1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 8 hours, 1 minutes
Page 76 of 147 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1501 to 1520 of 2937
  1. #1501
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    But on the flipside, its going to be hard to determine what is an "unfair" price, especially if you can find your niche items to churn out early.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again - there is no such thing as "too much money from quests/mobs/ect." No matter how much coin people have, they will always pay what they feel is worth an item. If SE wants to control the economy, they don't have to do so by only allowing the average person to attain 10k gil in a month, especially if that 10k can only get them a single level 15 piece of gear, or a stack of food.

    The market wards are going to be far harder to initially regulate, price-wise, than AHes, even compared to FFXI's archaic AH. The one guy that throws his new items out before anyone else can list whatever price he wants, and he'll get them. He could do the same thing with an AH, but he can do it for much longer in the market ward, because his sales leave no digital trail other than his listed price.

    @Destyne - to keep people from leaving at max level? Do you love SE that much? You can have an end-game at vanilla that is eclipsed by the end-game at X expansion that is eclipsed by the end-game at Y expansion - it keeps people playing your game.

    Do you really think everyone's just going to switch jobs when they max their favorite? Ugh.

  2. #1502
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,282
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

    Wow, after reading these updates and having the beta client FAIL at install, I might as well give up now. 13 hours in, 28% install. Can't get the torrents to work either. Maybe SE hates me for using my mouse or not waiting 48 hours to do the install. Lame.

  3. #1503
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    514
    BG Level
    5

    Not a very promising interview.

  4. #1504
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,282
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    But on the flipside, its going to be hard to determine what is an "unfair" price, especially if you can find your niche items to churn out early.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again - there is no such thing as "too much money from quests/mobs/ect." No matter how much coin people have, they will always pay what they feel is worth an item. If SE wants to control the economy, they don't have to do so by only allowing the average person to attain 10k gil in a month, especially if that 10k can only get them a single level 15 piece of gear, or a stack of food.

    The market wards are going to be far harder to initially regulate, price-wise, than AHes, even compared to FFXI's archaic AH. The one guy that throws his new items out before anyone else can list whatever price he wants, and he'll get them. He could do the same thing with an AH, but he can do it for much longer in the market ward, because his sales leave no digital trail other than his listed price.

    @Destyne - to keep people from leaving at max level? Do you love SE that much? You can have an end-game at vanilla that is eclipsed by the end-game at X expansion that is eclipsed by the end-game at Y expansion - it keeps people playing your game.

    Do you really think everyone's just going to switch jobs when they max their favorite? Ugh.
    You are my hero.

  5. #1505
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    26
    BG Level
    1

    Oh dear. Somebody call the Square Enix Defense Force, we need some damage control. There's rumours that we'll be stuck with guild leaves and once in a bluemoon there'll be chances to spawn NM's by doing faction leaves, which requires a certain amount of collected faction currencies. There'll be no hardware mouse at launch, nor will there be any auction house. A glorified bazaar is the name of the game. By march 2011, we'll have a couple of updates and bugfixes to make the game what it should have been by launch. Did I mention that the 3 storylines for each city is the only form of quested storyline we'll be getting, and the faction leaves substituting for endgame until content patches are made? Furthermore, only 5 different regions are included with the release, 3 being the 3 starting cities and their surrounding area.

  6. #1506
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    XI's AH system isn't archaic at all, it's one of the better AH's out there.

    As far as the interview goes, I'll check how the game is doing next year.. not gonna ruin the experience by playing it this year when it's still unfinished.

  7. #1507
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

    Speaking of money, has anyone found a way of making gil apart from leves/selling crafts?

    Is it literally just vendoring everything for cash? Because I haven't seen mobs drop anything moneywise.

    At the start of the game, nobody is gonna have any money for buying stuff from crafters. The economy is going to be sluggish at absolute best, and with the current Market Ward/Retainer implementation, I'm not sure it'll even get off the ground.

    Without an easy and accessible way to buy and sell player-crafted wares, people aren't going to be able to gear up as they level. Without gear, they'll die more. By getting killed more, anti-game sentiment will increase, and people will quit because let's face it, there are friendlier, more enjoyable MMO options out there at the moment.

    It was mentioned in an interview that there WERE vendor-sold armour and weapons in cities in the Gamescon build, however, so maybe it won't be SOOO bad.

  8. #1508
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    39
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

    Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    Siiiiigh...

    Looks like we're stuck with the Market Ward shitstem until they "see what we need".

    Seems like starting out as a crafter is going to be even harder!



    No plans for hardware mouse. Brilliant. Are they actually LISTENING to feedback?



    Is it just me, or is this stubbornness getting more and more worrying?
    Source for these quotes?

  9. #1509
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    I'm loved by some, hated by some, and disregarded by others. A decent life.

    The faction leves have me interested, simply because they seem to be harder than your standard leve, require more people to complete, and offer fatter rewards, but they take awhile to get. Time really isn't a problem because by level 30, chances are you've got enough points for your first one, but I'm really just hoping that itemization is a focus in the rewards for these. I'm absolutely praying that this current beta version of "cloth, cloth, cloth, cloth, cloth, HEY chain! cloth cloth...." isn't going to be the standard come retail.

    The interview was an interview with a Japanese company that really isn't dedicated to talking a lot. I look at Capcom as the standard of a Japanese company that is really trying to get out there and understand all of its playerbase. They aren't perfect, but no one is, but they're TRYING, and you can tell that they are. Hell, Namco Bandai has seen how Capcom is doing it, and they're trying to emulate their rivals. I don't see anyone trying to emulate SE, and with good reason.

    I'd just like to see a bit more of an attempt to communicate. It cannot be that hard to hire a few positions simply to translate comments and get them out to the public.

    @Hyan: I disagree, but I won't press the issue. The AH worked, but a fully-fleshed out selling history, complete with prices, dates, along with a list of all currently-offered versions of the item, complete with price, and the name of the seller, would have helped to curb, or at the very least, regulate a bit of the rampant inflation that went on over and over again.

    Sometimes, in other MMOs, I simply wouldn't buy an item from someone if I knew their name and their reputation as a suspected asshat/farmer/ect.

    Edit: Tanaka knows that people aren't teaming up with other people's leves because the reward is a fist-full of gil and some surplus XP. He knows that if the gear/gil/notes were shared, or at the very least, RANDOMIZED for people that helped with that leve, more people would team up. Person A, B, and C all do a hard leve that person B had. Person B gets a mid-level chainmail, person A gets 100 guild points, and person C gets a lower level hat. Or, person A and C get cold, hard class EXP as a bonus - 2k to their current job. Presto, now everyone is helping everyone out, but no, that's too E-Z mode for FFXI. People are supposed to help people because its "best for famiry"; something that Japan has tried to push onto other nations that play their games for years.

    News flash, Tanaka; people like rewards, and the warm, fuzzy feeling of helping out random strangers for 200 surplus XP and 300 gil aren't gonna be enough at launch to keep people paying you your $15 a month.

    I'm just trying to help you out here, Tanaka!

  10. #1510
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    fail

  11. #1511
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,029
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Ok, perhaps I missed this part somewhere in this thread, but how does one repair Bone Horas? I have the chip, but I'm obviously not doing it right. Should I be using a file?

    I have to say I do enjoy Miner and Blacksmith even though most synths blow up in my face right now. I expect that to change as I get better at it. But, a recipe book that records what you've learned to successfully make would be nice.

  12. #1512
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Oh my G look at that cliff face.

  13. #1513
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    91
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    SE Defense Force has been slain by SE.

    Ouch.

    I would of liked the interviewer to ask about the Surplus system and see Tanaka dance around that one.

    I was under the impression hardware mouse was something fairly easy to implement. I guess we're not getting key binds either. Ugh.

  14. #1514

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    The AH worked, but a fully-fleshed out selling history, complete with prices, dates, along with a list of all currently-offered versions of the item, complete with price, and the name of the seller, would have helped to curb, or at the very least, regulate a bit of the rampant inflation that went on over and over again.
    The exact opposite imo. No history at all, would have solved everything.

    Pretty discouraged with the gamescom interview. How can they even fucking say with a straight face 'we have no plans for a hardware mouse, but we'll see'. Yeah I'd prefer an auction house, yeah I'd prefer an endgame glimpse.. but come the fuck on. Hardware mouse?

  15. #1515
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Seraph Altima
    FFXIV Server
    Mateus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Here's a stupid random question: How do I rotate my character during char creation so I can see (for example) the back of the hair? I've tried dragging with both mouse buttons, arrows, shift-arrows, ctrl-arrows, all of the above with numpad arrows--nothing works.

  16. #1516
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisa View Post
    Here's a stupid random question: How do I rotate my character during char creation so I can see (for example) the back of the hair? I've tried dragging with both mouse buttons, arrows, shift-arrows, ctrl-arrows, all of the above with numpad arrows--nothing works.
    IJKL

  17. #1517
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Nothing wrong with that, celeras. The market ward will give no "history", so its kind of a consolation if that's your thing.

    And yes, lol at the hardware mouse. Its painfully obvious that they once again didn't do their homework on what is considered the default standard when it comes to post-FFXI technology. Apparently pretty graphics and the FF brand we all know and love! is what they feel will be enough to pull in millions of subs.

    This also kills any hope I had for a modified UI. If they can't be bothered to put in hardware mouse support at launch, which is something the fucking sims 2 had a decade ago, then no, the UI will stay as is until they get slammed in reviews, and then maybe we'll see some changes.

    Honestly, if people are on the fence, I'd say wait till mid october when the reviews come out, then check the immediate patch notes to see what "emergency adjustments" the sheepish and red-faced SE have "planned" for the future.

  18. #1518
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - there is no such thing as "too much money from quests/mobs/ect." No matter how much coin people have, they will always pay what they feel is worth an item. If SE wants to control the economy, they don't have to do so by only allowing the average person to attain 10k gil in a month, especially if that 10k can only get them a single level 15 piece of gear, or a stack of food.
    Someone is unfamiliar with the term "hyperinflation". Prices will adjust, sure, but your savings will diminish at at an alarming rate once those high level leves start rolling. Players will be encouraged to invest all their money into tradeable items that preserve value when the currency tanks.

  19. #1519
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    293
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Seraph Altima
    FFXIV Server
    Mateus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    IJKL
    Thank you~

  20. #1520
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    @Hyan: I disagree, but I won't press the issue. The AH worked, but a fully-fleshed out selling history, complete with prices, dates, along with a list of all currently-offered versions of the item, complete with price, and the name of the seller, would have helped to curb, or at the very least, regulate a bit of the rampant inflation that went on over and over again.!
    http://tobolds.blogspot.com/2010/07/...trategies.html

    Doesn't sound like having every kind of info available is that helpful as far as AH's go.

    Whatever though.

Page 76 of 147 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast