1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 0 hours, 7 minutes
Page 25 of 148 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 2956
  1. #481
    Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Found out that you can tell how decayed your weapon is by it's color. It turns darker and darker as it decays. When my polearm broke, it was pretty much dark dark brown.

  2. #482
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    In fact, i would suggest you guys make a thread here with a long list of complaints/suggestions, and tell all beta testers to copy paste these exact complaints on the beta forum and insist upon them. Leave nothing to chance.

    edit: compile all complaints/suggestions to the OP

  3. #483
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Don't think he's saying that you shouldn't let them know, but rather that they've stepped backwards because even FFXI didn't have these problems, which is what makes me think that these are just unfinished issues with the game rather than stuff that will be in retail.
    Makes sense.

    Gonna suggest them anyway, ya. I mean they might have even *forgot* something they implemented in XI long time ago. Just a friendly reminder won't hurt.

  4. #484
    :3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    653
    BG Level
    5

    stayed on till they kicked me off lol.

    pugilist hp heal + lancer lvl 10 ability = awesome combo

  5. #485
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    So the servers are down now?

  6. #486
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    821
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    In fact, i would suggest you guys make a thread here with a long list of complaints/suggestions, and tell all beta testers to copy paste these exact complaints on the beta forum and insist upon them. Leave nothing to chance.

    edit: compile all complaints/suggestions to the OP
    I don't think there is any reason to spam the beta forums like that, most of the glaringly obviously bugs will be fixed before release.

    Almost every other post on the forums are reiterating the same things anyway.

  7. #487
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    In fact, i would suggest you guys make a thread here with a long list of complaints/suggestions, and tell all beta testers to copy paste these exact complaints on the beta forum and insist upon them. Leave nothing to chance.

    edit: compile all complaints/suggestions to the OP
    I second that motion.

  8. #488
    Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    R0ed about 10 mins ago and can't get back on. My brother up stairs is still playing :\

  9. #489
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    742
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    In fact, i would suggest you guys make a thread here with a long list of complaints/suggestions, and tell all beta testers to copy paste these exact complaints on the beta forum and insist upon them. Leave nothing to chance.

    edit: compile all complaints/suggestions to the OP
    No offense, but I'll give feedback based on what I see as issues, not what BG users think are issues. Some of the suggestions are retarded.

    I'm not for example, going to ask SE to remove MP with less than 10weeks til release. I'd rather give feedback that might possibly be considered, rather than wasting everyone's time asking them to remove and re balance a significant portion of the game.

  10. #490
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    I don't think there is any reason to spam the beta forums like that, most of the glaringly obviously bugs will be fixed before release.

    Almost every other post on the forums are reiterating the same things anyway.
    Better safe than sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    No offense, but I'll give feedback based on what I see as issues, not what BG users think are issues. Some of the suggestions are retarded.

    I'm not for example, going to ask SE to remove MP with less than 10weeks til release. I'd rather give feedback that might possibly be considered, rather than wasting everyone's time asking them to remove and re balance a significant portion of the game.
    Since i didn't mention anything about taking out MP being a good idea, i don't have a flying fucking idea what you're talking about.

  11. #491
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Error Code: 0
    Status Code: 0

    They should extend this phase imo... People have wasted more time trying to log in than actually testing/playing.

    I think meonline is assuming that BG posters would suggest retarded shit like Alla/KI/<insertrandomforums> posters here would? Thats what I understood that as.

  12. #492
    :3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    653
    BG Level
    5

    Testing their login servers is part of the test

  13. #493
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    R0ed about 10 mins ago and can't get back on. My brother up stairs is still playing :\
    Yeah, SE is having trouble with the login again. Ah well, time to walk the dog anyhow.

  14. #494
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    101
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Lancer 14, Physical 21

    Been grinding Decent Challenge (Green or Light Blue) Puks & Dodo mostly.
    Neither are good exp targets btw (Dodo Sleep, Slow, Blind & Puk have high dmg knockback)

    Speed Surge, Second Wind, Bloodbath & Cure (as a last resort) are awesome.
    Bloodbath does use a bit of Stamina, but it's basically twice the amount healed over a typical Speed Surge hit. Rampart sux sub, over 7min? recast (if you got set points, i'd use for ohShit situation)

    One thing i noticed is even though the mobs are Decent Challenge they are hitting quite hard now. (used to 10-30 a hit, now some mobs are 30-60+)

    Most likely due to durability.

  15. #495
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    179
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Controls - I play with a PS3 controller and it works the same way it did in FFXI. I've no complaints about that. My friends that play with keyboard on the other hand say their experience is not very good. Targeting mobs is a annoying, camera controls are clunky (its on "ijkl" now instead of arrow keys). My friend, Ragnard's, biggest complaint so far is that Curing or Casting turns into a "gotta move the camera fiasco" rather than just targeting someone with F2.

    Interacting with NPCs - Slow and rather archaic. Cannot talk on chat while talking to any NPC.

    Passive/Active modes - Many many problems with it. Cannot invite people that are in "active" mode. Cannot invite people that are in combat. Cannot invite people while in combat. Cannot join a party unless everyone is in Passive mode. Cannot invite people unless everyone is in Passive mode.

    Lack of guildleves and armor upgrades. 48 hour lockout on quests is way too long. Theres really nothing else to do once you're done with what few leves are available but grinding.
    @guildleves, this is probably just a kneejerk reaction to how insanely rich the first wave of alpha players became from the original 2 hour lockout, but it's also the easiest thing to fix of the complaints here.

    @npcs, I've always thought that disallowing chat during npc interaction was some rigidly enforced RP factor. I agree it needs to go.

    @controls, I actually haven't had a problem with the mapping. Camera hasn't evolved much from FFXI, so I don't know if my old comfortability with that has a factor to why I don't have problems here. I'm more prone to controlling the camera with my mouse, so having the arrow keys to navigate menus is actually great for me (I tend to navigate menus on habit, even in combat), even moreso because I hate using the mouse for the menus. Function keys not working to target party members is going to be a problem though. I can see why it wasn't defaulted in the mapping, however, with party sizes supposedly allowing up to 15 people at once.

  16. #496
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    216
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

    Quote Originally Posted by Tezz View Post
    Lancer 14, Physical 21

    Been grinding Decent Challenge (Green or Light Blue) Puks & Dodo mostly.
    Neither are good exp targets btw (Dodo Sleep, Slow, Blind & Puk have high dmg knockback)

    For dodo's their tp attacks only hit you if you're infront of them, move to the side when they start casting and you'll never be hit.

  17. #497
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    821
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

    You can chat during cutscenes you just need to click on the chat box with the mouse. (needs fixing)

    I think they deffinately need to have speech bubbles or something with the cutscenes (FF7 style) having all the cutscene text in the chat log is a terrible idea.

  18. #498
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    Found out that you can tell how decayed your weapon is by it's color. It turns darker and darker as it decays. When my polearm broke, it was pretty much dark dark brown.
    So that's why Kuro's dagger was so black lol, nifty feature.

  19. #499
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,288
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Is Cure useful when you are main DD?

  20. #500
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post

    I think they deffinately need to have speech bubbles or something with the cutscenes (FF7 style) having all the cutscene text in the chat log is a terrible idea.

    Think they are already working on a separate chat box for stuff like that. Anyway, worth a suggestion still!

Page 25 of 148 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast