A lot of price depends on who you know. What I consider standard would be $15 a gram, $50 an 1/8th, $300 an ounce (retail prices, if you are buying bulk between $900~1200 for a qp depending on supply). I have one friend who won't sell bags for over $45 (usually 40), then I have friends that will pay between $50~70, and refuse to pay less than $50 because then they think they're getting schwag. Medical Marijuana prices in Montana are pretty close to "black market" prices. There's kind of this interesting thing going on where the dispensaries aren't able to keep up with demand using what they can legally grow, so a lot of them here will buy weed illegally to keep up. My friend who has his card said that anyone can go in and sell an Oz. to his dispensary for at least $250, regardless of quality. For the time being, you can get better/cheaper weed buying illegally. Most people just have their cards to cover their ass.
Currently, my piece collection is pretty lacking. I used to buy really nice glass (anytime I'm in Portland I hit up Smokin' Glass, awesome shop) but I have a habit of breaking them. Right now I have 6 pipes, and a tiny little hash bubbler (My buddy got it while he was on shore leave from the Navy, I don't remember where it was from but I stopped smoking out of it because it hurt my throat). Off the top of my head, I can recall 13 pieces I've broken, 1 hookah, 2 bongs, 2 bubblers, 8 pipes. The most expensive ones were stickered at $200 (I called them The Cannon and the Borelangly Fairy) but I bought them together for $350. It was really sad breaking those ones. :/ I also had this wicked steam roller called "The Double Dragon" that head a dragon head that blew smoke into the chamber and one that sucked it out. That thing hit like a champ. It broke this one night when I was working at Papa Johns where I broke 3 pieces at work in one night.
How the fuck do you break that many pieces?
I grab one of these every Thursday:
$38.95 at the tobacco outlet here. I know there's a huge mark up in cigs etc, so what's a 50pack of DMs, Phillies, etc go for in other areas?
I've gotten really fond of blunts over bongs/bowls more so for the fact that I can just roll one fatty instead of 5 bowl packs.
$10 a gram here for good stuff. I pay as low as $200 for an ounce for decent stuff, but quality comes at about $220-230. I live in Toronto/Guelph Canada.
Roors are very pricey but they are very very nice. I'm a personal fan of joints but I had been using my friends roor for a year or two and thought it was great. I recently tried my new roommates bong and it fucking hurts. I took one big hit and I thought I was going to die because my how hot the air was. My throat felt like it had been charred for the next 3 days.
Also flavored papers can be great or can be god awful. Chocolate flavored papers + strawberry flavored pot = <3.
I've only been smoking like a year and I've gone through 2-3 pieces lol
Well, I also started smoking mostly blunts/joints because I'm cursed when it comes to buying pieces. Within 1 month of getting one it's always ended up getting confiscated.
Last one was a beautiful little glass piece I got for a bday present. The 2nd time I ever smoked out of it I got pulled by the head of the vice unit and one of his cronies...on the same day I got fired. It was a great night.
Damn I'm glad I live in the cheap ass south. 145 an ounce for good shit...100 an ounce for skunk.
2. My very first pipe. I had it tucked in the nook of my arm while talking to someone and it slipped through and landed on a tile floor, so I went home to grab
3. The double dragon. We were closing down shop at the pizza place I worked at so we set it on top of the oven and would take a hit/load a bowl whenever we walked by. It was a really round steam roller, and somehow the vibration of the oven actually rolled it over the edge. I can still see it falling in my mind. I still have the dragon heads, which were the only thing to survive the fall, I'll post pics sometime if memory serves.
4. The Big Whale stolen out of my car.
5. The Dolphin which mysteriously vanished from my bedroom one day. One of my friends did something with it, I know it, he knows it, but he won't fess up to it. I think he broke it and just didn't want to own up. It was actually shaped like a dolphin, I could set it out as glass artwork and nobody would notice.
6. Doris, my first bong, somehow the inside of the stem broke and it wouldn't rip anymore. I thought about replacing the female piece, but I bought her for cheap and was at a point where I needed to get rid of it anyway, so I tossed it.
7. Bubbler (unnamed), I put it in the freezer to take some really nice, icy hits and then fell asleep on the couch. Of course, water in the bubbler froze and cracked it. This is probably the stupidest breakage.
8. Bong #2 (also unnamed), had it sitting in the door of my fridge. It wobbled for a bit and then toppled over. I tried to catch it and ended up cutting myself on my finger right where your finger meets your palm.
9. Frogger, was loading a bowl while driving around and stopped at the gas station. I was pretty stoned so I forgot about the pipe and it fell outta my lap when I stood up, shattered all over the gas station parking lot. Unfortunately, I was buying gas and still had to go in and pay for my fuel...
10. Car pipe (dubbed so because it and a lighter fit perfectly into the ash tray of my car. I will never find a true replacement), was smoking some bowls on top of the parking garage down town. I went to load one, had my pipe resting on my arm and someone passed me a pipe. Instinctively I reach out and grab it and Car pipe plummets to the ground. He is missed.
11. The hoses on my hookah didn't seal anymore so it became a huge pain to fix. I traded some girl a 20 sack for it, so I really didn't care about it so I think I might have thrown it off a bridge.
12. My first bubbler of no name broke when I knocked it off my desk onto my carpet. Was probably a blessing in disguise, I spilled that thing all the time. I will go on the record now as saying that there is really no point in smoking out of a bubbler, bubblers suck.
13. Borelangly Fairy is the only one I just straight up dropped on the floor in my bathroom. It fell a nut hair away from my big fluffy bathroom rug (I doubt the rug would of saved it, but I'll never know). That was probably my coolest pipe, it had all these crazy cat and the hat-esque squiggles coming off it, adn it was green, dark blue and black. For whatever reason, it had a bead on it that was just some chick holding one of her tits that they fastened onto the end. Nobody would notice it if you didn't point it out, so most of the time I wouldn't tell people because I didn't want to make my pipe seem less classy.
14. The Cannon was this sweet as steam roller. It was black and a smokey grey, and then had red fire at the carb end. I called it the cannon because it was shaped like a cannon, it even had two little nubs on the front so it would rest well. I was cooking with one of my roommates and set it on the microwave. Apparently one of the little nubs was on the microwave door so when I went to open the microwave, the door pulled it off the top of the microwave and it crashed on the counter. Only the carb end broke, but you can't really glue glass back together and expect it to hold.
15. An ugly unnamed tan pipe that I broke during a "quitting smoking" period. Not really exciting, I smashed it against some concrete. Some sort of symbolism I guess. That smokeless period lasted almost a full year and a half, nobody believed I could do it.
Those are all the ones I can remember (hell, I remembered 2 more!) . I've broken a lot of bong bowls too, but I don't think that really counts. And in case you see this and go "Well I'm not going to smoke with that clumsy fuck." I've never broken anyone else's glass, just my own.
As for rolling papers, use these once and you'll never go back to anything else. No paper taste at all.
holy fuck lol, I've never broken anything or even been around someone breaking a piece.
I've been around for multiple broken pieces, though I never actually dropped any myself. I was around my friends once when his GF walked into his roor, which led to it falling off the table, and the glass slide part being sheared off. Needless to say he was not very happy. Was like a $250 pipe iirc.
As have been mentioned in a bunch of the other threads about weed, joints and blunts are a more social smoke. Typically when you are smoking these you are doing it with friends. A bowl or binger on the other hand is much better for solo smokers imo.
Pay £10 for a bens, roughly 1.5, slightly under and £20 for an 1/8 roughly 2.8.
If im buying of a mate then its 3.5 for an 1/8 and pretty much all bud, no leaf or stalk.
Smoked alot of homie (homegrown, basic, whatever you like to call it) since im not a heavy smoker. However i can taste the difference between homie and something like northen lights.
Got alot of cheese and lemon around, some nice budah and northen lights. A few people shot purple haze but havent smoked any yet.
Out in Long Island:
Paying $120 for a quarter these days, usually puff out of a glass pipe (this is one my friend's wife bought me because she dropped my older glass bowl that I had for 10 years). I have had bongs in the past, but gave my last one away 6 years ago. It was the best bong ever and I bought it on Sept. 11, 2001 and named it Tower One.
I get from some older dude who lives in my building. His stuff is all over the quality range, but never mids or crap weed; sometimes less impressive than other times, but good. I imagine he picks up from someone that gets imports from all over, mixed in with local harvests. I don't ask though, plus half the time any 'name' that a dealer mentions is going to be wrong all together.
As far as joints/blunts: usually good for (as someone said) portability. In NY the penalty is far less for having just weed on your person vs. having a piece with resin. If you are going to a sporting event or a concert or anywhere outside of someone's home, don't take stuff with resin all over it.
It is a rare occurrence these days when my crew uses a bong, but recently we have been breaking them out (summer fun you know, live down by the beach).
How do you guys deal with munchies? I get them so fucking bad. I've put on like 5 pounds since I started smoking pretty hardcore.
Yoghurts are pretty decent, easy to eat and i dont think they have to many calories.
Otherwise gym it, run, however you want to keep fit. Whatever you do, don't sacrifice munchies for pounds, you'll end up eating the whole inside of your mouth.
Normally i munch crisps (obvious) pastry's, sweets, usual junk food.