Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 189
  1. #121
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Yeah zerker is ridiculous. I only put 1 point in the crit = heal passive since it only adds a tiny bit of extra heals after that. But dump a ton in the charge duration passive and you'll be dropping bosses in a single charge with just auto attacks, it's crazy. The first shadow skill is also pretty damn good for both dodging attacks and healing yourself. Was my favourite class in beta but I wanna see the full skill trees before I decide which to play. I like Construction Engi but I wanna see if it gets more minions in the 5 skills it is missing.

  2. #122
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Is there any way to currently (beta) take an already developed character and run through the game again? (only some areas seem to respawn mobs)

    Also, is it just me or is it normal to see all kinds of unique and sweet magic weapons for not your own class? I saw nothing but knuckle weapons on Engineer/Embermage but now that I'm on Berserker, I can't find anything.

  3. #123
    Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    964
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Pretty much saw the same here; I didn't start getting berserker stuff til my zerk was done and I was leveling outrider; by the point I got much done in outrider, I had tons of engineer stuff built up, so I focused on that. I'm honestly thinking about tossing all my engineer stuff into my stash and leveling another one, it was THAT much fun. I know better what skills (of the ones we have) I want to focus on, too.

  4. #124
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/...s-and-updates/

    At E3 we talked a little bit about some of the fixes we've been implementing following the beta. This week, we go more in depth on bugs we learned about and the changes we've made. Here's a breakdown of our work behind the scenes.

    Re-worked the character skill pane arrangements to allow finer distribution of skills without being arranged in the classic 'tree' style. Passive skills are separated and unlock for investment much earlier.

    Skills now get additional bonuses at ranks 5, 10 and 15 to reward increased investments.

    Lots of individual skill tweaks and balances.

    Torchlight I (Diablo 2 style) function-key skill binds are implemented

    Skills can now be 'queued' and will execute when the previous attack or skill completes

    Ping meter next to each party portrait so you can identify players with latency issues

    Loads of bug fixes

    Respec is now available throughout the game, and will allow you to respec any of the last three points spent for gold.

    Fullscreen Windowed mode added

    Additional connectivity fixes

    Enchantment effects are now identifiable separate from standard effects in tooltips

    Sorting button for player inventories

    Merchant inventories are sorted by default

    Map opacity now adjustable

    Skill sets now swap with weaponsets

    Tentative functionality for 'sniffing' cheaters so that you can block them.

    Continued work on the finalizing the other acts

    Improved some lackluster unique items identified by beta testers.

    Increased the amount of health and mana 'stealing' weapons.

    Improved the rollover information on equipment to provide more and clearer information.

  5. #125
    Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    964
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I like the three-point respec idea. Keeps a sense of permanence, but lets you go back on a recent choice that's not working out for you (say, putting points into a new skill to see what it does and finding out it doesn't fit your style at all).

  6. #126
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Imitarate View Post
    (say, putting points into a new skill to see what it does and finding out it doesn't fit your style at all).
    The story of my life when I play games with such skill systems.

  7. #127
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,404
    BG Level
    10

    http://www.shacknews.com/article/755...g-september-20
    The original Torchlight came out when Diablo III still seemed woefully far away, and more than filled that gaping action-RPG hole with its charming clicking ways. The sequel was once supposed to launch before but it turns out we're all still just as excited for Torchlight II even though Blizzard beat it to the click-punch. Good news! Developer Runic Games has finally announced that it'll launch for PC and Mac on September 20.


    You can pre-order Torchlight II from Gamefly, Steam and the other usual places for $20, with a free copy of the original thrown in as a bonus. Alternatively, $60 four-packs are floating around, saving you $20 if you club together with some chums, because surely you own Torchlight by now.

    The sequel introduces online co-op, above-ground sections, and loads more monsters, skills, items, unique areas, music, and other things one expects from an action-RPG.

    Runic will live-streaming a little discussion about the release date, and showing off a new trailer, at 9am Pacific today if you want to see more.

  8. #128
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Ugh, shame this is coming out two days after Borderlands 2. It would have been a nice summer game to have along with Orcs Must Die 2.

  9. #129
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Yeah, probably going to wait for this game to go on sale to get it, between DIII 1.04 being out and Borderlands 2 coming out a couple days earlier.

  10. #130
    Ranger
    9900klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    9,976
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    if anyone has another copy from a 4 pack, a friend is looking for it, pm me

  11. #131
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  12. #132
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    What's the active skill system interface like? For example, D2 was just left and right click, with a swap button, for a total of 4. D3 has skills 1-4, and left and right click, for a total of 6.

    I see the UI for images like the one below seem to have 10 slots, and then a left and right click? That sounds like a lot of slots to put skills in.

    http://static.cms.runicgames.com//as...99/bone014.png

  13. #133
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

    Vamos los Perds!

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Never touched original Torchlight; is this an enjoyable but a ghetto version of Diablo? Or is it solid, just lower hype from the non-Blizzard hype machine? I loved Diablo II, but really hated D3 and FFXIV has been in hibernate mode until 2.0. Could kind of go for a simple hack and slash loot finder.

  14. #134
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Torchlight has people from Blizzard North(D1 & 2) on it. The first game is enjoyable in it's own way, but feels limited with SP only. Luckily there are TONS of mods for it.

  15. #135
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,122
    BG Level
    8

    T2 is a must play. It does play different than diablo. The feel and pacing is different and its just not as dark but really fun. I cannot wait.

  16. #136
    Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    964
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Mmm, engineer. Big ass spear, jump on your head! Switch to goblin cannon, BOOM! Yep. Basically going to drop GW2 and BL2 for a week while I play the hell out of this.

  17. #137
    2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,688
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I can't believe this thread hasn't seen any posts since release, lol. Seems like a great game though not the timekiller D2 was. Thoughts?

  18. #138
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,122
    BG Level
    8

    RE: Torchlight 2

    Too busy playingggg
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

  19. #139
    Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    964
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Slamming my head against this light cube puzzle. I don't think it's meant to be solved solo. Anyways, my engineer is in the desert area, which is lame, but they did a few interesting things with it -- and I loooove engineer. Stonking huge melee weapons, and the same passive boosts my damage with those AND enormous cannons? Yeah, ok. Also, jumping on things heads -- not just for dragoons. The only non-passive skills I have are onslaught, healing bot, and gunbot, and I don't need anything else. At least, for now. I'm eventually looking at Storm Burst, and more robot minions (spider mines, sledgebot, immob copter). Mostly, I want to leap around the battlefield smashing while my army of robots decimates the battlefield. Engineer delivers.

  20. #140
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Are the passives actually tied to their trees? I read that guides suggest people stick to one tree, but does that really apply to the passives? They seem to benefit the classes in general, regardless of tree.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Torchlight
    By Man0warr in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2009-11-05, 16:49