Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 120
  1. #81
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    107
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Windows 7 and the current drivers are letting me run at max all the time.
    You using 260.89 or 260.99?

  2. #82
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    To clarify I dual box at 10-20 fps, depending on what's on screen... so I still feel they need improvement.

  3. #83
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    580
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Nvidia released the quadro 265 drivers yesterday, people modified the inf file for it to work with their 400 series cards and they said it worked beautifully even with shadows on high
    only a few more days at most (hopefully) until the drivers are prob WHQL certified for the 400 series and we get the proper frame rate from our nvidia cards

  4. #84
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by pugnax179 View Post
    Nvidia released the quadro 265 drivers yesterday, people modified the inf file for it to work with their 400 series cards and they said it worked beautifully even with shadows on high
    only a few more days at most (hopefully) until the drivers are prob WHQL certified for the 400 series and we get the proper frame rate from our nvidia cards
    I saw that. Pretty lame that no one from Nvidia has posted on that thread to let us know the ETA or anything.

  5. #85
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    133
    BG Level
    3

    I can confirm the new 265 quadro drivers work beautifully on my 460 1tb. Standing next to the abyssea npcs and getting 28/29fps with no shadows, 23/24 with ~20ppl on the screen. Instead of 15ish with no shadows. I sure hope they release the whql set for non-quadro cards soon.

  6. #86
    Murder machine with a motor in her nose
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    368
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I can't get the quadro drivers to work with windower on my 8800 GT.

  7. #87
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    133
    BG Level
    3

    Damn whats wrong, it keeps crashing?

  8. #88
    Murder machine with a motor in her nose
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    368
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    The windower init.txt stuff never comes up and so if I alt-tab it crashes, etc. I honestly can't remember if I had a way around this, but I generally don't use the beta drivers anyways due to windower working but crashing if I alt-tab. Hope they release regular WHQL drivers soon, I'm curious if there's any performance benefit for older cards. Or maybe this will be a good enough reason to buy a new card. :3

    Edit: Although honestly I hate to spend money on a new card since the *only* pc game I play is FFXI...you'd think it'd run great on an 8800 GT, given that I was originally running it on a...Geforce3Ti, I think?

  9. #89
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    580
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    open the game with fraps open, it should fix that issue

  10. #90
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    107
    BG Level
    3

    The new Quadro 265.90 finally bring my GTX 460 up to what it's supposed to be. But Windower won't load any plugins and all my macros are text macros. Does anyone know how to overcome this issue? Also confirming: Alt-tabbing will screwed up my game lol.
    -----Update------
    Ok found a perfectly working solution for the GTX 460, probably most GTX 400 series.

    Download the Quadro 265.90 international driver from nVidia.com, and run it to let it extract to a folder. Then download the international modified .nfo that allows you to install the driver for non Quadro cards.

    Here is the link.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n19mrhfkt579i27

    Now, your install should work fine, but if you are unlucky like me, you'll have issues with windower (crashing on alt-tabbing, text macros and plugins aren't loaded, etc...)
    Solution: Download Windower 3.42 from windower website (or use the file you have on your pc since the last update was a year ago, chances are you'll have the latest version.) Install it and load it, and it should allow you to run the game perfectly without lag, getting 24-29 FPS @ Whitegate AH.

    Good luck, and enjoy, finally almost a year in the making but I"m finally able to enjoy this game on my GTX 460.

  11. #91
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Don't quite understand why the drivers fuck with Windower and how reinstalling Windower fixes it.

  12. #92
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Don't quite understand why the drivers fuck with Windower and how reinstalling Windower fixes it.
    Me too.
    Didn't have any problems whatsoever anyway.

  13. #93
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    739
    BG Level
    5

    oh my god, happy day it finally happened. hopefully the official release is soon, i never played ff11 30fps before so im excited lol

  14. #94
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekii View Post
    i never played ff11 30fps before so im excited lol
    Sad but true. I always said "shitty SE programming". I guess I should have said "fuck you nvidia" and bought an ATI card.

    Glad it's finally fixed, though.

  15. #95
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    610
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    I always said "shitty SE programming". I guess I should have said "fuck you nvidia" and bought an ATI card.
    Your first comment sounds about right. It's what you get w/ multiplatform games when consoles are optimized for 30fps. It really has nothing to do w/ Nvidia seeing as how I used to run FFXI on a 8800GT w/ capped FPS constantly. I can't really blame Nvidia for not giving a fuck about a old multiplatform mmo anyways. Old news is usually not high on anyone's priority list.

    Go play Black OPS on a PC w/ 150+ FPS and then sit down and play it on an Xbox 360. You'll feel like you are in running slow motion.

  16. #96
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by CoronA1979 View Post
    Your first comment sounds about right. It's what you get w/ multiplatform games when consoles are optimized for 30fps. It really has nothing to do w/ Nvidia seeing as how I used to run FFXI on a 8800GT w/ capped FPS constantly. I can't really blame Nvidia for not giving a fuck about a old multiplatform mmo anyways. Old news is usually not high on anyone's priority list.

    Go play Black OPS on a PC w/ 150+ FPS and then sit down and play it on an Xbox 360. You'll feel like you are in running slow motion.
    Well yeah, but nvidia is definitely at fault here as well... I came from 8800GT's (definitely not @ cap, although I always thought I was running it as good as possible) to 460 and had slightly worse performance. These new Quadro hacked drivers are a WORLD of difference. They should have fixed this a little quicker, but meh... I'm just glad to have the fix now.

  17. #97
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,315
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by CoronA1979 View Post
    Your first comment sounds about right. It's what you get w/ multiplatform games when consoles are optimized for 30fps. It really has nothing to do w/ Nvidia seeing as how I used to run FFXI on a 8800GT w/ capped FPS constantly. I can't really blame Nvidia for not giving a fuck about a old multiplatform mmo anyways. Old news is usually not high on anyone's priority list.

    Go play Black OPS on a PC w/ 150+ FPS and then sit down and play it on an Xbox 360. You'll feel like you are in running slow motion.
    Wasn't the problem more that the Fermi drivers (or maybe just newer driver revisions in general) weren't really made with older DirectX games in mind? I ran FFXI just fine on a Ti4400, a 6800, and a 7900, meanwhile ATI cards (at one point) back then had issues with lag from Firaga/etc. nVidia had issues with 5x00 series cards apparently, but I never owned one of them. It's not that uncommon to see issues with older games in general on them, and FFXI is certainly an older game now.

  18. #98
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    107
    BG Level
    3

    Anyone know why when Garuda summnon shows up, my GTX 460 lags like crazy? How do you change this model into something different, thnx if someone can point me to the correct summoner's model for garuda.

  19. #99
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    So I have an interesting Windower issue with nVidia now. I can load FFXI, but I can't load Windower. If I boot from Launcher or Launcher_gui, POL just never initializes. It's not that the hook fails when I load the game, Windower just fails to start POL.

    Last time this happened I had to go through half a dozen restore points, which are no longer there, to get FF capability back. Any ideas?

    Man fuck nVidia.

    EDIT: Reinstalling Windower does not fix it.

  20. #100
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,019
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    Anyone know why when Garuda summnon shows up, my GTX 460 lags like crazy? How do you change this model into something different, thnx if someone can point me to the correct summoner's model for garuda.
    Assuming you don't have the hacked quadro 265 drivers installed... that would be "the fix". Or wait until Nvidia releases 265 drivers for geforce... which they've been promising for about 6 months now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    So I have an interesting Windower issue with nVidia now. I can load FFXI, but I can't load Windower. If I boot from Launcher or Launcher_gui, POL just never initializes. It's not that the hook fails when I load the game, Windower just fails to start POL.

    Last time this happened I had to go through half a dozen restore points, which are no longer there, to get FF capability back. Any ideas?

    Man fuck nVidia.

    EDIT: Reinstalling Windower does not fix it.
    Where are you installing windower to?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. low FPS while running FFXI
    By Snprphnx in forum Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-12-15, 09:07
  2. Some FPS problems in FFXI
    By Flattus in forum Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-06-27, 21:10
  3. highend Low fps in whitegate
    By Nickerz in forum Tech
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2009-06-12, 13:06
  4. FFXI and Low FPS
    By Marcicus in forum Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-03-11, 11:45
  5. Vista/Windower/FFXI/Nvidia Low FPS problem
    By Astarael in forum Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2008-09-25, 04:27
  6. Random fps drop in ffxi
    By Keria in forum Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-10-11, 03:08
  7. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2007-09-18, 12:33