1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 13 hours, 4 minutes
Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1201 to 1220 of 2956
  1. #1201
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

    To be honest, accuracy is one of the main complaints I've been making. It simply shouldn't matter as much as it does at such a low level. I shouldn't be whiffing constantly versus a Decent Challenge mob, and yet I do, and not just on LNC. Marauder and Pugilist both have similar issues, though you don't notice it as much on PUG due to how they have 'multiple attacks per fist' which seem to have an accuracy roll for each.

    It is an unnecessarily infuriating mechanic for this early in the game, and hopefully SE will look at it when considering retention of players past the first 10-15 levels of play.

  2. #1202
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    It's ok. Just be the lolLNC for a year until SE gets a hard on for it and makes it broken while nerfing the other DDs. Tis' their nature.

  3. #1203
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    I love lancer so far. The fact that it isn't the best makes it much more appealing to me. I don't want to see half the server playing the job I like just because it's the "best".
    An admirable idea to start off with. But at level 50, how are you going to feel when you've put all your effort into playing the class that "isn't the best" and thus you don't get invites to anything?

    The general mentality of most players is taking the best players/classes for the job. Sure that's rarely bothered me as a raid/guild/linkshell leader, but I know for a lot of people "beating content" comes much higher on the list than "playing a job you find fun, even if its not 'the best'".

    I'd prefer jobs be on a level field from the start.

  4. #1204
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    191
    BG Level
    3

    Until they fix it, gives me time to level other classes for abilities before I end up on Lancer then. They fix Lancer by giving them pentaspam.

  5. #1205
    Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    An admirable idea to start off with. But at level 50, how are you going to feel when you've put all your effort into playing the class that "isn't the best" and thus you don't get invites to anything?

    The general mentality of most players is taking the best players/classes for the job. Sure that's rarely bothered me as a raid/guild/linkshell leader, but I know for a lot of people "beating content" comes much higher on the list than "playing a job you find fun, even if its not 'the best'".

    I'd prefer jobs be on a level field from the start.
    I'm fine with that. Starting off as a drg four or five years ago, everyone told me I was doomed to fail. If LNC turns out any way that DRG did, I will not regret it. Who do you look for when you need a DD for a colibri exp pt? Probably a drg, if you've ever PTed with a good one.

  6. #1206
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    The general mentality of most players is taking the best players/classes for the job.
    lol. If there's one thing we've learned from XI, it's that this is absolutely not true.

    "It's my 12.95, I'll play how I want." <--heard stuff like this every day on XI. Most people aren't going to min/max everything, especially now that this is more casual friendly.

  7. #1207
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    I'm fine with that. Starting off as a drg four or five years ago, everyone told me I was doomed to fail. If LNC turns out any way that DRG did, I will not regret it. Who do you look for when you need a DD for a colibri exp pt? Probably a drg, if you've ever PTed with a good one.
    See I played DRK to 75 and it was such an horrendously drawn out experience that I'd rather no job/class have to go through that. Waiting 6+ hours to get a party was a colossal waste of my life, and if I could honestly go back I'd change so much about how I spent my time when I was younger.

    I stopped playing FFXI when I realized just how unbalanced and dull everything was for somebody who had more and more constraints placed on their time. Plus I played in the EU timezone when there were very few EU linkshells.

    All of this adds up to me respecting anybody who took one of the lesser-loved, over-subscribed DD classes in FFXI to endgame... but I challenge anybody to honestly tell me they absolutely WANT to go through that all again.

  8. #1208
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    144
    BG Level
    3

    You actually get a SAM, but moving on.

    I don't know why people are saying LNC is comparable to DRG. LNC is probably the best melee at the moment.

  9. #1209
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    lol. If there's one thing we've learned from XI, it's that this is absolutely not true.

    "It's my 12.95, I'll play how I want." <--heard stuff like this every day on XI. Most people aren't going to min/max everything, especially now that this is more casual friendly.
    Either this is more recent than the last 2 years, or it simply didn't happen when I was around.

    I tried to play what I wanted to play, how I wanted to play it. But I never got invites, and nobody wanted to party with me because there were never enough tanks or healers. Again this could have been due to straddling the timezones being in the EU and all.

  10. #1210
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,363
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    An admirable idea to start off with. But at level 50, how are you going to feel when you've put all your effort into playing the class that "isn't the best" and thus you don't get invites to anything?

    The general mentality of most players is taking the best players/classes for the job. Sure that's rarely bothered me as a raid/guild/linkshell leader, but I know for a lot of people "beating content" comes much higher on the list than "playing a job you find fun, even if its not 'the best'".

    I'd prefer jobs be on a level field from the start.
    I wouldn't want to assist people like that to begin with. Honestly if people believe you need specific classes to beat any fight in any MMO they are idiots. You need a variety, it's the same mentality of WoW where people wanted to take 10 shamans into SWP or only bring rogues to ICC25 or some such shit.

  11. #1211
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    335
    BG Level
    4

    Did they ever ungimp DRG? I stopped playing FFXI over 2 years ago.

  12. #1212
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I wouldn't want to assist people like that to begin with. Honestly if people believe you need specific classes to beat any fight in any MMO they are idiots. You need a variety, it's the same mentality of WoW where people wanted to take 10 shamans into SWP or only bring rogues to ICC25 or some such shit.
    Completely agree. I'd much rather bring a skilled XX who enjoys what they do than an unskilled YY who plays it because its the flavour of the month unbalanced class.

    That being said, being held back by a player who is playing a gimped class badly can be infuriating -- I would give them the opportunity to improve their skills, but I appreciate that this could cost a lot of other people time in, for example, a raid situation.

    Anyway, we're going off-topic here. Sorry.

  13. #1213
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    76
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Hey guys I just played the first 24 levels of SAM and it sucks horribly, they need to ungimp this class.

  14. #1214
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasengan View Post
    Did they ever ungimp DRG? I stopped playing FFXI over 2 years ago.
    DRG was never gimped, they just couldn't spam Penta Thrust anymore..and that was way back in 2003/2004 era.

  15. #1215
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    Either this is more recent than the last 2 years, or it simply didn't happen when I was around.
    It was actually more so like this if you go back a few years+. Tiny % of the population killed HNM/Wyrms, remember when only the elite LSs could kill DL? Remember sticking to LS only prtys because of all the gimps?

    If this doesn't apply to you, you don't remember it because you were one of the players we're talking about here.

  16. #1216
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    787
    BG Level
    5

    Late but typical hate is def. not working, I can pull hate on ARC by letting a friend beat a mob to 50%, and whiffing a shot from behind

    If this is some new "enmity" mechanic I'm all ears.. change is good I guess?

    inc, LOLARC

  17. #1217
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    Late but typical hate is def. not working, I can pull hate on ARC by letting a friend beat a mob to 50%, and whiffing a shot from behind

    If this is some new "enmity" mechanic I'm all ears.. change is good I guess?

    inc, LOLARC
    Yeah..pretty sure it's not working at all..but some people feel it is =\ Either way I'm sure that's part of the balancing SE is doing before next phase..though a hate system like that would be...

    Yeah it's just not working right lol.

  18. #1218
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    335
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    DRG was never gimped, they just couldn't spam Penta Thrust anymore..and that was way back in 2003/2004 era.
    I was trying to be sarcastic... but yeah, I started at NA launch and my first main was DRG. I was there back when pentaspam was possible... and then subsequently taken off with the TP nerf.

    DRG wasn't "gimp" per se, but it sure didn't come without criticism or the good ole lolDRG. I remember my other 75s (SAM, PLD, MNK, WAR) being much more useful endgame-wise... Then again, much could have changed in the last 2 years.

  19. #1219
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    504
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasengan View Post
    I was trying to be sarcastic... but yeah, I started at NA launch and my first main was DRG. I was there back when pentaspam was possible... and then subsequently taken off with the TP nerf.

    DRG wasn't "gimp" per se, but it sure didn't come without criticism or the good ole lolDRG. I remember my other 75s (SAM, PLD, MNK, WAR) being much more useful endgame-wise... Then again, much could have changed in the last 2 years.
    with the addition of angon drg was readily invited to endgame stuffs but most of the time i was placed as the oh Shi~ healer with heal breath spam unless it was something that didnt need to worry about healing to much then usually /sam.... tho mostly everyone wanted me cor for everything

  20. #1220
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    So basically you will have miners crying that they dont get invites to party to throw pebbles at things.

Page 61 of 148 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast