1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes
Page 81 of 147 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 1601 to 1620 of 2937
  1. #1601
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Um? I'm 100% positive that the plate armor available in P1 from the vendors said "Discipline of War" and as soon as my friend equipped a staff it all was immediately unequipped. I wasn't in P1, but I watched a friend play quite a bit.

    Anyways, why would they change it for P3 (and possibly P2) only to take it back out in retail? Also, most of the gear we have access to now is low level, I'm sure the stats differences will be more noticeable later on. Think about it this way, if in FFXI a black mage could equip the entire Aurum set, they would loose so much in the way of damage in a lot of scenarios that it wouldn't be worth the additional DEF value (well that's more of a discussion for how DEF in FFXI is meaningless most of the time so let's just imagine for the sake of argument that it's not, as in XIV it seems to be worth a bit more.)

    I mean, obviously they need to balance it, which I hope they plan to do, and add more stats+ to gear, so that your base stats hopefully aren't so important. It would be nice if switching between classes, changing my gear was enough for most things, and I didn't have to reassign all my points every time. If they make this the case, I think being able to wear gear outside your class is perfectly 100% fine. I know as a traveling Armorsmith I'd appreciate being able to wear my wares incase of being attacked, and not be forced to travel in crafting gear with negligible defense ratings.
    Alpha had you unequip everything that you weren't leveled up to when you switched jobs. I'm 95% sure that everyone could equip everything from the start of phase 1, and that many of us assumed that it was a bug, so we scrambled to hit max level ASAP so we could "abuse" it.

  2. #1602
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by disland View Post
    Laughing while the ship sinks ITT
    would be funnier if you get a message you was bitten by a rattlesnake during the CS and ended up at the dock dead.

    Where did the rattlesnake come from? Very familiar....

  3. #1603
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Yea, what really got me was how terrible they communicated in that interview, and how they still haven't acknowledged in depth, what the community wants and what they intend to do about it besides more pleasantries about how they're considering it. It just sounds like the same shit all over again, and no one should defend them for this.
    I've taken a lot of shit from the "purists" screaming about this very issue. Its nice to see that others have finally come around. Purists that enjoy the game are just fine, but there aren't enough of them to justify keeping any servers on any game running.

    Keep crying that everything is okay. 6 months from now, it'll only be you and 15k other purists crying. This game is shaping up to launch like AOC if this keeps up, only instead of promising content, SE has promised nothing but the fact that we'll see a lot of these same issues we're currently dealing with at launch.

    @Celeras: You are a Barbed beast, dude. Keep up the good killing! Making me consider mage at launch until they patch/nerf that shit.

  4. #1604
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    209
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    Sure there's no mouse controls, but there wasn't any in XI and we all did fine I think. Once you get used to the controls you'll be OK.
    I did great in FFXI without mouse controls, in fact I loved the keyboard only controls. The problems is you seem to think the FFXI controls scheme is available in FFXIV, but it's not.

  5. #1605
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    70
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Getting to be pretty sure that NM placeholders are in the game and just not implemented.
    i was killing lost sheep on the upper level of moraby bay after a few hours a goob popped.
    never seen a goob there before, my first thought was it was a nm that popped by a
    placeholder sheep, of some sort.

  6. #1606
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by jenasu View Post
    i was killing lost sheep on the upper level of moraby bay after a few hours a goob popped.
    never seen a goob there before, my first thought was it was a nm that popped by a
    placeholder sheep, of some sort.
    A goob? You mean Gob or Blob? or a Goblin Blob? /room spinning

  7. #1607
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    70
    BG Level
    2

    goobdue, sorry.

  8. #1608
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    Goobue* Goob for short.

  9. #1609

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    This thread is now about how many people will spell Goobbue incorrectly.

  10. #1610
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Am i the only one hoping that the overwhelmingly negative reaction to SE during the next few weeks and month will get them to about face? How often have they bent to overwhelming negativity?

  11. #1611
    Pelvic Thruster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    554
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Am i the only one hoping that the overwhelmingly negative reaction to SE during the next few weeks and month will get them to about face? How often have they bent to overwhelming negativity?
    They won't. They are who they are :/

  12. #1612
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    408
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by YukonWildAss View Post
    I did great in FFXI without mouse controls, in fact I loved the keyboard only controls. The problems is you seem to think the FFXI controls scheme is available in FFXIV, but it's not.
    Yea, my comment was made from a perspective that they'll iron out the blatantly wrong shit in the Beta. It can't be that hard to take the choppy content they have (ex. bad KB layout, party mechanics, etc) and introduce it with a simplistic scheme. These are issues that ruin game experience, but they don't seem like an overly complex fix.

    There's a lot of rage about Surplus skills, and unless I missed something we don't know what that is. Obviously it's there on purpose, we just don't know what that purpose is, but SE does. It's not like surplus exp programed itself into the game.

    I guess I'm biased in my own way because I'm not in the Beta, but then again most people hoping to play this game are not. To me it seems like you guys are just frustrated with the testing phase due to lack of communication with SE, but for the rest of us... we just want to play

  13. #1613
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post

    Keep crying that everything is okay. .
    Another whine about imaginary SDF? Start reading posts ITT. You seem to be very selective about it.

  14. #1614
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Cureslime View Post
    They won't. They are who they are :/
    http://i34.tinypic.com/2vlrxx5.jpg


    THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE.

  15. #1615
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    274
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    I really do not understand how after 4+ years of development SE is releasing a freaking SHELL of a game. It did NOT take that much time to render and model all the visuals unless we've seen 5% of the total world, even then its BS.

    Lastly, the thought that they could even MAKE an MMO without an Auction House is mind blowing.
    ^This. From what I've seen and played for a limited amount of time, I'm very excited about the progression, visuals, and combat portion of the game. But how can SE fuck up something so simple as implementing an AH and the UI? I mean, those are two things that worked just fine in XI, how is it that 5 years later it's gotten worse?

  16. #1616
    Vuitton
    Guest

    I just want to see a Goobbue eat a Mandy. Where are the god damn mandies at?

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/...dbcd9ec9d2.jpg

  17. #1617
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    I guess I'm biased in my own way because I'm not in the Beta, but then again most people hoping to play this game are not. To me it seems like you guys are just frustrated with the testing phase due to lack of communication with SE, but for the rest of us... we just want to play
    You'll get your chance come early September, correct? Open beta? That's not terribly long of a wait.

  18. #1618
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    44
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Brodan View Post
    Another whine about imaginary SDF?
    This.

    It is really starting to piss me off that when someone says "Maybe they planned it to be that way", they are automatically "SDF". Or better yet, when someone goes on a page-long rant about one part of the game which is agreeably awful, they say "inb4 SE Def Force, hurr".

    It reminds me of politics, where there is no middle ground. Only extreme sides that refuse to acknowledge there is merit outside of their own opinion.

  19. #1619
    Pelvic Thruster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    554
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    http://i34.tinypic.com/2vlrxx5.jpg


    THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE.
    And we let 'em off the hook by buying the game anyways :/

  20. #1620
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    ^ I admit it, I loled.

    On-topic, though, has anyone found any higher level shields than the level 7 barnyard plank shield? Assholes in the ward selling that mess for 10k because its the only thing around.

    Someone was strutting around with a kite shield in P2 from a faction leve, so they're probably hiding more of the goodies up there.

Page 81 of 147 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast