1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 54 minutes
Page 65 of 147 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1281 to 1300 of 2937
  1. #1281
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    433
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Recipe books are a double-edged sword. Ok, I know they're recipe books but it's a metaphor. In WoW engineering was a massive PITA, and I imagine it'd be similar in FFXIV, b/c you have to synth to make parts for another synth, and searching through recipes to make parts for another recipe is a pain.

    If I only have a few mats in my inventory b/c I know what I want to make I'd rather just put what I know it needs in than search through a hundred recipes in my book for the right recipes. Of course the advantage of the item drop method lessens the more mats I have.

    I like that you guys are actually making constructive ideas. Complaining's not really convincing if you don't have a better way to do it. Of course it's all navel-gazing if you don't suggest where it can be heard (SE forums).

  2. #1282
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    Recipe books are a double-edged sword. Ok, I know they're recipe books but it's a metaphor. In WoW engineering was a massive PITA, and I imagine it'd be similar in FFXIV, b/c you have to synth to make parts for another synth, and searching through recipes to make parts for another recipe is a pain.

    If I only have a few mats in my inventory b/c I know what I want to make I'd rather just put what I know it needs in than search through a hundred recipes in my book for the right recipes. Of course the advantage of the item drop method lessens the more mats I have.

    I like that you guys are actually making constructive ideas. Complaining's not really convincing if you don't have a better way to do it. Of course it's all navel-gazing if you don't suggest where it can be heard (SE forums).
    Every suggestion I post is always copied and posted on the forums. It'll make the realization that SE isn't listening at all even more delicious come launch day.

  3. #1283
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    I just registered the beta on my Square account. Do they send an email with a link to the beta forums as well as to download the client or is there something I'm missing from the page to go to download it?

    If anyone could PM me I'd appreciate it
    Here we go again........

  4. #1284
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    250
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    is anyone else half expecting ffxiv to tank?

  5. #1285
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    91
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    Recipe books are a double-edged sword. Ok, I know they're recipe books but it's a metaphor. In WoW engineering was a massive PITA, and I imagine it'd be similar in FFXIV, b/c you have to synth to make parts for another synth, and searching through recipes to make parts for another recipe is a pain.

    If I only have a few mats in my inventory b/c I know what I want to make I'd rather just put what I know it needs in than search through a hundred recipes in my book for the right recipes. Of course the advantage of the item drop method lessens the more mats I have.

    I like that you guys are actually making constructive ideas. Complaining's not really convincing if you don't have a better way to do it. Of course it's all navel-gazing if you don't suggest where it can be heard (SE forums).
    You use WoW as your example but In wow if you only had a few mats in your inventory for the item you wanted to make, you click the "Only list recipes I have ingredients for" check box in the UI and it would only list the recipe you're looking for. Soooooo, yeah.

    Players should not be expected to memorize hundreds of crafting recipes. Having to dig through a notebook on your desk where you wrote them down or alt-tab to a Wiki site to look up a recipe breaks immersion and is poor game design.

  6. #1286
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    433
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    OK logging in to see what's up, see if I still think the UI's relatively OK lol.

    eta 5 mins til crash

  7. #1287
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Watch it, Kuya, you'll get flamed to Kingdom Come with talk like that. We don't take kindly to "other game's" methods round' these parts.

    If its too convenient and intelligent, it gets branded as "4 casuals and nubs".
    Well at least with the current ffxiv method if someone asks you to craft something for them you can go "uhh, I dunno how to craft that" and or dunno recipes, if someone catches you crafting high lvl stuff

  8. #1288
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    386
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    they could probably come up with a system where could do it either way, or something where you could make a few shortcuts, i dont mind assigning it once, but every timeis a pain. the synthing system itself is active enough that you dont need puttin the items in to be anti-bot tedious.

    honestly id wouldnt mind a recipe page even if you couldnt make the synth from there, just to keep track of what you ve discovered without having to go to a different site, or some booklet you have on hand

  9. #1289
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by mintyice View Post
    is anyone else half expecting ffxiv to tank?
    Part of me does just so cynics and pessimists can be right and finally shut up about it lol.

  10. #1290
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    209
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Is anyone familiar with a way to toggle your action bar up outside of combat? I can see this has been somewhat discussed but I'm confused. Sometimes it's up when I'm just running around and other times its not, I can't figure out what I'm doing to cause either scenario.

  11. #1291
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by mintyice View Post
    is anyone else half expecting ffxiv to tank?
    Not that it matters, once 2012 rolls around we'll drop our controllers for firearms XD

  12. #1292
    You think this is the real Dmitry?
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Go to my documents/my games/square enix/final fantasy XIV/downloads (or something along these lines, not at my PC at the moment, and FFXIV doesn't install to the iPhone so I can't look up the file structure.. uahaha.)

    But you'll find the torrent files somewhere in here under metadata or something like that. The torrent will download a directory of folders, point it to the very same directory in that folder (so that all the folders merge properly) and viola.
    I found it. Thanks for your help.

  13. #1293
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    433
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Spork View Post
    You use WoW as your example but In wow if you only had a few mats in your inventory for the item you wanted to make, you click the "Only list recipes I have ingredients for" check box in the UI and it would only list the recipe you're looking for. Soooooo, yeah.
    You learn something new every day...

    is this standard UI? 3 400+ crafters and I never knew that lol.

    Still isn't a radical improvement, since you almost always have to buy / track down the mats in the first place, which involves looking up the recipe.

  14. #1294
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    433
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by YukonWildAss View Post
    Is anyone familiar with a way to toggle your action bar up outside of combat? I can see this has been somewhat discussed but I'm confused. Sometimes it's up when I'm just running around and other times its not, I can't figure out what I'm doing to cause either scenario.
    Cancel gets rid of the action bar and there's an assigned action bar key / buton IIRC.

  15. #1295
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    451
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

    I tried out beta on my friends account, and the targeting interface is what pisses me off, along with the arrows not being able to rotate the camera. I know it might sound crazy, but I thought FF11 had keyboard only controls done very well. Along with the fact you could configure keys to whatever you liked, I dont see why they wouldnt take this and build upon it. Beta for me was almost unplayable cuz of this. I didnt even attempt to use the mouse since it was so laggy. If they dont let you bind keys to your liking upon release, that would be mindblowing.

  16. #1296
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    You learn something new every day...

    is this standard UI? 3 400+ crafters and I never knew that lol.

    Still isn't a radical improvement, since you almost always have to buy / track down the mats in the first place, which involves looking up the recipe.

    recent ui addon think around 3.0

    makes crafting pretty easy, especially when you got like 200-300 of'em

    "hey can you craft me this?" *trade mats*
    *only the craft the guy gave you mats for shows on list, hit craft button done*

  17. #1297
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    91
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    You learn something new every day...

    is this standard UI? 3 400+ crafters and I never knew that lol.

    Still isn't a radical improvement, since you almost always have to buy / track down the mats in the first place, which involves looking up the recipe.
    Yes it's standard. As for looking up a recipe like you say, there is also a search box at the top of the crafting frame where you could type in "bronze pants" and it would only show your bronze pants recipe. A feature rich UI is an amazing thing.

  18. #1298
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by mintyice View Post
    is anyone else half expecting ffxiv to tank?
    If they continue on this "ancient japanese secret, we're not telling or our way or the highway" train of thought then yes this game is gonna be in big trouble the moment something else in the mmo-world comes along.

    Seems like they put a hardcap limit on their UI, I haven't read or seen anything positive about the way the UI functions. Hopefully they are reading the suggestion forums from the beta and are working to streamline the UI as much as possible.

  19. #1299
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    209
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    Cancel gets rid of the action bar and there's an assigned action bar key / buton IIRC.
    I remember seeing that too, so I proceeded to click every button on my keyboard in the hopes of it coming up. I suppose I can live with out it, as of right now I just click 0 to bring it up, since I have no skill assigned there.

  20. #1300
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Oh oh, old news? i never saw all the guilds added.

    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/worl...ds/coral_tower

Page 65 of 147 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast