ehhh the game playstyle is very dif than ffxi. the rest of your theories may be accurate witg a lil of your bias
minus the bugs, i like the game though
ehhh the game playstyle is very dif than ffxi. the rest of your theories may be accurate witg a lil of your bias
minus the bugs, i like the game though
If someone is worrying strictly about content out of the gate, they're doing it wrong. Content carries a game that has already established itself as something worth paying for each month - you are then paying for the content that is to come, and that's fine.
If you can't even play - much less enjoy - the content that the game currently has because it has a buggy, glitchy, uncontrollable, unbalanced hodgepodge mishmash of an attempt at a game, it doesn't matter how many dungeons you have, elite items you design, or fat mithra asses you can show off with light bloom during cutscenes - people are NOT going to stick around as a whole.
Once SE ensures a relatively smooth launch and decides upon a solid control scheme, balances mobs early on so that people can reasonably complete the initial content, and delivers the "hook" to keep people funneling in that 15 bucks a month - and more importantly, telling their FRIENDS to also shell out that cash -, then people can all start crying about having nothing to do.
I could care less how many dungeons the game ships with. Dungeons are great, but FFXI never had dungeons; it had narrow zones with ??? marks strewn about that you could only interact with during select cutscenes. I don't think SE has designed a dungeon since the PS2 era of FFs, so expecting them to churn out 3 or 4 dungeons in the style of shadowfang keep and the deadmines is wishful thinking. We'll get instanced versions of garliage citadel and we'll like it, dammit, so long as we can play. the. game.
I'm not even going to touch the topic of communication. Too many people feel that communication with the very people that fill your paychecks each month = spoiled playerbase, and I don't feel like raising my blood pressure tonight.
Not sure why you say citadel all I see is Korrakola tunnel or w/e it was called.
Korraloka for the hollow - bottom floor of the citadel (serket rooom) for the regular caves.
People expecting a solid launch of no bugs and no glitches of any MMO are daydreaming. It's not going to happen. Every MMO has had issues upon launch, both major and minor. It more lies in the ability of the developers to deal with those bugs in a steady and fast way.
Time will tell if SE delivers on their promises and puts out an only somewhat buggy release. I don't see FFXIV as being rushed out in any way right now.
Doing a bunch of Leves right now, skill points went white for all of us. Not getting Surplus either. Read somebody got the same thing earlier.
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0-10-32-35.jpg
IGN article up with the opening Gridania experiences.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1113139p1.html
gallery also has lots of pics of Ul'dah areas.
We're still getting surplus. :/
So basically surplus = playing alone too much??????
No. Happens in party as well. Unless you're trying to make a joke.. it's not funny.
That preview is funny. The reviewer didn't know that every mob in the game has ranged attacks, so being a ranged character in an attempt to outflank or out-range a mob is futile.
Edit: No jumping! Oh Noes! Also clunky interface and combat, yadda yadda.
It's so bad I don't even play the Beta hardly. I do leves when they come up and then pretty much go afk for 2 days, randomly getting on to see if someone is selling a weapon that isn't rank1.
Edit: I could play other ranks, but yeah, no matter what job you play you hit the surplus BS, so it takes the fun out of progressing because you know you're just going to hit a damn wall.
After today's patch, the "D/C cancels guildleve" BS gets worse. In the past you could relog, dc, etc as long as you had someone else in the group to share it back with you. Now, if its your leve they share back with you, its as if they shared it and yours is forever "failed". So now you lose that extra 1k+ gil and whatever item you had as a reward because you d/cd.
Did chest drop gear before the patch?
http://i34.tinypic.com/4juaur.jpg
Amazing. Definitly going with uldah.
Yeah, I've pretty much stopped playing since my PUG hit 14 and I'm in the bone zone with surplus. Doing another job only to hit surplus doesn't really appeal to me.
Sometimes I go "Yeah I'll do some more local guildleves!" I find crafting fun but it takes me like a minute after starting to craft for the synth mats screen to pop up, switch to kb to select the leve I'm on...then another minute for the mats window to pop up again.
That combined with constant crashing, mob difficulty being totally out of whack, ppl not really wanting to team up and me not wanting to force others to suffer my lagginess.
Bleh.