1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes
Page 18 of 147 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 2937
  1. #341
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Heh, first R0 now. Seems server still not up to their best.

    Edit:
    And right now I'm constantly getting an error 4000 which makes my screen go black, music continues to play and all.

  2. #342
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    219
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    so i'm kind of confused.. just finished the beginner quest and now i dont know what to do. what can i kill at lvl 4 pug? seems like everything I find that isn't a rat is way too strong lol

  3. #343
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,029
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    so i'm kind of confused.. just finished the beginner quest and now i dont know what to do. what can i kill at lvl 4 pug? seems like everything I find that isn't a rat is way too strong lol
    Picking up some leves for Bearded Rock should help you out.

  4. #344
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Right now I can log in, kill 1 mob, during the fight log doesn't record anything and after I win I get the error.


  5. #345
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by ayjis View Post
    I assumed mobs like Aldgoats, Dodos, Crabs, Goobues and such are all intended to be grouped on, considering how hard they hit and how much health they have. Even Puk tp moves do a large amount of damage now. Maybe I'm at fault here for these assumptions.

    Do said mobs become prime soloing targets at the higher levels?


    puk ability won't hit you if you move to the side/back (like many other mob abilities) unsure of how to avoid the mole one at the moment but its possible as I've accidentally done it once.

    also once you get level's.. you can solo dodo's easily (although they got annoying abilities) aldgoats (the ram one likes to ranged attack rape), crabs and... goobues.. probably need Lv 30 to solo with good gear

  6. #346
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    WHo can invite me to a LS on emperor? (rata tapa) Thx

  7. #347
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I guess it depends on the amount of spells you cast, but with spirit dart being pretty good now, you should be able to keep your MP up, or at least keep it up longer by using Radiance. Just at level 10 it was doing about 150-160 which is around 7-8 mp back. I know the damage of it will get severely lowered on harder " party exp" mobs, but at least for solo stuff it's good for now.

  8. #348
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    43
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    puk ability won't hit you if you move to the side/back (like many other mob abilities)
    Wow I feel like an idiot for just eating backflips all the time. I had no idea, thank you.

    Also to those people I was chatting with about Fishing the other day, the method I stated has continued to work very well for me. I just hit level 8 and got Gulleye II. I also firmly believe lures are the way to go.

    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9...0813065114.png


    Edit: So with Gulleye II I can now scout out Grade 2 schools, so I found one in the same area as skull valley. I've been fishing there for 20 minutes with only one bite(and catch, Malm Kelp+1), at level 8 fishing. Maybe needs level 10? Who knows.

  9. #349
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Wow just got up. 60 FPS cap can't say I'm happy about that but game looks much more natural..

  10. #350
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    144
    BG Level
    3

    I might be wrong, but I thought the servers were down?

  11. #351
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    469
    BG Level
    4

    Performance is still shit for me from last phase.

  12. #352
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    I might be wrong, but I thought the servers were down?
    servers been up for awhile, also on the thing about mob abilities.

    the aoe ones you need to run far, and the frontal/cone attacks.. probably best to run to the back, may still hit you on the side, and do it quick if your in the middle of some attack animation and its already started casting your going to get hit (server latency etc etc)

  13. #353
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    How bad is it, Kuro? I won't be on for awhile today.

  14. #354
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    332
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    How bad is it, Kuro? I won't be on for awhile today.
    60 FPS isn't bad, however the servers are horrible still. Just had that nice bug where everything in the entire zone disappears like in Alpha.

  15. #355
    F5 Like A Boss.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,396
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

    Not bad at all. Better question is: What are the temps like for people playing on nVidia cards?

  16. #356
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    109
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    unsure of how to avoid the mole one at the moment but its possible as I've accidentally done it once.
    You seemingly need to run as far away from it as you can. If you're out of range when it goes to attack, it'll pop in the same spot it dug under. The range is pretty far though.

  17. #357
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,178
    BG Level
    6

    They patched the game in a day I'm impressed.

  18. #358
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    36
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I'm using a GTX 470.

    I get a steady 73C-77C in town, playing at 1050p windowed. I have my fan set to 65 constant. (there's a louder fan in my room, so the noise doesn't bother me).

  19. #359
    Honorary Wanglad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    638
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    60 FPS isn't bad, however the servers are horrible still. Just had that nice bug where everything in the entire zone disappears like in Alpha.
    I just got this bug as well when I teleported to Camp Skull Valley. Was there any way to fix this?

  20. #360

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,996
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Not bad at all. Better question is: What are the temps like for people playing on nVidia cards?
    Still outrageously hot, they didn't change anything but the cap.. which isn't going to magically optimize things. Unfortunately, retards may think this fixed the problem if their settings don't allow full load @ 60fps... so I hope this doesn't cause false feedback and SE thinking its fixed ;/ It would be a rather serious issue for launch if its left as-is.

Page 18 of 147 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast