BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    I love you.
    If you weren't a gay man.

How did you low man that? Did the fight in a pick up and we eventually moved it to the ledge near the conflux. But what pisses me off more is the gimp ass brd won over my bid or I would of had that dagger :/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Dooom can i buy that horn?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Wakabo View Post
    How did you low man that? Did the fight in a pick up and we eventually moved it to the ledge near the conflux. But what pisses me off more is the gimp ass brd won over my bid or I would of had that dagger :/
    RDM/SCHx2+COR takes the piss in that fight. SMN/BLU rolls, run away when it 2 hours. Have the COR /WHM and erase you so you don't have to get out of Dark Arts and waste charges. An -MDT% idle set helps.

rdm/sch x2 can kill in 12 minutes from entry, without 2h

not sure why you'd need to add more

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It really is a very easy fight, although 12 minutes is stretching it, it is easily done in less than 20. Needing more than 2 decent RDM/SCH's is silly because there is no danger in the fight honestly. Drain and Aspir are your friends.

EDIT: I did it in 17 minutes with a RDM/SCH, RDM/DRK and pretty much only me nuking, with Chainspell and full meds. 2 RDM/SCH's would make the fight a lot easier I am sure, but my partner doesn't have /SCH. But I could see how it would shave alot of time off if he did.

Do you tank it on the ledge near the conflex and really don't need a pld tanking? I feel like I'm missing something. AoE took a shit on everyone in my group the first time it did it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

HEAR ME THUNDA?

Full quote should have been "I AM VIV! HEAR ME THUNDA!". Was cut off from Cair's ss ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by zephr View Post
    RDM/SCHx2+COR takes the piss in that fight. SMN/BLU rolls, run away when it 2 hours. Have the COR /WHM and erase you so you don't have to get out of Dark Arts and waste charges. An -MDT% idle set helps.
    Why would you need to run during 2hr, I hardly noticed any difference in damage taken compared to normal attacks.

Aslong as you are utilizing height difference it shouldn't affect you at all.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Dooom can i buy that horn?
    Wolf still needs 5 more, sorry.

Nixles and Mari were dual boxed, Shellke came along on whm as fighting NMs is more fun than sitting in Whitegate. Took about 15-18 mins (I think) with only one Lucid Ether being used, can definitely see it being done in 12 mins with aggressive use of nukes and meds.

Do you tank it on the ledge near the conflex and really don't need a pld tanking? I feel like I'm missing something. AoE took a shit on everyone in my group the first time it did it.
    Found it's easier to tank it near the Martello, it's also easier to exploit height differences and space there I found. Only one character at a time was being hit by AoE, and hate bounced around nicely so that the mob spent as much time flying around swapping targets as it did attacking people. I've seen a lot of people struggling with this mob and I really don't understand why, as long as you come in prepared for it and use your head it's not that bad.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post

I don't think it was so much a need for more but some people bring friends along simply to spend time with them =(

It is a pretty fun fight to do with friends, if only because its a Wyrm =x.

Edit: Though, for staying on topic.

trio'd Megantereon Yesterday three times. THF/THF/RDM(Dual-boxed), Lost once due to stupid tiger luck, and we ended up with a Coral Fragment, Bloodied Tiger Fang (Key item to me), and a Clot Plasma!

I didn't bother screenshotting them cause i was too busy screaming that we didn't get the near 50% Drop with TH4 =D. Twice ;;

Still a Rdm novice, what does /sch give you for the fight over other subs?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Drain, Aspir, Ele Skill, Dark Skill so your drains/aspirs are better, lower MP nukes and -50%MP or -50% cast time strats. You could use any sub really but it helps with speed etc and it doesn't melee so /NIN isn't useful unless you want to kill other things that you'll need it for.
    Just have to make sure you don't use Cure IV in dark arts because that hurts, but you shouldn't need it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Still a Rdm novice, what does /sch give you for the fight over other subs?
    26 ele skill.
    66 dark skill.
    Drain, Aspir, 10% more fastcast and reduced MP cost assuming you only cast in proper art.
    Ability to half-mp or half-casttime(and recast time, breaks recast cap) 1 spell per 2min.
    Conserve MP.

You just have to be careful and make sure you don't get caught in the wrong art when you want to be in another or all the 10% benefits become 10% penalties.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Pre-charged sublimation can also be helpful, unload a couple of hundred MP on nukes etc. before using it to top yourself to full MP, then casting Refresh. Definintely not as major a point as the bonuses from Arts and Stratagems though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast