppose!

  2. #262
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Combat seemed fine to me after you "string" them together by pressing 1 button after a move (bar highlights blue) to keep it active, you attack almost nonstop (for pug anyway)

  3. #263
    Kirb
    Guest

    Vaguely unrelated, but was any decision made on a XIV BG wiki, or are we defaulting to Eorzeapedia?

    Because honestly, their site layout is just horrible. I'm not sure how they went from the nice clean XI wiki to that abomination.

    Collecting some beta info on a passworded site so it's ready for release would be nice.

  4. #264
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    504
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirb View Post
    Vaguely unrelated, but was any decision made on a XIV BG wiki, or are we defaulting to Eorzeapedia?

    Because honestly, their site layout is just horrible. I'm not sure how they went from the nice clean XI wiki to that abomination.

    Collecting some beta info on a passworded site so it's ready for release would be nice.
    i was wondering about this too lol, i loved ffxiclopedia, used it all the time but as of right now eorzeapedia only has crap you can find on the official SE site, so no point. however they have been taking the nda too serious and not wanting to post anything related to alpha/beta so that could be a reason why none of the info is on the site yet

  5. #265
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    221
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathbySnoosnoo View Post
    i was wondering about this too lol, i loved ffxiclopedia, used it all the time but as of right now eorzeapedia only has crap you can find on the official SE site, so no point. however they have been taking the nda too serious and not wanting to post anything related to alpha/beta so that could be a reason why none of the info is on the site yet
    I think he was just talking about the layout.

  6. #266
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    44
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathbySnoosnoo View Post
    i was wondering about this too lol, i loved ffxiclopedia, used it all the time but as of right now eorzeapedia only has crap you can find on the official SE site, so no point. however they have been taking the nda too serious and not wanting to post anything related to alpha/beta so that could be a reason why none of the info is on the site yet
    There are two reasons they are adhering to the NDA for alpha/beta:
    1) The Eorzeapedia team has a good relationship with SE that has carried over from FFXIclopedia and doesn't want to jeopardize that.
    2) There's no point in maintaining the wiki for information from the alpha/beta because it could change at any moment. Things can change from one test period to the next, which would mean constant revisions of outdated content.

    Give it some time for the game to actually be released before you expect the information to flow on a proper wiki site. As for the layout/formatting, they have already stated that once there's more content to the wiki, they will be making the format easier to use.

  7. #267
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

  8. #268
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    423
    BG Level
    4

    Speaking of the NDA... is anyone still hosting their screenshots/videos elsewhere? Alas, I am still a lowly non-tester desperate for pretty pictures.

  9. #269
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    274
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by «Nicholas« View Post
    Tried reading thru a few things and no luck.... Ive tried running both ffivboot.exe and the other one downloadable on page 1 of this topic. Both meet with the "send error report" encountered an error screen... I also tried running the benchmark and once i hit "go" it gives me the same error screen. Any ideas beyond the computer sucking haha?
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showp...postcount=2406

  10. #270
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Could someone PM me how to use the beta client + model viewer to view dats?

  11. #271
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    48
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Thanks Zounder, I saw something like that on Gamefaqs.com also... But i still bet its my awesome Nvidia Gforce FX 5200 that is gunna have the last laugh! ._. oh well Ps3 ftw

  12. #272
    {Refresh} {Cat}
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    260
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Emirii Mei
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by «Nicholas« View Post
    Thanks Zounder, I saw something like that on Gamefaqs.com also... But i still bet its my awesome Nvidia Gforce FX 5200 that is gunna have the last laugh! ._. oh well Ps3 ftw
    Wow I had one of those cards like 4 years ago. Def time to upgrade for you! lol Or just play PS3. Although... It was a great card... for 4 years ago XD (and FFXI)

  13. #273
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    671
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by «Nicholas« View Post
    Thanks Zounder, I saw something like that on Gamefaqs.com also... But i still bet its my awesome Nvidia Gforce FX 5200 that is gunna have the last laugh! ._. oh well Ps3 ftw
    I would say the 5200 is a problem. Thought 9600gt was min.

  14. #274
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    48
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Yeah I figured as much, I knew about 90% that the card was a dud, but since im in need of a new computer... and cash... ill wait for the PS3 i guess. No beta for me D: haha

  15. #275
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    843
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    So for those playing PUG you notice you had separate skill points for MH and OH, my OH wasnt goin up at all... kinda sucks gotta figure it out come release.

    Im really enjoying this beta, yeah theres some tweaking to do, yeah I need a new pc since im not waiting 6 months, but otherwise I like marauder and fucking love PUG.

    For people saying if they could get beta keys, the way SE is doin this beta, they activate your SE account so it can play in beta, So in order to let someone else play I would have to tell you my account name and password, and seen as everything is tied up to your account I dont think anyone is gonna give up that info. It be like telling some random stranger your playonline ID and pw.

  16. #276
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    196
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcatt View Post
    There are two reasons they are adhering to the NDA for alpha/beta:
    1) The Eorzeapedia team has a good relationship with SE that has carried over from FFXIclopedia and doesn't want to jeopardize that.
    2) There's no point in maintaining the wiki for information from the alpha/beta because it could change at any moment. Things can change from one test period to the next, which would mean constant revisions of outdated content.

    Give it some time for the game to actually be released before you expect the information to flow on a proper wiki site. As for the layout/formatting, they have already stated that once there's more content to the wiki, they will be making the format easier to use.
    godamnd I hate your signature gif, everytime I come here in the last 2 days so join the commuinitys buzz I see your sig and I can't stop reading and it, just staring at it, and since I can;t stop I have to just close my browser. fucking annoying

  17. #277
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Could someone PM me how to use the beta client + model viewer to view dats?
    Along the same line, I'd love to have a model viewer and don't really know anything about it for FFXIV. If someone could PM me the info for it, I'd be much appreciative. If it's as easy as just use AltanaViewer, then let me know that as well!

  18. #278
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    347
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeh View Post
    You have been talking in a circle for a whole page. There isn't and most likely won't be any queuing, so why bother to discuss it?
    So that there will be. We can't say there won't be either. SE mentioned it in an interview-- at the time they said we would have it-- subject to change, I'm sure, but the seed is there and I'd like to see it come to fruition, for some completely straightforward reasons already offered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Also: Of course the combat is easy, it's the low levels of the game. SE doesn't want a repeat of FFXI where people get scared off because they get killed by the second mob they see in the game. As much as I loved dying to crawlers poison long after I killed at lv6 because I had no way to heal it, most people don't enjoy that.

    etc.
    I wouldn't suggest that they fling players in to complex mechanics head first, particularly seeing how much people struggle even with the current simplicity and ingame tutorials. However, let's be honest-- SE is not likely to add major gameplay mechanics midstream. Virtually every update since the release of XI has been additions to the existing mechanics or additional progression.

    Gladiator is probably the most active class currently, so it's no surprise that you don't see it as a problem. The other classes are mostly 1 1 1 1 1 1 for a long time. The thing is, it doesn't MATTER if the mob is weak or strong. If the best tactical thing you can do is 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1, attack queuing isn't going to make the battle less boring, it's going to make it easier to allow you to do something interesting while you're in a boring battle.

    The bottom line is that attack queuing isn't going to make the game any more or less tactical. It's just a convenience that will be useful from time to time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    lewl. I felt the same way. I was pointing out that it was a contradiction for you to want it to be more "tactical," and "robust," by adding a "set it and forget," option. This would eliminate variables such as timing etc, thus making it less tactical.

    I pointed out that what you're asking for in regards to abilities is already implemented...in FFXI...much less XIV. They give you numerous abilities that have innate traits that require you to decide when the most tactical time to use them are. These also interact with abilities of other players. From a logistics standpoint, it'd be a nightmare trying to allow for the customization of these. As you progress, you'll have far more abilities, and it will become exponentially more complicated. Something tells me you're one of those people that would just use a bot to do it for you anyway.

    The spells...were you fucking serious? Honestly, have you played FF games before? You really think all spells will have the same mp/recast/distance etc.

    You're correct. This is simple shit. Simple shit that you couldn't comprehend.

    Here's hoping that you find this game so horrible that you can't bring yourself to play it.
    There's nothing tactical about using your most powerful move over and over. There's nothing to react to there. More tactical or less tactical, queuing is just a tool for convenience. It doesn't alter your ability order at all-- if you were in a battle where you needed to react, you shouldn't use it.

    I could be wrong, but I believe that a large number of spells in XI had identical ranges, such that unless you were, say, a BLU, you would never have to move closer just to cast a spell. Did you ever notice how most mages stood in the same place for most of the fight? That's what I was referring to. If you thought XI was complicated, you're not very smart. Though now that you mention it, I'm getting that vibe.

    I don't think you can bot tactics, but if I were going to bot, I'd want the game to be simple, not actually require me to think. I should really just ignore you for being an inflammatory dick from the start, but I'd rather explain why you're spewing smug idiocy. It's one thing if you disagree with me, but I can't take anyone who condescends to me seriously. It's unfair how much smarter than you I probably am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirb View Post
    Well, it's nice to see that Kachi is still stirring shit up in forums like he did in Alla.
    Honestly, no more than you. I just gave my honest opinion after careful and thoughtful consideration-- it's only when I get shit that I give it back.

    I agree with that post on all points except about attack queuing for reasons stated. Attack queuing just allows you to pace yourself differently. It doesn't change things tactically in any way, and if you think it's more boring, then the obvious solution is to not do it, since the better tactical option is generally to either not use it, or to use it and cancel the queue if you need to change directions.

    Anyway, I apologize if any of my ruder comments were misdirected. They are only intended towards those who were first rude to me. I'm perfectly inclined to civility, but fuck you if aren't.

  19. #279
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    408
    BG Level
    4

    Anyone have any information on Archer?

    They mentioned at one point that you'll only be able to carry a certain amount of quivers with you, is this true?

    How does the arrow replenishing ability work?

    thanks in advance

  20. #280
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    843
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    In never playing a ranger/archer again if I have to buy ammo. I did it in ffxi, and then they went and fucked with my ranger.

Page 14 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast