1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 22 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 11 hours, 9 minutes
Page 37 of 147 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 2937
  1. #721
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Yeah, I see tons of people doing leves solo, nobody shares them when in theory sharing is the ideal way to level very quickly. Like even a group of say 4 people can do leves for a few hours even if they go very fast if they just stagger their leves (i.e. one person gets leves, the entire group does them, the next person gets their leves, the entire group does them, etc. until everyone is done). This way you also end up obtaining a massive amount of skill points, it's insane. I just today managed to get a group of 4, although 2 of our members did not have leves at the time the other two staggered theirs and I was able to obtain like 3 skill ranks (17/19 now). Tomorrow we'll be doing the other two's and I should hit 21 or 22 and hopefully grab the lvl 30 leves.
    3* things

    1) Nobody wants to lead at rank 1, it's still too early to think anyone would take up the task (a new player at least). They go through their 8 leves alone, then have none to share later.

    2) 2 day cooldown at rank 1. Does not work, will not work.

    3) Everyone's GL resets at the SAME TIME. Not good.

    If anything, there should be a separate cooldown. Rank 1 players shouldn't be required to adjust to the huge cooldown yet imo.

  2. #722
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    3* things

    1) Nobody wants to lead at rank 1, it's still too early to think anyone would take up the task (a new player at least). They go through their 8 leves alone, then have none to share later.

    2) 2 day cooldown at rank 1. Does not work, will not work.

    3) Everyone's GL resets at the SAME TIME. Not good.

    If anything, there should be a separate cooldown. Rank 1 players shouldn't be required to adjust to the huge cooldown yet imo.
    What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with what I said.

  3. #723
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,198
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    some form of reward/bonus for doing 1 solo (achievement system?)
    I noticed a message similar to "You have defeated 100 monsters." in the chat log after killing a random rat or puk.

  4. #724
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah, I see tons of people doing leves solo, nobody shares them when in theory sharing is the ideal way to level very quickly.
    This is what you said, and I told you the explanation as to why it does not happen the way it should. It's not simply just a problem with the players, it's also a design issue.

  5. #725
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Is leveling much easier in this beta, or pugilist is that broken. I'm leveling at least 5 times faster than marauder in the first beta.

  6. #726
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    This is what you said, and I told you the explanation as to why it does not happen the way it should. It's not simply just a problem with the players, it's also a design issue.
    That has nothing to do with what I said still. I am saying, despite whether it's intended or not, players should realize that staggering leves is the most efficient way to level. Instead you see people just doing their leves solo or doing them all at the same time in a group, and then grinding, which is just retarded. They are set in their ways and not looking at the system and seeing how best to use it (or exploit it). Whether or not it was intended or part of the design is irrelevant, I'm commenting on how the player-base as a whole fails to realize a fucking simple concept. Sure it requires a bit of coordination but after doing it once I realized it and now I won't pick up leves until I have a group who is willing to stagger leves with me, it's that simple.

  7. #727
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    That has nothing to do with what I said still. I am saying, despite whether it's intended or not, players should realize that staggering leves is the most efficient way to level. Instead you see people just doing their leves solo and then grinding which is just retarded. They are set in their ways and not looking at the system and seeing how best to use it (or exploit it). Whether or not it was intended or part of the design is irrelevant, I'm commenting on how the player-base as a whole fails to realize a fucking simple concept. Sure it requires a bit of coordination but after doing it once I realized it and now I won't pick up leves until I have a group who is willing to stagger leves with me, it's that simple.
    And if you want them to realize this fucking simple concept (that it is), they Must change the design too or it just won't happen (before the players get fed up and stop playing that is).

    And even if they did realize how to make use of it, they CAN'T because of the 2 day cooldown and that leves reset at the same time for everyone. Everyone is locked out of new leves before they realize the benefits, and at that point it's already too late until the 2nd JP midnight and then it'll still be a pain to look for new people to do leves with near the 48h mark.

    I'm sorry for discussing the flaws of the system and how SE could fix them, I will make sure to never do it again when you're around.

  8. #728
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Is leveling much easier in this beta, or pugilist is that broken. I'm leveling at least 5 times faster than marauder in the first beta.
    Its fast... very fast at the start, slows down around 15 range, gets really slow at 18-19, and "holy shit are you crazy lvling" at 20+

    also the 1000 mob kill achievement


    also here's a solo aldgoat nanny at lv20 pug (22 physical)(red physical/class exp) to give you an idea of how brutal it is (takes 20,000 class exp and about 90,000 physical exp per level)

    this takes awhile to kill still btw since my punches (heavy) only hit 30-40 and it has like 1000-1500hp) also may have not been possible without shock spikes buff.


    Yellow con mobs hit me about 120-140... pretty much suicide, light orange hit like 180-220, pretty much going to die before taking it down 1/4th

    I'm sure seeing that you can guess how long it will take to level!

  9. #729
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    And if you want them to realize this fucking simple concept (that it is), they Must change the design too or it just won't happen (before the players get fed up and stop playing that is).

    And even if they did realize how to make use of it, they CAN'T because of the 2 day cooldown and that leves reset at the same time for everyone. Everyone is locked out of new leves before they realize the benefits, and at that point it's already too late until the 2nd JP midnight and then it'll still be a pain to look for new people to do leves with near the 48h mark.

    I'm sorry for discussing the flaws of the system and how SE could fix them, I will make sure to never to do it again when you're around.
    Are you really failing to see the point? I'm commenting on the player-base not the design of the system. The 2 day cooldown has absolutely nothing to do with it, I don't understand why you keep bringing it up because it's not even related to what I'm talking about.

    In fact, if there wasn't a 2 day cooldown and it was shorter then staggering leves would become unecessary. The player-base should realize the 2-day cooldown, realize leves give much better skill point gains and then finally realize they should endeavor to be doing leves as much as possible. Upon finding out that your leves are completed if you are in a group and anyone starts it, then you should realize 'Hey, maybe only one person should get leves at a time, that way we don't all get the completion credit'. It's not complicated, it's very basic.

    Here's a simple situation, instead of guildleves since they seem to be so damn complicated to you, I'll use gummi bears. Imagine there is a machine that takes a penny and gives you a gummi bear. Now imagine if you are with someone at this machine and they insert a penny and get 2 gummi bears, if you are with them it will take your penny and not give you a gummi bear because it gave you and your friend 2 gummi bears. You two are considered as having 'shared' the penny and gotten your gummi bears. Anybody who stops to think would realize they could keep that penny in the bank, go with their friend to the machine and have them insert their penny and get their gummi bears. Then you could go back and withdraw your penny, insert it into the machine with your friend and get 2 more gummi bears. Holy shit, you just got 4 gummi bears instead of 2 and you used the same amount of money (2 pennies)!

  10. #730
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,131
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Are you really failing to see the point? I'm commenting on the player-base not the design of the system. The 2 day cooldown has absolutely nothing to do with it, I don't understand why you keep bringing it up because it's not even related to what I'm talking about.
    I think his point is that even if the playerbase is aware of staggered leves, they're unable to take advantage of them atm because they've already used their 8 are on CD. That's basically what happened to me, I ended up rerolling to do things the "right" way instead of essentially wasting the weekend.


    Edit: That being said...LFG ~13 Leves PST and/or a LS would be peachy. >.>;

  11. #731
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Are you really failing to see the point? I'm commenting on the player-base not the design of the system. The 2 day cooldown has absolutely nothing to do with it, I don't understand why you keep bringing it up because it's not even related to what I'm talking about.
    It has, and I already told you why.

    But even if you didn't initially talk about the design, why are you so against bringing it up because it's still partly at fault here? If you realize the problems with the design as well, you can submit feedback about it and SE can fix it. Or is this thread here only so we all can complain about random things instead of trying to think up solutions to the problems too?

    I think his point is that even if the playerbase is aware of staggered leves, they're unable to take advantage of them atm because they've already used their 8 are on CD. That's basically what happened to me, I ended up rerolling to do things the "right" way instead of essentially wasting the weekend.
    Yes Pooky, that is exactly right. Also, how do you like the improved camera so far?

  12. #732
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Its fast... very fast at the start, slows down around 15 range, gets really slow at 18-19, and "holy shit are you crazy lvling" at 20+

    also the 1000 mob kill achievement


    also here's a solo aldgoat nanny at lv20 pug (22 physical)(red physical/class exp) to give you an idea of how brutal it is (takes 20,000 class exp and about 90,000 physical exp per level)
    Spoiler: show

    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images8tu/ffxivgame 2010-08-15 02-56-27-46.jpg[/img]

    this takes awhile to kill still btw since my punches (heavy) only hit 30-40 and it has like 1000-1500hp) also may have not been possible without shock spikes buff.


    Yellow con mobs hit me about 120-140... pretty much suicide, light orange hit like 180-220, pretty much going to die before taking it down 1/4th

    I'm sure seeing that you can guess how long it will take to level!
    I'm sure it slow down later solo, but I was mostly comparing it to other classes. This one level faster, and solo better than everything I tried before...especially mage class. The difference is kinda ridiculous at this point.



    I'm definitively rolling pug for the release if it remain the same.

  13. #733
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,131
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    It has, and I already told you why.

    But even if you didn't initially talk about the design, why are you so against bringing it up because it's still partly at fault here? If you realize the problems with the design as well, you can submit feedback about it and SE can fix it. Or is this thread here only so we all can complain about random things instead of trying to think up solutions to the problems too?



    Yes Pooky, that is exactly right. Also, how do you like the improved camera so far?
    Loving it. Its amazing how something so "small" completely changed my view of the game lol.

  14. #734
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Loving it. Its amazing how something so "small" completely changed my view of the game lol.
    Great to hear :D

  15. #735
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    It has, and I already told you why.

    But even if you didn't initially talk about the design, why are you so against bringing it up because it's still partly at fault here? If you realize the problems with the design as well, you can submit feedback about it and SE can fix it. Or is this thread here only so we all can complain about random things instead of trying to think up solutions to the problems too?



    Yes Pooky, that is exactly right. Also, how do you like the improved camera so far?
    You obviously don't get it, the staggering is only efficient because of the 2-day cooldown, the player-base is failing to realize how to best use the system. If the design was 'fixed' by your definition then there would be no inefficiency in what people are doing now, opting to do leves solo would be reasonable.

  16. #736
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    113
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Here's a simple situation, instead of guildleves since they seem to be so damn complicated to you, I'll use gummi bears. Imagine there is a machine that takes a penny and gives you a gummi bear. Now imagine if you are with someone at this machine and they insert a penny and get 2 gummi bears, if you are with them it will take your penny and not give you a gummi bear because it gave you and your friend 2 gummi bears. You two are considered as having 'shared' the penny and gotten your gummi bears. Anybody who stops to think would realize they could keep that penny in the bank, go with their friend to the machine and have them insert their penny and get their gummi bears. Then you could go back and withdraw your penny, insert it into the machine with your friend and get 2 more gummi bears. Holy shit, you just got 4 gummi bears instead of 2 and you used the same amount of money (2 pennies)!
    I would rather hide the fact that I buy gummi bears individually from a machine and buy them when no one is around, but I guess I'm weird like that.

  17. #737
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    742
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by AshTS View Post
    Guardian Favor turns off Surplus, at least in 10 trials on 4 different characters it has worked this way.
    Didn't work for me, or any of the 6 people in my party last night.

    Quote Originally Posted by omegaB View Post
    got the pugilist marks, got a skill, its a 0 point cost, and its pug only of course, seeing if its good now.


    pretty good it basically is machine gun punch, but you have to start of with heavy, any other action and you have to go back to heavy, this is probably how the new attack/defense thing is going to work with pug, certain skills will only follow an offensive or defensive skill/ or chain of skills, guess well see

    oh yeah once you buy them you automatically learn it, it becomes yellowed out on the list
    What is the skill called? Can you equip all 3 "free" skills (Heavy, Light and your new one?).

    Does it have a cooldown?

  18. #738
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ashley Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

    Didn't work for me, or any of the 6 people in my party last night.
    Yeah, like 10 minutes after I posted that, my theory got disproven. Sorry, guys.

  19. #739
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    386
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    Didn't work for me, or any of the 6 people in my party last night.



    What is the skill called? Can you equip all 3 "free" skills (Heavy, Light and your new one?).

    Does it have a cooldown?
    Its called flurry, you can equip all 3 skills, it has 0 cost action point wise, however it only works after itself or heavy it basically attacks 3 times whereas heavy and light attack twice. no cool down its basically a new basic attack, only prob is it keeps you in animation a little longer, and you cant get evasion in much. I can imagine it working well with the later skill that increases your attack power with each attack. or when you can zerg without fearing dodging much


    Far as pug being easier, it may be because you changed class, people dont realize how much stats actually effect chr, pug has less dying issues though, after all its a tank as well, but in parties, the fact that your basically a 1 on 1 fighter takes its toll when archers and mages are spamming mob before you can even walk up to them

  20. #740
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    My PUG has been great at soloing, but so far MAR has been a lot better in parties this time around. The damage is freaking insane, with Trunksplitter/Skullbasher hitting for 240-300, while my PUG at the same level doing Concussive Blow for ~100 and Haymaker for ~150 (which I almost never get off due to not being able to keep hate, even with taunt). These are both using the level 1 weapons ~level 13-14.

Page 37 of 147 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast