1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes
Page 73 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 1441 to 1460 of 2937
  1. #1441
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    742
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Reii View Post
    Speaking of crafting, anyone know the quality you have to hit to get HQ?
    Its not a "hit this number for quality and you will HQ", its more "the higher your quality the higher your chance for a HQ".

    I've seen a synth hit over 300 quality, so just getting to 100-150 probably isn't that high a chance of a HQ.

    Also, "Touch Up" at the end of a gear/weapon/tool synth appears to give you another "roll" at a HQ result based on your quality at the cost of some durability.

    If you have enough durability left, you can "Touch Up" multiple times, but you need to find the balance between using Bold more often to get a higher quality score (and having less durability remaining at the end), and leaving yourself more durability (but having a lower quality score).

  2. #1442
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    408
    BG Level
    4

    I want the boots, but I don't even have FFXI installed on my new PC. Yea, I'm probably too lazy to re-install the game just for the boots, so FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SE.

  3. #1443
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    221
    BG Level
    4

    I honestly don't think a lot of HQing is going to happen on much of anything considering we have no options for gear or new tools to improve our control/output &c. hopefully soon we will have those options and can start experimenting with it.

  4. #1444
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    I want the boots, but I don't even have FFXI installed on my new PC. Yea, I'm probably too lazy to re-install the game just for the boots, so FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SE.
    You only have to install POL and link the accounts on the website.

  5. #1445
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    216
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    I honestly don't think a lot of HQing is going to happen on much of anything considering we have no options for gear or new tools to improve our control/output &c. hopefully soon we will have those options and can start experimenting with it.
    Alot of the armor i use have control/craftsmanship. I actually made a complete set just for that.

  6. #1446
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    99
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Shu'halo

    Oh man, I just tried out synthesis. I mad.

    Why are people using crystals for crafting in this world if they are such unreliable festering pieces of shit? You'd think it'd make more sense just to do things the normal way instead of introducing little rocks that blow up in your face and totally trash all your work into the equation

  7. #1447
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ae Cha View Post
    Oh man, I just tried out synthesis. I mad.

    Why are people using crystals for crafting in this world if they are such unreliable festering pieces of shit? You'd think it'd make more sense just to do things the normal way instead of introducing little rocks that blow up in your face and totally trash all your work into the equation
    A chance of white box is a chance at overwhelming euphoria.

  8. #1448
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Dunno if people saw that, but apparently this helps when you're using SLI to make the game run properly:

    http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/10596...25896-drivers/

  9. #1449
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    386
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Ae Cha View Post
    Oh man, I just tried out synthesis. I mad.

    Why are people using crystals for crafting in this world if they are such unreliable festering pieces of shit? You'd think it'd make more sense just to do things the normal way instead of introducing little rocks that blow up in your face and totally trash all your work into the equation
    heey they making stuff in 10 minutes that takes real craftsmen days, only side effect is explosion burns

  10. #1450
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    289
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Meh.. it seems I'll be installing PoL and activating my FFXI account when the final release date for FFXIV gets closer. I just remember too well how nice even a little bonus on movement speed was in FFXI.

  11. #1451
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    99
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Shu'halo

    Quote Originally Posted by omegaB View Post
    heey they making stuff in 10 minutes that takes real craftsmen days, only side effect is explosion burns
    I'd much rather take the time. If I have a slave who's already willing to hold hundreds of my necrotic rat tails and stand in the streets with them for days, why can't I force him to do my crafting for me? THIS GAME IS NOT REALISTIC

  12. #1452
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    386
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Ae Cha View Post
    I'd much rather take the time. If I have a slave who's already willing to hold hundreds of my necrotic rat tails and stand in the streets with them for days, why can't I force him to do my crafting for me? THIS GAME IS NOT REALISTIC
    i think the retainers are embezzling millions

  13. #1453
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...5-30-59-46.jpg

    How I do.

    Edit: Oh snap, my Physical Exp went white as well. The ele checked as red.
    http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...14/Capture.png

    Will keep watching it to see if it goes back to yellow.

    Edit2: Highest I've seen is about 2700 Physical Exp. Would be pretty awesome if I had a place to let myself get hit for a few minutes to get more mp without getting raped.

  14. #1454
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88
    BG Level
    2

    damn, any live blog or video from SE booth at GC????

  15. #1455
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    45
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Dunno if people saw that, but apparently this helps when you're using SLI to make the game run properly:

    http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/10596...25896-drivers/
    This is very interesting, yum.

    Might consider 2 x 460 / 470 nao.

    Also, at the bottom of the thread, it looks like nvidia is setting up an sli profile up for ffxiv but got the name of the exe wrong.

  16. #1456
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    423
    BG Level
    4

    How do local levequests work? Are you supposed to be able to trade the item to the NPC? I don't have the option...

  17. #1457
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,282
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

    I did the torrent and all the downloads are complete. Now all files are .patch and when I add them to the /patch folder and launch the client, it just tries to download all the updated files again. Can anybody shine some light on this?

  18. #1458
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    113
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by blythe View Post
    How do local levequests work? Are you supposed to be able to trade the item to the NPC? I don't have the option...
    Talk to the client to get the mats, do the synths, and if you fulfill the leve talk to the client to get your reward. No trading, just talk.

  19. #1459
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    423
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    Talk to the client to get the mats, do the synths, and if you fulfill the leve talk to the client to get your reward. No trading, just talk.
    I've synthed everything but when I talked to the client nothing happens?

  20. #1460
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    108
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

    Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    I did the torrent and all the downloads are complete. Now all files are .patch and when I add them to the /patch folder and launch the client, it just tries to download all the updated files again. Can anybody shine some light on this?
    If you placed the files in the right folders then the client should just be checking the file integrity to make sure they are not corrupted. If the patcher says 0.0 kb/s and the % bar is increasing, thats what its doing. Let it finish and you'll be done. If it is actually downloading though then you paced the .patch files in the wrong folders.

    The patcher (and all other torrent programs) does this when there is an existing file when it loads the torrent to prevent file corruption from spreading to other users.

Page 73 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast